Ultimate Solo Compilation Album | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  
 

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Ultimate Solo Compilation Album
3 August 2010
2.38am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Not too long ago we had a hypothetical thread about the album the Beatles could have made after Abbey Road, so that got me thinking about what songs I would use for a compilation of the four former Beatles.

Here are the rules: You need 14 songs and for fairness sake, let's have 4 from John, Paul and George and 2 from Ringo, and you can't use anything from George's Traveling Wilburys days.

The songs don't need to be their real "greatest" hits or number one songs or anything like that, just whatever 14 you want.

Here's mine:

1) Band on the Run (Paul)

2) Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (George)

3) I Found Out (John)

4) Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul)

5) Photograph (Ringo)

6) Dark Horse (George)

7) Oh My Love (John)

8) Picasso's Last Words (Paul)

9) Behind That Locked Door (George)

10) Hold On (John)

11) Back Off Boogaloo (Ringo)

12) Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) (George)

13) Mull Of Kintyre (Paul)

14) Oh Yoko! (John) 

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
3 August 2010
6.15pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2261
Member Since:
1 December 2009
Offline

Heh heh, you were determined to give George equal time on that previous thread too, weren't you?  :)

Anyways, concentrating mostly on non-LP singles:

1) Instant Karma! (John)

2) Junior's Farm (Paul)

3) Bangla Desh (George)

4) Power To The People (John)

5) Hi, Hi, Hi (Paul)

6) What Is Life (George)

7) It Don't Come Easy (Ringo)

8) Cold Turkey (John)

9) Goodnight Tonight (Paul)

10) Awaiting On You All (George)

11) Woman (John)

12) Coming Up (Paul)

13) Give Me Love (George)

14) Early 1970 (Ringo)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
4 August 2010
1.30pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4715
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

I tried to create my list in such a way that the songs would sound good back-to-back. I haven't tested it yet, but look forward to listening to it.

1. Venus and Mars / Rock Show – (P)

2. What is Life (G)

3. Woman (J)

4. When We Was Fab (G)

5. Imagine (J)

6. Wah Wah (G)

7. Well Well Well (J)

8. Let Me Roll It (P)

9. That’s the Way it Goes (G)

10. Working Class Hero (J) – I actually considered How Do You Sleep instead of this one. Then I thought, ‘oh, how John of me’ and decided to let the irony get lost on its own.

11. Photograph (R or ½ R and ½ G for you anal-retentive types…wait – is anal-retentive really hyphenated?)

12. Mull of Kintyre (P)

13. It Don't Come Easy (R)

14. Mrs. Vanderbilt (P)

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

5 August 2010
3.57pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Thanks Zig for my new playlist a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
5 August 2010
5.15pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4715
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

mithveaen said:

Thanks Zig for my new playlist a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


My pleasure, Señorita Mithveaen.

How is your summer going? Does your school in Mexico shut down for the summer like most of those here in the U.S.?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

5 August 2010
10.58pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig I considered How Do You Sleep too. I don't particularly care for the message of the song, but there is no doubt that it was one of John's best. And I think that Wah Wah and Well Well Well would sound good together, plus they look good back to back which is really all that matters.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
6 August 2010
5.00pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2261
Member Since:
1 December 2009
Offline

GniknuS said:

And I think that Wah Wah and Well Well Well would sound good together, plus they look good back to back which is really all that matters.


Plus it's fun to say the titles back-to-back!

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
9 August 2010
12.09pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4715
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

vonbontee said:

GniknuS said:

And I think that Wah Wah and Well Well Well would sound good together, plus they look good back to back which is really all that matters.


Plus it's fun to say the titles back-to-back!

Thanks, gents. When I put the list together, I put on my "game face" on george-martin.

OK, so it was my George Martin face.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

9 August 2010
7.12pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig said:

mithveaen said:

Thanks Zig for my new playlist a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


My pleasure, Señorita Mithveaen.

How is your summer going? Does your school in Mexico shut down for the summer like most of those here in the U.S.?


Gracias Señor Zig.

Well yes we shut down schools, but we're back in August, so my Summer is officiallly over. Actually today I started again my very busy schedule. (so if you don't see me that often you know why)

But this Summer was one of the best ever. I rested for almost 2 months, I watched tons of movies and TV shows, I got back in shape, and I'm still in Macca Planet. I watched Paul's concert from Foro Sol (the one I downloaded from Internet) yesterday and I got goosebumps again with most of the songs. Amazing.

 

Thanks for asking!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
9 August 2010
7.14pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
10

mithveaen said:

Zig said:

mithveaen said:

Thanks Zig for my new playlist a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


My pleasure, Señorita Mithveaen.
 

How is your summer going? Does your school in Mexico shut down for the summer like most of those here in the U.S.?


Gracias Señor Zig.
 

Well yes we shut down schools, but we're back in August, so my Summer is officiallly over. Actually today I started again my very busy schedule. (so if you don't see me that often you know why)

But this Summer was one of the best ever. I rested for almost 2 months, I watched tons of movies and TV shows, I got back in shape, and I'm still in Macca Planet. I watched Paul's concert from Foro Sol (the one I downloaded from Internet) yesterday and I got goosebumps again with most of the songs. Amazing.

