DRUGS! | Page 2 | Fab Forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —





— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

DRUGS!
No permission to create posts
8 June 2010
8.49am
sevenlevels
A town in Colorado
The Kaiserkeller
Forum Posts: 50
Member Since:
5 April 2010
Offline

c64wood said:

I was only a recreational user of pot/hash between 13 and 22 years old.  The kids in the neighborhood where I grew up got into heavier stuff and I saw how their lives were pretty much screwed up, so i stayed away.

I did not smoke because the Beatles or anyone else did.  I did it for me.  It was nice and I enjoyed it, but I'm past it now.

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15


 

I imagine that will be the extent of my drug use too. I have absolutely no interest in anything heavier than pot. I figure I'll do it as long as it's fun and it doesn't get in the way of living my life well.

By the way, it's good to know this stuff isn't complete taboo here. Some interesting stories...a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I now declare this bridge open!
8 June 2010
11.15am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 4026
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline

There was a time when I was younger when I didn't know anyone who didn't take drugs in some form. Now it's pretty much the opposite. Or at least nobody really talks about it. Maybe that's a sign of getting older.

I work in the media which has a reputation for being full of cokeheads, but in honesty I don't see it all that often. I'm pretty sure random drug tests would be unenforceable if they tried to introduce them here though - people wouldn't put up with it and the unions would have a field day.

When I was a teenager there was said to be a cottage in the countryside near my hometown which was being used as an LSD factory, which meant there was a ready availability of acid for a couple of years until it was discovered by police. Soon after that I went to university and didn't know any dealers, so I largely gave up taking anything.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

8 June 2010
3.41pm
MadiYasha
Granite Falls, WA
Abbey Road
Forum Posts: 99
Member Since:
11 February 2010
Offline

I imagine everyone in my state to be at least regulars when it comes to cannabis.  It's just customary that they don't talk about it when they're adults... same for anything else.  You just grow out of needing to tell people.  When you're young and everything's new it's exciting and you want to brag about being that much more involved in the world (or rather, detached and in a world of your own...) but once you get older it's just another part of life.

 

So those of you who say you don't know someone... you probably do.  It's just a hush-hush topic. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

"I'd like to end up sort of unforgettable."
8 June 2010
5.07pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2790
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline

MadiYashi's story is pretty shocking indeed. What kind of sick bastard doses a 7-year old for chrissakes?! That's even worse than giving it to a dog or cat.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
8 June 2010
5.19pm
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
Offline

GnikNus said:  

Well luckily in the States they have a synthetic version that you can buy at most herbal shops called K2 that has gotten me quite stoned on a number of occasions.


 

Oh really? A synthetic version? Hmmmm....I will have to look into this.a-hard-days-night-john-3

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
9 June 2010
10.19am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 4026
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the drugs or religion thread. I was browsing my web stats and saw that this site was referring users: http://forum.grasscity.com/spi.....dudes.html

Pretty glad I don't smoke weed.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

9 June 2010
10.27am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 894
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about drugs. Obviously, growing up being told how bad it is makes you a bit cautious, and I don't plan on trying LSD. I might eventually try marijuana, but I'm not sure. A lot of people are talking about having tried drugs at about 13, and that seems really weird to me. I don't know ANYONE that's done drugs (well, that is, anyone at school), especially not in my year. I suppose it depends on where you grow up. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
9 June 2010
2.45pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2790
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline

LOL at you calling yourself "Paul McCartney" when you haven't even smoked pot!a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

 

But that's cool; don't let anybody make up your mind for you. At the very least, kids should probably avoid 'em until they approach the legal drinking age or thereabouts.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
9 June 2010
3.41pm
MadiYasha
Granite Falls, WA
Abbey Road
Forum Posts: 99
Member Since:
11 February 2010
Offline

Paul McCartney said:

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about drugs. Obviously, growing up being told how bad it is makes you a bit cautious, and I don't plan on trying LSD. I might eventually try marijuana, but I'm not sure. A lot of people are talking about having tried drugs at about 13, and that seems really weird to me. I don't know ANYONE that's done drugs (well, that is, anyone at school), especially not in my year. I suppose it depends on where you grow up. a-hard-days-night-paul-7


 

From what I heard it's like taboo over in the south... I'm in the northwest and it's just a normal thing here.  No one says anything about it but we all know.

"I'd like to end up sort of unforgettable."
9 June 2010
5.20pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2274
Member Since:
12 November 2009
Offline

Joe said:

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the drugs or religion thread. I was browsing my web stats and saw that this site was referring users: http://forum.grasscity.com/spi.....dudes.html

Pretty glad I don't smoke weed.


 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-11I think I lost some IQ points reading those posts.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
9 June 2010
5.48pm
RonnieRIG
The Mitten State!
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 71
Member Since:
14 February 2010
Offline

I smoked weed quite a bit when I was a teenager. I won't do it again though. The last time I did I freaked out over paranoia. 

As for you who want to try it. Don't make a big thing out of it, and don't seek it out. Just do it when the time is right – and be smart. Don't go around driving!

