Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
11 January 2013
8.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2101sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you remember the last Greek letter is Omega by recalling the name of that dodgy seventies album that inspired the Red and Blue albums.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 January 2013
8.40pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2102sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking through my English notebook today, and in the beginning of the year we had to draw a big heart and write stuff in it that we love; the things we love most were in the middle, and as you went out it was stuff you love less. So, you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you think you love Paul McCartney  more than your brother. paul-mccartney

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Beatlebug

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

11 January 2013
9.41pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2103sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
When you remember the last Greek letter is Omega by recalling the name of that dodgy seventies album that inspired the Red and Blue albums.

Mine is similar…

…you always remember that John F. Kennedy was assassinated on a Friday because With The Beatles was released on the same day and their albums were always released on a Friday.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

11 January 2013
10.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

I read somewhere a long time ago that Doctor Who was originally going to be aired for the first time on 22nd November 1963, the same day as With The Beatles , but was delayed by 1 day because of the Kennedy shooting. I cant see the BBC screening it on a Friday however and it wasnt like there was 24 hour news with endless updates of nothing new, more a man behind a desk looking very stern whenever updates were available for such a significant event.

WTB is the reason why i remember the date Kennedy was shot. And Love Me Do is the reason why i know the release date of the first James Bond film. World event dates would be far easier to remember if they all tied in with a Beatle event.

Are we allowed to claim hearing some football commentator saying “he’s Free As A Bird ” reminds you of the Beatles song as an example of when you know you’re a hardcore fan? More trying to bring it back to the topic after my deviation. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 January 2013
10.53pm
BlueMeanie
Bambi Kino
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
2105sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you have to give references for an essay you did for class and it goes something like this:

Start quote from:

Happiness Is A Warm Gun ” – The Beatles

End quote from:

Photograph- Ringo Starr

Other songs mentioned (in names or direct song lyrics)

Revolution – The Beatles

Piggies – The Beatles

For the Benefit of Mr. Kite- The Beatles

Lovely Rita – The Beatles

Dear Prudence – The Beatles

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds – The Beatles

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da – The Beatles

Martha My Dear – The Beatles

I can see clearly now- Johnny Nash

Drug imagery/hallucinations from:

.Interviews with The Beatles

.(from the song) Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

^^^ And before I get comments on Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds not being about LSD I know, I just used the whole flowers towering over our heads and seeing the world in psychedelic ways.

The following people thank BlueMeanie for this post:

Beatlebug
14 January 2013
8.41am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

I wonder if I’m the only active regularly posting member of this site who would have to confess I know I’m not a hardcore Beatles fan…a-hard-days-night-paul-10

That doesn’t mean I don’t love the Beatles.

(I guess that would be a riddle or an enigma to be solved…)

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

14 January 2013
5.17pm
Fool in a field of Strawberries
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 25

You start an account on this site after realizing that you are eating a green apple and staring at it in shock.

You hear someone say that something looks “bluish”, and you start cracking up because your mind immediately references the “Yellow Submarine ” movie.

The following people thank Fool in a field of Strawberries for this post:

Beatlebug
20 January 2013
10.39pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2108sp_Permalink sp_Print
  • Your Cover photo on Facebook is always the Beatles, or Paul McCartney .
  • Your Wallpaper on your phone is again, the Beatles or Paul McCartney .
  • You prefer working out to the Beatles, opposed to “dance music”.
  • You listen to their music every single day, in the car, on your iPod and at home.
  • Your Facebook status is almost always Beatles lyrics.
  • You tattoo “The End ” lyrics onto your forearm.

I’m sure there is more that I can’t think of right now.  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 January 2013
4.02am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

When you feel no one really understands even people you know who are Beatles fans except on here

^When you are in your “Beatle” mood your friends, spouse, parents ask can they please listen to something else and you can’t understand why

All You Need Is Love is tattooed on your upper arm

You thought about having your license plate read: LMW IF28

While walking across zebra crossing you think about The Beatles

You can never have too many Beatle shirts

You plan to name your kid(s) Beatley related

You are really happy on your birthday/anniversary (Dec.7) and then really sad the next day (Dec.8)

You talk about them so much people get tired of them

You talk about them so much that people actually give them try to see why the heck you are talk about them so much

^You are happy you converted them into fans

You hate posers wearing Beatle shirts (actually I hate people wearing t-shirts of bands or movies or shows they are not a fan of)

When people know what to buy you for Christmas or your birthday

You have a shelf basically dedicated to Beatles movies/interviews/Beatley movies (ex:Across The Universe )

The only reason why you remember family members’ birthdays that fall on Feb 7 or 9 is because of The Beatles.

