This was The Beatles’ fourth show at Litherland Town Hall, where they had given a triumphant homecoming performance on 27 December 1960, following their first trip to Hamburg.
The Beatles played at the venue on 20 separate occasions between December 1960 and 9 November 1961.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1993: UK album release: Off The Ground by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen return to London from New York
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1968: Tape copying: Only A Northern Song
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bradford
- 1962: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.