Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Halloween 2013
31 October 2013
6.56pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2927

^^^ Hahaha yeah, that's a good idea, actually :D

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

31 October 2013
7.00pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1742

fabfouremily said
I'm guessing most of you here celebrate Halloween, so I guess you don't have an answer to my question, but I'll ask anyway. What's the best way to ignore trick or treaters, and not letting them know you're in? I usually go out on this day each year, but here I am tonight, and currently being disturbed my little kids every ten minutes. I don't mind them having some fun, but I don't want to have to stop studying all the time to go and answer the door (only to say we have no sweets or chocolate in).  I've already turned the big lamp off in the study and switched a smaller one on which gives off a dimmer light…. and still they know I'm here.

Its fine if you don't answer the door; however, don't be rude about it. I live in the bible belt and I remember a few houses I went to as child people were very rude, "Go away! We don't celebrate Halloween" or slamming doors. I doubt you would do this though. Another option is maybe buy some candy and leave it at the door. I plan to do this myself since I am going out tonight, yet I have decorated my house. I'm going to tape or rope down the candy bowl to the stool (and maybe tie down the stool to my porch), so they little critters won't run off with the bowl. 

31 October 2013
7.03pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1748

fabfouremily said

I dare ya to do it, tell me how it gets on. We've had no trick or treaters and our front door has glass in it, so it wouldn't work

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
31 October 2013
7.04pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 699

fabfouremily said
I'm guessing most of you here celebrate Halloween, so I guess you don't have an answer to my question, but I'll ask anyway. What's the best way to ignore trick or treaters, and not letting them know you're in? I usually go out on this day each year, but here I am tonight, and currently being disturbed my little kids every ten minutes. I don't mind them having some fun, but I don't want to have to stop studying all the time to go and answer the door (only to say we have no sweets or chocolate in).  I've already turned the big lamp off in the study and switched a smaller one on which gives off a dimmer light…. and still they know I'm here.

I think the best (and most polite) way would be to turn off the outdoor lights and put a note inside the door or window saying something like "Sorry, no treats here this year :( Happy Halloween anyway!".

That way you're not *that* person who's pretending not to be home.

E is for 'Ergent'.
31 October 2013
7.06pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Oh no I've never been rude if I have opened the door to them. I'm not like that. I would put a bowl of something out, but like you say, they'd be no bowl there the day after!

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

31 October 2013
7.08pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2973

I'm just sat here in a pair of boxers, and thinking I need to chuck on trousers and a shirt when there's a knock on the door. Three knocks so far, and every time – by the time the shirt and trousers have gone on, so as not to scare the fricking feckers – there's nobody there! Oh! Isn't it a pity! Isn't it a shame!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
31 October 2013
7.09pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

SatanHimself said

fabfouremily said

I think the best (and most polite) way would be to turn off the outdoor lights and put a note inside the door or window saying something like "Sorry, no treats here this year :( Happy Halloween anyway!".

That way you're not *that* person who's pretending not to be home.

Reminds me of a time about 2 years ago I was out trick or treating with 2 friends, we came to one door and you could see the person through the window watching the telly. We rang the doorbell, shouted 'we know you're in there!!' gave them the middle finger and carried on our merry way a-hard-days-night-george-10 If you come to the door and say you don't have sweets, that's fine but when it's blatantly obvious you're there and you refuse to come to the door, you're just a prick

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
31 October 2013
7.09pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said

I dare ya to do it, tell me how it gets on. We've had no trick or treaters and our front door has glass in it, so it wouldn't work

Ours is a thick wooden one, so I'm not sure they'll hear it… :(

Edit: Oy, Katie, don't call me a prick! That's kind of what i'm doing… I have a good reason, though. Exams to study for and lots of essays which I really need to make some progress on! No time for getting up and down, up and down…

31 October 2013
7.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said
I'm just sat here in a pair of boxers, and thinking I need to chuck on trousers and a shirt when there's a knock on the door. Three knocks so far, and every time – by the time the shirt and trousers have gone on, so as not to scare the fricking feckers – there's nobody there! Oh! Isn't it a pity! Isn't it a shame!

The image of Ron Nasty in boxers is so sexy though a-hard-days-night-george-10

31 October 2013
7.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said

Worth a try >:)

31 October 2013
7.18pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said

Edit: Oy, Katie, don't call me a prick! That's kind of what i'm doing… I have a good reason, though. Exams to study for and lots of essays which I really need to make some progress on! No time for getting up and down, up and down…

So long as the trick or treaters, can't see you, you're not a prick a-hard-days-night-george-10

Please don't ban me, oh moderator with special powers

31 October 2013
7.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said

mja6758 said

The imagine of Ron Nasty in boxers is so sexy though a-hard-days-night-george-10

The reality of middle-aged hairy beardy paunchy Ron Nasty in his Lennon specs and boxers isn't though. It'd give the fricking feckers nightmares!

I'm being nice by taking the time to put on trousers and a shirt. Is it my fault they can't be bothered to wait to help themself to the pesticide-coated candies I have waiting for them? I'm making the effort!

31 October 2013
7.28pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1742

mja6758 said

AppleScruffJunior said

mja6758 said

The imagine of Ron Nasty in boxers is so sexy though a-hard-days-night-george-10

The reality of middle-aged hairy beardy paunchy Ron Nasty in his Lennon specs and boxers isn't though. It'd give the fricking feckers nightmares!

I'm being nice by taking the time to put on trousers and a shirt. Is it my fault they can't be bothered to wait to help themself to the pesticide-coated candies I have waiting for them? I'm making the effort!

It might be a frightful sight for the little hob gobblins. a-hard-days-night-george-10

31 October 2013
7.57pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said

AppleScruffJunior said

mja6758 said

The image of Ron Nasty in boxers is so sexy though a-hard-days-night-george-10

I can imagine

31 October 2013
8.03pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4547
31 October 2013
8.06pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

In red boxers and Lennon specs…

31 October 2013
8.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
^^ASJ, thanks for the laugh!!!

You're welcome

mja6758 said
In red boxers and Lennon specs…

If you put on a wonky toupée you could look like my old science teacher

31 October 2013
11.19pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9272

Mja, answer the door in your boxers and you'll be arrested and it will end with being chased out of the town. Not something we want to read about in the papers.

My advice is move to the countryside. None of the little blighters come and knock on the door asking for candy as its miles away; peace and quiet guaranteed pretty much 365 days a year (366 if a leap year).

a-hard-days-night-john-5

Best Halloween song ever

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
1 November 2013
12.31am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1645

Well, no one turned up at our door – now I have this HUGE bowl of goodies to dispose of.

Please be kind to me as I go into a sugar rush and post more than my normal proportion of nonsense here :)

1 November 2013
12.40am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4547

trcanberra said
Well, no one turned up at our door – now I have this HUGE bowl of goodies to dispose of.

Please be kind to me as I go into a sugar rush and post more than my normal proportion of nonsense here :)

We've had 2, and they came together. I gave both of them big hand fulls. Should have given them more. The evil stuff is staring me in the face.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Expert Textpert, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, MrMoonlight, thisbirdhasflown, Bulldog
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9272

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4910

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4547

Zig: 3697

Annadog40: 3650

Mr. Kite: 3282

Ron Nasty: 2973

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2517

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3185

Newest Members: badbartimus, imabeatlemaniac, A Serviceable Villain, rich23, Karolina_

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4547), meanmistermustard (9272), Zig (3697), Joe (3405)

Administrators: Joe (3405), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: callan1967, trcanberra
Upcoming: hermajesty