Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
26 September 2012
12.14am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Small things please small minds. I just thought it was amusing.

To get back on topic

You want to watch Quantam of Solace again because you’re reminded that one of the Bond girls was called Strawberry Fields and that it also makes you happy.

There are beatle references and hat tippings all over the place.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 September 2012
6.43am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
2042sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when, while listening to “Rocket Man” for the first time in a long time, you instinctively sing “And all the science, I don’t understand: it’s just my job Eight Days A Week “. a-hard-days-night-john-7 a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-john-1

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

29 September 2012
9.07am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2043sp_Permalink sp_Print

When after just 4 classes with my new chemistry teacher he says to me:

”What have you got with The Beatles on today, then?” Then he said, ”sing us a Beatles song, Emily”. I said no so he went ”you say goodbye and I say hello”.

Best chemistry class so far.

Oh yes, and then he ran off down the corridor with my new Beatles CD that my friend´s bought me. I got some funny looks as I was chasing him saying ”give it back, it´s mine”. Especially because I don´t usually raise my voice much. Funny times.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 September 2012
4.48pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when your best friend wakes you up by playing “Norwegian Wood ” and “Girl”, which she knows you absolutely cannot resist. You roll out of bed at exactly 9:17 after this–it is pure coincidence. Your mother then asks how you are feeling, to which you reply “I’m So Tired “. She follows up your statement with another question: “Why did you get up, then?”. Your friend replies, smirking, “Because John Lennon woke her up.” a-hard-days-night-john-7a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-6

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

5 October 2012
9.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2045sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you plan “Birthday Parties” for them weeks in advance, clearing your calendar to make sure there are no conflicts.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

7 October 2012
9.57pm
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198
2046sp_Permalink sp_Print

When half of the important dates on you calander are Beatles-related.
I have almost NO social life. paul-mccartney

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

7 October 2012
10.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

When Rossini’s Barber of Seville just isnt the same without George piping up halfway thru saying “I Need You by George Harrison “.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 October 2012
10.29pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
2048sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
When Rossini’s Barber of Seville just isnt the same without George piping up halfway thru saying “I Need You by George Harrison “.

seconded. heart

You make your own dream.

9 October 2012
9.58pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2049sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you get in the car to go to school, and you’re so tired you do not want to go, but your brother plays Happiness Is A Warm Gun on the way, so you don’t care about being tired anymore. Then Martha My Dear starts as the car is being parked and you’re a little upset you can’t sit in the car and listen to the rest of the album.

Also when you get a paper which is due on October ninth, and when your teacher says the due date your first thought was John.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

10 October 2012
12.25am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2050sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
Also when you get a paper which is due on October ninth, and when your teacher says the due date your first thought was John.

I had a test today, and he was also my first thought when my teacher announced the test date a couple of weeks ago. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

10 October 2012
6.17pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
2051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

unknown said

I had a test today, and he was also my first thought when my teacher announced the test date a couple of weeks ago. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Same! I was like “aw man I have to take a midterm on a holiday!” silly teachers…

You make your own dream.

13 October 2012
6.26am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
2052sp_Permalink sp_Print

you also know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you dad is saved in your phone as Bungalow Bill.

You make your own dream.

13 October 2012
10.38am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2053sp_Permalink sp_Print

The opening message when I turn my phone on is ‘you know my name (look up the number)’.

Also when your mom buys a new pair of shoes and the first thing you notice is that the brand is called Yokono.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

13 October 2012
4.44pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
2054sp_Permalink sp_Print

that’s pretty cool, emily! my mom is getting me custom Abbey Road TOMS for Christmas. I’m so excited for them!

You make your own dream.

14 October 2012
11.32am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2055sp_Permalink sp_Print

annab93 said
that’s pretty cool, emily! my mom is getting me custom Abbey Road TOMS for Christmas. I’m so excited for them!

That´s pretty cool, too! ahdn_george_08brian-epstein

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 October 2012
4.57am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2056sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you’re taking a Spanish quiz and you have to draw the definition for “major que nadie,” so you draw Paul McCartney since that means “better than anyone.”

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

25 October 2012
4.18pm
Mother Nature's Son
Find me in my field of grass.
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
2057sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when your iPod plays Sgt Pepper ‘s by itself and you immediately assume either John or George are haunting it. Which you find somewhat exciting.

ahdn_paul_06 Did that sound wrong?

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius...I am one, and if there isn't, I don't care."
-John

25 October 2012
7.41pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2058sp_Permalink sp_Print

You seriously consider downloading a badly pressed, edited and noisy version of Penny Lane just to hear what it sounds like but realise it would just annoy you. Same goes for heavily edited versions of White Album tracks which were included on the reel to reel tape.

26 October 2012
3.36pm
Mother Nature's Son
Find me in my field of grass.
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you consider putting an alarm on your iPod at 9:10 with a certain Let It Be song playing.

EDIT: And most of the ads you see on websites that have nothing to do with the Beatles are Beatles related. COINCIDENCE?

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius...I am one, and if there isn't, I don't care."
-John

26 October 2012
11.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2060sp_Permalink sp_Print

You are delighted that the first stage of the journey you are on ends just as side one of Abbey Road is ending.

You are equally delighted that the second stage of the journey ends just after side 2 finishes.

A journey set to Abbey Road heartapple01

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694