Although The Quarrymen had few formal engagements between March 1958 and the end of the year, they did perform often at parties and family events.
On 20 December 1958 they played at the wedding reception of George Harrison's brother Harry and his bride Irene McCann. The event was held in Speke, Liverpool.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at O2 Academy, Liverpool
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at The O2, Dublin
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for CBC Weekend
- 1969: Television: John Lennon in conversation with Marshall McLuhan
- 1966: Recording: When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1966: Television: Reporting ’66
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.