This was the 51st night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Mané Garrincha, Brasília, Brazil
- 1967: Tape copying: Yellow Submarine soundtrack songs
- 1965: Promotional films for We Can Work It Out, Day Tripper, Help!, Ticket To Ride and I Feel Fine
- 1964: Television: Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: US album release: The Beatles’ Story
- 1964: US single release: I Feel Fine
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Television audition: St James’s Church Hall, London
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1957: Live: New Clubmoor Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.