Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Halloween 2013
14 October 2013
2.29am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 985

Haven't dressed for Halloween in years. 

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
14 October 2013
2.56am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4585

One year I totally forgot it was Halloween. Mom was getting ready for work. She's an RN on the night shift. She asked me to go by Walmart to pick up her prescription. Shortly after she left, the doorbell rang. I opened it and some kids said trick-or-treat. I found a few hard candies in a dish. I gave them that and some dimes. I turned off all the lights and went to Walmart.

We don't get many trick-or-treaters out here in the boondocks. On a good year we will see about 10 kids.

14 October 2013
2.58am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1649

Ahhh Girl said
One year I totally forgot it was Halloween. Mom was getting ready for work. She's an RN on the night shift. She asked me to go by Walmart to pick up her prescription. Shortly after she left, the doorbell rang. I opened it and some kids said trick-or-treat. I found a few hard candies in a dish. I gave them that and some dimes. I turned off all the lights and went to Walmart.

We don't get many trick-or-treaters out here in the boondocks. On a good year we will see about 10 kids.

We get a few – though it is more from people copying US TV shows than a local thing.  I'll have to remember to stock up on a few goodies.

14 October 2013
3.35am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1741

That is something to think about the mask and I didn't even think about the rice. You are always thinking Ahhh Girl. a-hard-days-night-george-10

I live in a suburb and my first year I moved into the neighborhood we had a ton of kids trick or treat. The past two years Halloween has fallen on a school night, so there hasn't been as many kids. I remember back in 2011 there were so few kids that we had Halloween candy for months. It's because of this I don't feel like decorating as much. My first year I went all out, but now I feel like what's the point I am only entertaining myself.

14 October 2013
5.03am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4937

I haven't worn a full costume in years, but I found a witch hat a few years ago and I pull that out every year.

This time I think I'll look for fox ears in honor of the Ylvis video.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

14 October 2013
1.20pm
Ahhh Girl

sky999 said
That is something to think about the mask and I didn't even think about the rice. You are always thinking Ahhh Girl. a-hard-days-night-george-10

I've had people say that "always thinking" is one of my faults in life. I'm trying to learn to loosen up a bit. I think I'm getting some practice by letting my emotions take over a bit in my gushings over a damn fine 71-year-old rock star.  

It is that old philosophical struggle between reason and emotion. Where is that "Fine Line", that proper balance?

14 October 2013
2.54pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 985

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

I've had people say that "always thinking" is one of my faults in life. I'm trying to learn to loosen up a bit. I think I'm getting some practice by letting my emotions take over a bit in my gushings over a damn fine 71-year-old rock star.  

It is that old philosophical struggle between reason and emotion. Where is that "Fine Line", that proper balance?

Let me know if you ever find it, because I've always been so serious and studious (and "always thinking") that people tend to think I'm a downer. I've gotten better at relaxing a bit as I've gotten older, but it's still a struggle for me to not be so straight-faced all the time. It's no wonder every girl I ever dated (and the one I married) has been a emotional free-spirit, because I'm neither emotional nor free-spirited.

Oh yeah, Halloween… again, no costume. My son's going as Jake from the Neverland Pirates TV show I can't stand.

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
14 October 2013
8.18pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

Let me know if you ever find it, because I've always been so serious and studious (and "always thinking") that people tend to think I'm a downer. I've gotten better at relaxing a bit as I've gotten older, but it's still a struggle for me to not be so straight-faced all the time. It's no wonder every girl I ever dated (and the one I married) has been a emotional free-spirit, because I'm neither emotional nor free-spirited.

Oh yeah, Halloween… again, no costume. My son's going as Jake from the Neverland Pirates TV show I can't stand.

Let me know too because I tend to over analyze things too much. Sometimes it is good, but other times you perceive something to be much worse that what it really is. I am glad my husband can balance me out at times even though other times I do not listen because I am too hardheaded. I would probably drive myself insane if I were alone because I would have no one to balance me. In the case of this (the forum), I say it's a good thing you are always thinking, for you always come up interesting and funny material.

14 October 2013
8.34pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

I was just thinking it'd be awesome if someone either got enough fairy lights or glowsticks together on a pink shirt and went as Paul's album cover.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

14 October 2013
8.38pm
Ahhh Girl

Thanks sky999. I'm not a walking, breathing, forum-posting Beatles encyclopedia like some folks on here are, but I will do my best to contribute in any way I can. I'll try to pull my weight and earn the wonderful responses I have receiving to my rudimentary questions.

