George interview December 1974 - where he is joined by John! | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

George interview December 1974 - where he is joined by John!
22 September 2013
12.36pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3034

Wow! This is George being interviewed by Radio KHJ 930 AM broadcast on 21 December 1974. Part One is just George. Part Two though, John has turned up and joins in. This must be the last occasion when the two were interviewed together.

This is the joy of being a Beatles fan, and the interweb – you think you have a rough idea of things, and then something turns up that you had no idea existed. A fecking radio interview with George and John in 1974!

Can you imagine the face of the interviewer? Probably very happy he's got an interview with George, and then John turns up for the last few minutes of the interview.

I was trying to think where to put this, and there are threads it could have happily have sat in (the John-George post-Beatles relationship being a good one), but I thought this deserves its own in the end. I didn't want it getting lost.

Enjoy!

Part One: George

Part Two: George and John

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
22 September 2013
2.24pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

Oh I found this a few months back. I don't know if I posted it, I certainly meant to.

It's great to listen to it again, thanks. :D

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 September 2013
7.34pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9774

The one with John was posted in the thread that looked at John and George's relation post-beatles (looks like it got lost). Its a very cool find and always worth a listen.

Makes you wonder not only what is out there that we haven't yet came across but also what's in the vaults or collector's closed hands.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
22 September 2013
8.13pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3034

As what we're hearing is the edited radio broadcast, doesn't the raw tape – recorded on whatever night it was recorded – become one of the great lost tapes? I very much doubt that everything recorded that night ended up in the broadcast. I would love to hear that tape!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
22 September 2013
8.39pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9774

I'd love to hear and see more of the Anthology moments when all three were together and reminiscing. Its such a shame that drugs and drink were so heavily consumed when John and Paul were together on that '74 tape. Maybe something sober from John and Paul were together in the mid-70's is out there.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
42 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9774

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5109

Ahhh Girl: 4963

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4163

Zig: 4100

Mr. Kite: 3696

Ron Nasty: 3034

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2595

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3160

Newest Members: Nereus, Mazza, AllMyLoving, KenO, mrneil2

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4963), meanmistermustard (9774), Zig (4100), Joe (3452)

Administrators: Joe (3452), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None