Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
5 May 2016
4.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

While at the doctor’s office this afternoon, I looked down at the floor, saw the tag/plate base of the spinal column replica and and had this Beatley moment.

mpl.JPGImage Enlarger

The picture is kinda fuzzy.
mpl2.JPGImage Enlarger

Anyone want to go hang out in Soho Square?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Into the Sky with Diamonds, Necko
5 May 2016
6.57pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4022sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was in my friend’s dorm yesterday and her roommate has a guitar that she wrote on. It says “Beatles pls” and has lyrics to She Loves You on it. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Beatlebug

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

6 May 2016
7.10pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4023sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching some slideshow yesterday, and it played The Long And Winding Road in the background. Also, someone randomly started singing Help . I’m still unsure why, but hey, 2 Beatley moments in the same 5 (?) minutes

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

Ahhh Girl
7 May 2016
12.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4024sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was at a book/LP market that takes place in my town every year on the 5th of May. Spotted quite a few Beatles books, actually. Also spotted a few LPs, which is rare. Usually at this market there are only country LPs, schlager stuff and very bad or cheesy stuff. 

Anyway, I came across this Help ! LP, with the Shell logo in the background behind the Beatles, this one:
Image Enlarger

The woman who sold it told us a bit about it, how there were only about 2000 pressings of it, pressed for a special Shell campaign, and how they were only handed out to Shell Oil distributors and store managers, at some meeting at the end of the 70s. 

I had never heard of it, so I doubted how genuine it was, but I just googled it. Oh well, it was interesting and I didn’t have the money anyway. Kind of cool though.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Zig
7 May 2016
4.26pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4025sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

3. Coo-coo-ca-choo.
Unless “homeboy” was Paul McCartney , best not to go on a second outing with this one.

From this article
Kind of bothers me how some people think it’s coo-coo-ca-choo, though, because it is obvi goo-goo-g’joobpaul-mccartney

8 May 2016
12.56am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
4026sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Was at a book/LP market that takes place in my town every year on the 5th of May. Spotted quite a few Beatles books, actually. Also spotted a few LPs, which is rare. Usually at this market there are only country LPs, schlager stuff and very bad or cheesy stuff. 

Anyway, I came across this Help ! LP, with the Shell logo in the background behind the Beatles, this one:
Image Enlarger

The woman who sold it told us a bit about it, how there were only about 2000 pressings of it, pressed for a special Shell campaign, and how they were only handed out to Shell Oil distributors and store managers, at some meeting at the end of the 70s. 

I had never heard of it, so I doubted how genuine it was, but I just googled it. Oh well, it was interesting and I didn’t have the money anyway. Kind of cool though.

I think I’ve seen one or two of those for sale before…

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

8 May 2016
12.02pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Image Enlarger

Very cool. a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I should start looking harder for one of those so I can add it to my collection! a-hard-days-night-george-9

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

8 May 2016
1.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

The Declaration of Independence and the Consttution are grand, but I really enjoyed seeing this letter. In the National Archives.

20160508_122517.jpgImage Enlarger

We the people want The Beatles!

9 May 2016
4.27pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
4029sp_Permalink sp_Print

At a music store, they were playing Penny Lane . A little kid (probably 8 or 9) asked “Who sings this song? They’re really good!”. Didn’t take too long for the response to be “Paul McCartney a-hard-days-night-paul-5

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

Ahhh Girl
9 May 2016
8.48pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
4030sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a Beatley Moment yesterday when I saw a bunch of different stuff for sale at the flea market. 

Among the thingies was George Harrison money. ahdn_george_08

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

KaleidoscopeMusic

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

10 May 2016
3.25pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
4031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday , I went into the music store and the guy at the front desk was wearing an Abbey Road shirt. And today, in English class, we were looking at examples of introductory paragraphs of a common theme we’re doing (not sure if anyone else learned about themes, which are very annoying in my opinion) had to do with love, and one of the examples included the title “All You Need Is Love ” and one of the sentences was like “There are lots of things that money can’t buy. One of these is love”. So, I’ve been having an interesting amount of Beatley moments than usual, which usually happens every Now And Then

10 May 2016
8.44pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
4032sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had another two Beatley Moments today. 

The first was when I was in math class and one of the equations involved the fraction m over 3. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The second one was when I was checking out the clothing store on my lovely BeatleZeppelin island. I swiftly noticed a hippie outfit and a very interesting description…

“What you wore is over, if you want it. Give this piece a chance.” a-hard-days-night-john-1

Ahhh Girl, natureaker

10 May 2016
9.08pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4033sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got to see the Lennon statue in Hard Rock Cafe in Washington, DC. My picture is turning out sideways. I’ll post it upright when I have more time.

