You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when... | Page 110 | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
22 March 2013
7.12pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1841

My city just put a roundabout in, I don't really know why other then artistic reasons. Anyways now when driving around it or talking about it I always think of Penny Lane and I'm always tempted to sing "Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout
The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray
And though she feels as if she's in a play
She is anyway."

22 March 2013
8.31pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2266

I don't think I've ever seen a roundabout; they're still pretty uncommon here in Canada although apparently becoming more popular.

Frankly, I wonder if the local motorists will be able to properly grasp the concept.

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
23 March 2013
3.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1841

I've seen a few over here in the States before this one was put in. They're not real popular, but I guess they're becoming more common. Before it was finished and before I actually drove around it, I thought the same thing about adaptability. Its actually pretty easy once you get use to it.

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you probably have a book (not actually an book) of Beatley moments that have happened to you.

While you like the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower, one moment that stick out in you mind is when Sam receives the single of Something

Speaking of movies, sometimes you watch movies just to catch the Beatle references or music in there.

23 March 2013
5.11pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2951

0.0 Don't you have roundabouts in America/Canada?? I never knew that, how strange...

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there's not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ''Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!'' (I'm surprised that no one has metioned that it was the anniversary yesterday, or at least I don't think they have).

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

23 March 2013
5.33pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5775

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there's not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ''Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!'' (I'm surprised that no one has metioned that it was the anniversary yesterday, or at least I don't think they have).

I posted something in the news thread.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

24 March 2013
2.20am
Gerard
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 690

fabfouremily said
0.0 Don't you have roundabouts in America/Canada?? I never knew that, how strange...

Same here I posted it on a Beatley Moment thread, thanks to Ripley's Believe it Or Not.

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
24 March 2013
7.32am
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there's not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ''Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!''

Haha, I do that as well! My birthday is in the same week as George's, and that week my friends were confused as to why I had written his birthday in my planner when I hadn't written my own.

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

24 March 2013
1.51pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

parlance said

I posted something in the news thread.

parlance

Gerell said

Same here I posted it on a Beatley Moment thread, thanks to Ripley's Believe it Or Not.

Oh yeah, I've seen both of your comments now.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 March 2013
7.50pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1665

...you write "I <3 THE BEATLES" on your hand, and when it starts to fade, you rewrite it, and when it starts to fade again, you rewrite it again, etc. :)

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

25 March 2013
6.16am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

Egroeg Evoli said

...you write "I <3 THE BEATLES" on your hand, and when it starts to fade, you rewrite it, and when it starts to fade again, you rewrite it again, etc. :)

There was some kid in my Math class who was doing that, but instead of it just saying "I <3 THE BEATLES," it was a whole sleeve tattoo which he kept going over in permanent markers. He seriously had that for about a week. I always thought that made people odd, not hardcore.a-hard-days-night-george-10

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
25 March 2013
6.21am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Mine is just written once in pen. Not as strange as the sleeve tattoo...

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

25 March 2013
6.26am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

Yeah, I guess you're right, Egroeg, the sleeve tattoo is a bit more weird.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
25 March 2013
7.04am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2115

Speaking of sleeves...  you know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when..  you are going in next weekend to get another Beatles tattoo.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6  It will complete my sleeve...  for now.  There will still be some space left on my forearm but I don't know what to put in the gaps so I probably won't fill that with anything for a long time.  Later in the year I will probably also get some Blackbirds coming out of my "tree of life" spilling onto my collar-bone region..  and maybe some lyrics above the tree.. maybe "No one I think is in my tree".  How perfect, didn't plan that when I got it but it would be very fitting.  a-hard-days-night-john-1  F*cking expensive and painful addiction.  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 March 2013
2.22pm
Loony-Lucy
Italy
The Indra
Forum Posts: 41

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you instantly think of Yellow Submarine every time you see a yellow car (or any other yellow vehicle) blue-meanie

26 March 2013
12.56pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said
Speaking of sleeves...  you know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when..  you are going in next weekend to get another Beatles tattoo.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6  It will complete my sleeve...  for now.  There will still be some space left on my forearm but I don't know what to put in the gaps so I probably won't fill that with anything for a long time.  Later in the year I will probably also get some Blackbirds coming out of my "tree of life" spilling onto my collar-bone region..  and maybe some lyrics above the tree.. maybe "No one I think is in my tree".  How perfect, didn't plan that when I got it but it would be very fitting.  a-hard-days-night-john-1  F*cking expensive and painful addiction.  heart

Wow, you've got almost your whole arm covered??

Painful addiction? Sounds like it to me. Pretty cool though :)

27 March 2013
2.48am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

LongHairedLady said

Wow, you've got almost your whole arm covered??

Painful addiction? Sounds like it to me. Pretty cool though :)

Thanks! Yes, my right arm will be mostly covered.  It's been gradual over the last 13+ years.  I also have one on my left arm that takes up about half the upper arm (among others scattered around me body), but I'm happy with it like that (for now anyways).  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

29 March 2013
12.53pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

You know that your family knows you're a hardcore Beatles fan when they try to smuggle you into the over 18's club on the cruise we went on just because they were having a 'Beatles night'. And when the bodyguard said ''no, 'cause I don't think she looks over 18 years old'', my nan and mom began arguing with him (which they never do), saying that I wasn't that far away from 18, and I'm a MASSIVE Beatles fan. He still wouldn't let me in :D

29 March 2013
4.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2222

LongHairedLady said

What kind of tattoo are you getting now then?

And I'd love to see a picture of your sleeve! *hint* *hint*

30 March 2013
5.57am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

Linde said

LongHairedLady said

What kind of tattoo are you getting now then?

And I'd love to see a picture of your sleeve! *hint* *hint*

It's going to be a piece with all 4 Beatles with the apple and "Love is all you need" in there.. hard to explain but the style is inspired by Fiona Fu's beautiful style:

I can send you a pic when I get it if you'd like!a-hard-days-night-john-3  I'm getting it on Sunday!   a-hard-days-night-john-6

30 March 2013
7.05pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I'd like to see a pic of it, too! :)

☮ & <3

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Atlas
56 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11032

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5991

parlance: 5775