9 June 2010
10.33pm
sevenlevels
A town in Colorado
The Kaiserkeller
Forum Posts: 50
Member Since:
5 April 2010
Offline

Joe said:

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the drugs or religion thread. I was browsing my web stats and saw that this site was referring users: http://forum.grasscity.com/spi.....dudes.html

Pretty glad I don't smoke weed.


 

They're so deep...a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Good advice Ronnie. I may give it a go at some point, but I think for now I'll just leave it alone.

I now declare this bridge open!
9 June 2010
11.30pm
Celebrated_Mr_K
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 155
Member Since:
17 March 2010
Offline

The hysteria that caused so many narcotics to be made illegal (at least in the USA) was largely racially motivated.

Cocaine, for example, was recreationally used for a long time by persons in high places.  Even Pope Leo XIII indulged in cocaine.  And the narcotic was the basis for Coca-Cola back before it was criminalized.

The pious creeps that dominate my country got "experts" to testify in the early 20th Century that most of the attacks on white women by black men were due to cocaine-fueled frenzy.  Shortly after, in 1914, cocaine was made illegal in the USA.

Not long after that, the same people started pointing fingers at blacks for "reefer madness."  This continued through the 50s and 60s...the 50s beatniks and the 60s hippies were seen as straying from the White Way by the lure of pot which they got from blacks.

Certainly some dangerous drugs, like PCP and heroin, should be illegal.  But by and large, many should be made legal, regulated, and taxed.  The incredible sums of money wasted on drug law enforcement simply do not pass the reasonableness test.

9 June 2010
11.35pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1332
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

The hysteria that caused so many narcotics to be made illegal (at least in the USA) was largely racially motivated.

Cocaine, for example, was recreationally used for a long time by persons in high places.  Even Pope Leo XIII indulged in cocaine.  And the narcotic was the basis for Coca-Cola back before it was criminalized.

The pious creeps that dominate my country got "experts" to testify in the early 20th Century that most of the attacks on white women by black men were due to cocaine-fueled frenzy.  Shortly after, in 1914, cocaine was made illegal in the USA.

Not long after that, the same people started pointing fingers at blacks for "reefer madness."  This continued through the 50s and 60s...the 50s beatniks and the 60s hippies were seen as straying from the White Way by the lure of pot which they got from blacks.

Certainly some dangerous drugs, like PCP and heroin, should be illegal.  But by and large, many should be made legal, regulated, and taxed.  The incredible sums of money wasted on drug law enforcement simply do not pass the reasonableness test.


 

Great post. Plus I know that legalizing pot would certainly help the US economy.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
9 June 2010
11.41pm
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
Offline

MadiYasha said:  

From what I heard it's like taboo over in the south...


 

EXTREMELY TABOO!

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
9 June 2010
11.49pm
Celebrated_Mr_K
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 155
Member Since:
17 March 2010
Offline

Hallucinogenic drugs have been used as religious sacraments for thousands of years.  Peyote stashes have been found dating to 7000 years ago.

John, Paul, George and Ringo were simply carrying on an ages-old religious tradition. 

10 June 2010
7.15am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 894
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline

Von Bontee said:

LOL at you calling yourself "Paul McCartney" when you haven't even smoked pot!a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

 

But that's cool; don't let anybody make up your mind for you. At the very least, kids should probably avoid 'em until they approach the legal drinking age or thereabouts.


LOL

I never thought of that, ahaha. I want to change my name, but I'm not sure what to change it to... 

 

Also, I'm pretty sure that website made me lose brain cells

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
10 June 2010
5.42pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 6257
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

Certainly some dangerous drugs, like PCP and heroin, should be illegal.  But by and large, many should be made legal, regulated, and taxed.  The incredible sums of money wasted on drug law enforcement simply do not pass the reasonableness test.


No problem with legalizing pot - can't think of a single person who ever got arrested trying to steal Twinkies. 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

10 June 2010
8.14pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2274
Member Since:
12 November 2009
Offline

A guy came to my American history class in high school to talk about the "evils" of pot. If I remember correctly, he was caught doing something like that. All I remember is that one of my classmates was annoyed by my laughter. But whatever, it was hilarious.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
10 June 2010
8.29pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 6257
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

Do you mean he was caught stealing Twinkies?!?

Too funny.a-hard-days-night-george-9

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Ron Nasty, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Annadog40, Silly Girl, P3pperish, The Faul On The Hill
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 14137

Ahhh Girl: 8764

Annadog40: 7749

parlance: 7085

mr. Sun king coming together: 6949

Zig: 6257

Mr. Kite: 5991

mithveaen: 4633

Ron Nasty: 4139

trcanberra: 3960

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 3239

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3462

Posts: 176211

Newest Members: hucko, iillwiglonn, TMK1966, tutsmar, Lindalouise121959

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 8764, meanmistermustard: 14137, Zig: 6257, Joe: 4026

Administrators: Joe: 4026, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Annie Music