And a portrait of The Beatles.

Beatles-portrait-in-HRC-Washington-DC.JPGImage Enlarger

Beatles-picture-description.JPGImage Enlarger

Does anyone have any more information about this portrait? The HRC staff person who walked me around to see all their Beatles stuff said that his portrait is their pride and joy.

And the DJ played Revolution 1 for me. 🙂

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, Midori78, natureaker, KaleidoscopeMusic
11 May 2016
11.04am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4034sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m at a car dealership and they are playing Another Day ? Yeah, I guess so. 

11 May 2016
8.15pm
Midori78
USA
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 337

I’d say I’ve had several Beatley moments, and I credit a mash-up song from The Beatles: Rock Band with sparking this whole chain reaction a couple months ago. I suppose it all kinda went like this:

I happened to hear a song at work over the radio, that sounded rather unique. I always wondered who wrote it. It had a sitar in it. It was lovely.

Happened to purchase The Beatles: Rock Band due to being curious about the music, and it had very good reviews, and I had a Wii at the time so I could run it. Turns out “Within You Without You ” was the song I heard at work, although it was instrumental of course –  and a mashup of that song and “Tomorrow Never Knows ” shows up on Rock Band, I play it, and a light bulb went off. I start looking up info. It made me very happy that George Harrison was getting some love.

Subsequently I have heard several other Beatles songs (also instrumental versions) including but not limited to: If I Fell , It’s Only Love , Yesterday , Penny Lane , I’ll Follow The Sun , and a few others. I think it started shortly after news of George Martin’s passing. Coincidence?

I always smile when I hear their music come on at work. They seem to play the lesser-known stuff too, which is great. I dare say the melodies translate into “elevator music territory” quite beautifully. My co-workers must think I’m a bit nuts XD

Fast forward a month and a half or so later, I got over 200 of their songs in my library, I swap over to a PS3 so I could get the DLC for the Rock Band game, I got a plush Yellow Submarine on my bed, I’m drawing again, and next month I’m going to a Ringo Starr concert…..*Squeee*!

So, thank you, to my place of work, for starting Beatlemania 2016 beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Midori78 for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

To be or not to be, I don't care
The question is, Are you alive out there?
It don't take brains, Just heart and soul
I think, therefore I rock 'n roll.

11 May 2016
8.22pm
Midori78
USA
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 337
4036sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I got to see the Lennon statue in Hard Rock Cafe in Washington, DC. My picture is turning out sideways. I’ll post it upright when I have more time.

And a portrait of The Beatles.

Beatles-portrait-in-HRC-Washington-DC.JPGImage Enlarger

Beatles-picture-description.JPGImage Enlarger

Does anyone have any more information about this portrait? The HRC staff person who walked me around to see all their Beatles stuff said that his portrait is their pride and joy.

And the DJ played Revolution 1 for me. 🙂  

That painting. I’m in awe. *_*

The following people thank Midori78 for this post:

Ahhh Girl

To be or not to be, I don't care
The question is, Are you alive out there?
It don't take brains, Just heart and soul
I think, therefore I rock 'n roll.

12 May 2016
6.40pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4037sp_Permalink sp_Print

At the bagel shop at my school the back of the shirts of the people who work there say “Happiness is a warm bagel”

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Midori78, KaleidoscopeMusic, Eleanor Macca

14 May 2016
8.52pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
4038sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was at a grocery store today and thought a container that said pepperoni on it said pepperland instead. ahdn_paul_01

Annnd then I immediately thought of you @pepperland !

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, natureaker, Necko, pepperland

14 May 2016
9.02pm
KaleidoscopeMusic
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481
4039sp_Permalink sp_Print

Heard this second-hand from a guy at a car dealership (who told someone that told me) that MET PAUL  MCCARTNEY in 1979, not once but twice. Apparently he came into his shop because he needed a part and the man did not believe it until he left (no comment). A few weeks later, his own car broke down and he went into Paul’s house. The gentleman that he is, Paul let him use the phone. 

In a café I visited, one of the salad options is “Strawberry Fields.” Also, I swear they are playing more Beatles solo songs where I work. It’s so weird….

The following people thank KaleidoscopeMusic for this post:

Beatlebug, natureaker

Only music can save us.

14 May 2016
9.05pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

WeepyACs quoth 

Was at a grocery store today and thought a container that said pepperoni on it said pepperland instead. ?

Annnd then I immediately thought of you @pepperland !

I called him Thanks For The Pepperlandi wonsaponatime… or twice… I’m not too shuah. a-hard-days-night-george-4

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Necko

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694