You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when... | Page 109 | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
2 March 2013
6.48pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2046

There's this interview with Dusty where he does an impression of Donald Duck. For someone who hates Donald Duck, he does a great impressionahdn_ringo_09

Oh and I can tell what year a picture is from by looking at their hair too. It's pretty funny.

2 March 2013
8.16pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1233

In the John Lennon Letters book, they had a question and answer thing by each Beatle, and for dislikes, Ringo put Donald Duck. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
13 March 2013
7.24pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2216

…you hear that the new Pope chooses the name Francesco, and are disappointed because you were really hoping for a "Pope George and Ringo"

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
13 March 2013
7.34pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3035

I was also thinking "Pope George Ringo", reminds of a cartoon I put up in another thread a few weeks ago. By the way, you got the name wrong. It's Pope Francis I.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
13 March 2013
9.11pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop

LOL, I overheard somebody at work said "Francisco"; no idea how I misspelled it! Presumably the Latin Americans will go with (the much cooler) "Francisco" over "Francis."

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
13 March 2013
10.11pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you hear somebody mention Paul McCartney, and your first thought is "I wonder how she knows Paul," and then you realize how daft that was.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

You know your brother's a hardcore Beatles fan when he wants your baby sister's first word to be Beatles, and then he's almost disappointed when she can say his name before she can say Beatles.

13 March 2013
10.41pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop

OK, another hilarious bit of Pope/Beatles symmetry HERE:

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/Threa…..747#unread

(You may have to do a bit of searching for it. And it may be a bit obscure if you haven't seen "Magical Mystery Tour")

19 March 2013
10.03pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1763

While watching The Beatles Cartoon after the sing-a-long session when they comment how "Marie and Roger weren't singing", you start crying because they didn't say your name paul-mccartney….oh that was only me…okay then :(

Everytime the teacher gives you question "number nine" for homework you exchange a Beatle-knowing glance with your friends, same with "The Night Before","HELP" etc. I swear those teachers just want me to fangirl to death.

A lad in your class is named Paul and everytime a teacher asks a question to Paul, you raise your head with hope then sigh when it's not the Paul.

God, The Beatles have ruined my life but they're so good paul-mccartney

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
20 March 2013
1.23am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5111

AppleScruffJunior said
While watching The Beatles Cartoon after the sing-a-long session when they comment how "Marie and Roger weren't singing", you start crying because they didn't say your name paul-mccartney….oh that was only me…okay then :(

I used to think about how thrilled those kids they did name must have been.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

20 March 2013
1.01pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9780

When you're ill all your being can handle is soft Beatles songs and upon recovery all you want to listen to is Beatles music.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
21 March 2013
12.02am
TwoAfter908
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 222

You know when you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you listen to all 13 studio albums in a row without stopping in between to do anything.

I did this a few weeks ago, took me 8 1/2 hours. It was all worth it.

My favourite song is 'Stairway to Heaven' by Motley Crue on their 1876 album 'Yellow Submarine'.
21 March 2013
6.47am
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

You know when you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you listen to all 13 studio albums in a row without stopping in between to do anything.

I did this a few weeks ago, took me 8 1/2 hours. It was all worth it

Respect, my friend, RESPECT

apple01

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

21 March 2013
10.03am
Gerell
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 682

TwoAfter908 said

Something that I could never ever done, I don't have that much free time.

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
21 March 2013
12.10pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

TwoAfter908 said

Wow. Just. Wow.

I couldn't do that, I have to go to the loo way too often.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

21 March 2013
1.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5111

^^ I do this whenever I have a major school assignment that's going to keep me on the computer all day. Just start the Beatles playlist on iTunes and go. :->

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

22 March 2013
4.46am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

TwoAfter908 said

I couldn't do that, after like the first or second album, I just stop listening, it goes right through my head, couldn't keep listening if I tried. 

22 March 2013
9.30am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2046

TwoAfter908 said

Wow. I'd never have the time for that and I'd probably be bored soon.

22 March 2013
11.32am
Gerell
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 682

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you read anything Beatle-related.

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
22 March 2013
2.01pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop

TwoAfter908 said

Ha, well done! I only made it about halfway back in 2010. Wasn't a pre-planned decision – I just felt like hearing PPM and WTB in succession to compare them for similarities, then after they ended I figured "what the hell" and kept going. I abandoned the attempt after Revolver because I got ear fatigue from the headphones, plus I didn't wanna stay up until 4am! (Also, I probably cheated by getting up to make a drink, going to the bathroom a few times…can't remember.)

You know you're hardcore etc. when…you go through all 100-plus pages of this thread with a checklist in hand, going "Yes…yes…yes…no…no…yes…"

22 March 2013
5.47pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9780

When someone says Liverpool Lime Street Station and you being singing Maggie Mae.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Oudis
46 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9780

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5111

Ahhh Girl: 4980

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4173

Zig: 4103

Mr. Kite: 3706

Ron Nasty: 3035

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2598

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3158

Newest Members: meatlog, David Diamond, CheerDown783, Nereus, Mazza

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4980), meanmistermustard (9780), Zig (4103), Joe (3452)

Administrators: Joe (3452), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None