 

Thanks for asking!!


This summer has gone by too fast, but they always do.
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
9 August 2010
7.17pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
11

Oh and another thing why this Summer rocked.. I joined this forum!!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
11 August 2010
4.48am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig. I checked your playlist and I love it!! I just did a little change, I included George's My Sweet Lord. I haven't found the place to put it but I want it there.. so let's see where it fits. (Maybe after Paul's Mull. Not sure yet)

 

Now I'm trying Gnik and Von Bontee's list. As you can see I'm into their solo work.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
11 August 2010
5.52pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4715
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

Glad to hear that Mithveaen! I haven't even tried it myself yet – I'm waiting for my new iPod to come in the mail.

As for adding My Sweet Lord, you can put it anywhere you want it. Let's call it a bonus track. If I had my way, and we were able to include Travelling Wilbury songs, I would have included Handle With Care. I know it was only co-written by our boy Mr. Harrison, but I just love it. It's my favorite track on Concert for George.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

11 August 2010
6.37pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
14

Zig said:

Glad to hear that Mithveaen! I haven't even tried it myself yet – I'm waiting for my new iPod to come in the mail.

As for adding My Sweet Lord, you can put it anywhere you want it. Let's call it a bonus track. If I had my way, and we were able to include Travelling Wilbury songs, I would have included Handle With Care. I know it was only co-written by our boy Mr. Harrison, but I just love it. It's my favorite track on Concert for George.


Actually I put it at the end of the playlist and works very nicely. I'm very tempted in adding some Let 'em in and Watching the Wheels. Not sure if that follows the rules but.....
Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
13 August 2010
1.25am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig said:

 If I had my way, and we were able to include Travelling Wilbury songs, I would have included Handle With Care. I know it was only co-written by our boy Mr. Harrison, but I just love it. It's my favorite track on Concert for George.


Well it's not like George just co-wrote that song with Yoko Ono or Linda McCartney, he had the benefit of working with Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, and Bob Dylan. It just would be an unfair advantage.
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
13 August 2010
5.24am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Ok I've got my Mr. Zig's Ultimate Solo Compilation Album Reloaded playlist with some extra stuff and it goes like this: (sorry, I'm too tired to type all the list)

 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

 

And yes, that's my winamp skin. My nephew did it a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

 

Edit: Darn it, the font is too small. Ok, go up and check Zig's original list. I just added

John (Just like) starting all over

George – Apple scruffs

Paul – Maybe I'm amazed

John – Watching the wheels

Paul – Let 'em in

George – My Sweet Lord.

 

I didn't include another from Ringo. Any suggestions?

 

BTW Gnik, I'm trying yours this weekend....

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
13 August 2010
10.25am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3601
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline
17

I'm The Greatest for Ringo. It was written by John, sung by Ringo, and has Lennon on piano and George on guitar.

As a bonus it has the lines "Yes my name is Billy Shears/You know it has been for so many years/Now I'm only thirty-two/And all I wanna do is boogaloo!" What's not to like?

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

13 August 2010
5.08pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4715
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

mithveaen said:

 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

 


Mithveaen – that is so cool. Tell your nephew it looks great!

 

Gnik - I hear you loud and clear. With co-writers like that, how could the song be anything else but awesome?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

13 August 2010
5.57pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4645
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
19

Wow thanks Joe!! I'm throwing that one to my playlist!! *making mental note : Get Ringo's albums and check them out*

 

I'm so falilng in love with the solo years.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
13 August 2010
9.28pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
20

mithveaen said:

Ok I've got my Mr. Zig's Ultimate Solo Compilation Album Reloaded playlist with some extra stuff and it goes like this: (sorry, I'm too tired to type all the list)

 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

 

And yes, that's my winamp skin. My nephew did it a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

 

Edit: Darn it, the font is too small. Ok, go up and check Zig's original list. I just added

John (Just like) starting all over

George – Apple scruffs

Paul – Maybe I'm amazed

John – Watching the wheels

Paul – Let 'em in

George – My Sweet Lord.

 

I didn't include another from Ringo. Any suggestions?

 

BTW Gnik, I'm trying yours this weekend....


Ok, let me know how it goes. I updated it a little. Great add with Apple Scruffs by the way, that's one of my favorite songs ever.
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, meanmistermustard, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Bulldog, Sun King, Lucy in the Sky, georgiewood, Merch
57 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10927

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5899

parlance: 5757

Annadog40: 5174

Zig: 4715

Mr. Kite: 4685

mithveaen: 4645

Ron Nasty: 3329

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2762

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3204

Posts: 144329

Newest Members: pauadrian, hark.theangelscome, harktheangelscome, Paperback Writer 1971, kristen12356

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5899, meanmistermustard: 10927, Zig: 4715, Joe: 3601

Administrators: Joe: 3601, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mistermark21
Upcoming: None