14 October 2013
8.52pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
Thanks sky999. I'm not a walking, breathing, forum-posting Beatles encyclopedia like some folks on here are, but I will do my best to contribute in any way I can. I'll try to pull my weight and earn the wonderful responses I have receiving to my rudimentary questions.

Welcome

I over think about not being a walking encyclopedia of The Beatles on here at times or worried what others will think; however, the main thing is to have fun and be ourselves. I have been a Beatles fan for almost 10 years yet, I am constantly learning on here. 

14 October 2013
10.35pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

Is anyone going to post pictures?  I will if anyone else does.  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

14 October 2013
10.46pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9308

I got dressed up once years ago but not now. Staying in the country means i get no trick or treaters, thankfully, when young my brothers and I had to go up to the local town and knock on doors.

To all are dressing up/going out/staying in (delete where appropriate) enjoy your night. If you go as John and Yoko you wouldn't need a costume and could provide some easy scares.a-hard-days-night-john-7

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
14 October 2013
11.07pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
I got dressed up once years ago but not now. Staying in the country means i get no trick or treaters, thankfully, when young my brothers and I had to go up to the local town and knock on doors.

To all are dressing up/going out/staying in (delete where appropriate) enjoy your night. If you go as John and Yoko you wouldn't need a costume and could provide some easy scares.a-hard-days-night-john-7

LOL. YIKES!

14 October 2013
11.37pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

I just like not wearing a uniform at work for once.  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

15 October 2013
12.19am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said

Here you go.

Oh, you wanted a photo of me with them?

parlance

15 October 2013
1.04am
meanmistermustard

parlance said

LongHairedLady said

Here you go.

parlance

I hope you don't get hunted by mistake wearing one of those.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
15 October 2013
1.20am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

parlance said

LongHairedLady said

Here you go.

parlance

I hope you get hunted by mistake wearing one of those.

Well, someone's feisty today. I thought everyone loved the fox.  

Edit: Oh, hahaha! I just noticed your edit as "don't get hunted."

parlance

15 October 2013
1.31am
meanmistermustard

parlance said

meanmistermustard said

parlance said

LongHairedLady said

Here you go.

parlance

I hope you get hunted by mistake wearing one of those.

Well, someone's feisty today. I thought everyone loved the fox.

Edit: Oh, hahaha! I just noticed your edit as "don't get hunted."

parlance

Maybe taking John's lead from Revolution and undecided what way to go until the remake. 

I would be happy to hunt some of those who do hunt foxes and see if they like it. Gits.

15 October 2013
12.39pm
BeatleManiacKane
Anywhere, cause I'm free as a bird
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 146

parlance said

LongHairedLady said

Here you go.

parlance

I've just thought about something, bear with me here, I think I could get this to trend

What does the fox say?

Favourite band: The Beatles Favourite song: Yesterday Favourite album: Rubber Soul Favourite member: Paul McCartney Favourite solo career: John Lennon or Paul McCartney Favourite solo career song: John Lennon - God or Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time Favourite songs on albums; Please Please Me: There's A Place/Misery With The Beatles: All My Loving/Please Mr Postman A Hard Day's Night: If I Fell/And I Love Her Beatles For Sale: No Reply/I'll Follow The Sun Help!: Yesterday/I've Just Seen A Face Rubber Soul: In My Life/Drive My Car/The Word Revolver: She Said She Said/Here There And Everywhere Sgt Pepper: Sgt Pepper/She's Leaving Home Magical Mystery Tour: Your Mother Should Know/All You Need Is Love White Album: Dear Prudence/Happiness Is A Warm Gun/Cry Baby Cry Let It Be: Across The Universe/Get Back Abbey Road: Come Together/Here Comes The Sun :)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, StrawberryFieldsForever
54 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9308

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4937

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4585

Zig: 3749

Annadog40: 3684

Mr. Kite: 3319

Ron Nasty: 2972

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2524

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3173

Newest Members: SaxonMothersSon, HAWAIIBEATLESFAN, all8daysaweek, batbear, mal evans

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4585), meanmistermustard (9308), Zig (3749), Joe (3417)

Administrators: Joe (3417), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Filipe