You look for Beatle stuff in your textbooks

You get excited when The Beatles are talked about in class

You got excited when The Beatles were mentioned in a church (my parents church did a whole sermon on Eleanor Rigby ).  “We’re bigger than Jesus”

You get excited if someone mentions The Beatles on fb or tv/movie or everyday conversations.

You have big #9 on your wallpaper

Most of your passwords/emails/usernames have the #9

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Beatlebug
21 January 2013
5.26am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members

sky090909 said

My plans for this will never happen now, because it probably would have been after my favourite…  I’m getting married later this year, and my last name will be..  Pauls.  But thats still pretty cool because my last name is the first name of one of my favourite people!  a-hard-days-night-paul-7

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 January 2013
5.49am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2111sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

sky090909 said

My plans for this will never happen now, because it probably would have been after my favourite…  I’m getting married later this year, and my last name will be..  Pauls.  But thats still pretty cool because my last name is the first name of one of my favourite people!  a-hard-days-night-paul-7

That is awesome!heart You could always name your kid John Pauls. Just a thought 

21 January 2013
6.36am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members

Totally!  

Also, I decided years ago that if I had a boy I would probably use my late father’s first name for a middle name, which was James, which is also Paul’s real name.  ______ James Pauls.  Hehehe. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

21 January 2013
6.45am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2113sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
Totally!  

Also, I decided years ago that if I had a boy I would probably use my late father’s first name for a middle name, which was James, which is also Paul’s real name.  ______ James Pauls.  Hehehe. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

There ya go ahdn_ringo_09

21 January 2013
2.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2114sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was actually planning on giving my kids a Beatles related name if they will be girls, but that’s more of a coincidence. I’ve always liked the names Maureen and Olivia and that has nothing to do with the Beatles, because I used to have a neighbor who I always thought was a cool woman and she was called Maureen and when I did ballet there was a girl in my group called Olivia and I immediately thought it was a cute name.

And I ALWAYS look for the Beatles whenever there’s something in my schoolbooks on music or the UK or anything I could relate them to,

31 January 2013
12.49am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
2115sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

… you always hear people say things that make Beatles songs play in your mind, even when the words you heard a) have nothing to do with the song or b) aren’t what the person actually said.

For example:

Someone said “Fell,” and If I Fell  started playing in my mind.

Someone said “Pineapple,” and Octopus’s Garden started playing in my mind. 

I thought someone said “Revolution ,” and Revolution started playing in my mind, but they actually said something about gorillas. I don’t know where I got “Revolution ” from.

The following people thank Egroeg Evoli for this post:

Beatlebug

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

31 January 2013
1.03am
Beatles in the Blood
Nowhere Land
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 384
2116sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you got really angry at your chronologicalorder shelf of all the albums had A Hard Days Night after Beatles For Sale .

I need a life, HELP ME PLEASE SIR LENNON a-hard-days-night-john-7

The following people thank Beatles in the Blood for this post:

Beatlebug

The Incedibly True Story THat Never Ends. By Sam.

Best Friend: WHat are you listening to

Me: The Beatles

Best Friend: Go Figure

31 January 2013
3.45am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2117sp_Permalink sp_Print

When certain street names remind you of The Beatles: Pepper Lane, Penny Lane (there is one in a town down the road from me), Apple St, and Williow St (Paul solo Little Willow)

Certain Beatle moods when you listen to them: Early Beatles, Middle era, Late Beatles or sometimes all together

Tax season comes up or when someone mentions taxes you think of Taxman

For some reason every time I hear/see the name Wilson I think of Taxman .

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Beatlebug
31 January 2013
3.50am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2118sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said

Do you have the same problem with the word “heath”? That would be worse. At least in the UK it would, there are heaths all over the place.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 January 2013
4.02am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
2119sp_Permalink sp_Print

We recently updated the iTunes on our computer, and one of the new features is when you scroll through the artists, it’s much quicker than before.  So I said to my spouse, “Oh good, so when I’m switching from The Beatles to Paul McCartney it’s much quicker.”  ‘Exactly”..  a-hard-days-night-paul-7

31 January 2013
4.04am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2120sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

sky090909 said

Do you have the same problem with the word “heath”? That would be worse. At least in the UK it would, there are heaths all over the place.

Don’t know any Heaths, but I know a lot of Wilsons.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694