This was the 33rd night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney lends his support to Obama re-election campaign
- 2011: John Lennon’s tooth sells at auction for £19,500
- 2008: Beatles Kansas City footage sells for £4,100 ($6,600)
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Nottingham
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Slough
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.