Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
2 February 2015
9.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3281sp_Permalink sp_Print

9-dream.jpgImage Enlarger

I was just at a lecture. This slide happened. I asked the presenter if he is a John Lennon fan. He didn’t realize what he had done. He ended his comments with “Whatever gets you through the night”.

2 February 2015
11.37pm
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542

I was in AP World History today and we were talking about the Macartney mission and the Opium Wars and I couldnt help but making Beatles references such as the Macartney mission was the British telling the Chinese “You Never Give Me Your Money ” but then told the Chinese to turn off their minds relax and float upstream.

In related news, a third person has said my hair looks Beatleya-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite, Beatlebug

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

5 February 2015
1.26am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

The things you notice, no idea how i found this but, Taylor Swift’s t-shirt was instantly eye-catching for what was on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..gBzUQWe_vk

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2015
1.36am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3284sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 I have a shirt like that except it is black and is an xx large so I use it as PJs

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

5 February 2015
2.38am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3285sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was an Abbey Road Beatles poster at Walmart. I left the flipper display thing open to where that poster was showing. Maybe I created a Beatley moment for someone who walked by there tonight.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

thisbirdhasflown, Beatlebug
5 February 2015
1.52pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
3286sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

There was an Abbey Road Beatles poster at Walmart. I left the flipper display thing open to where that poster was showing. Maybe I created a Beatley moment for someone who walked by there tonight.

Any store where I see one of those things I always try and open it to a Beatles poster. Gotta improve the world!

Beatley moment: Same restaurant I’ve mentioned about a million times upthread, was eating dinner and Got To Get You Into My Life came on. It makes me so happy that I hear a Beatles/solo song almost every time I go.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

5 February 2015
2.04pm
LittleBeatlemaniac
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 206

I was watching T.V. with my mother, it was some cooking show and the guy was making breakfast or something and then he’s like “I’m going to call this Yolko Ono.” And then he said, “Now let’s move on to the homemade patty.” And I was just laughing so hard! My mother didn’t get it.

@mr-kite Wish you could make a homemade Pattie?

The following people thank LittleBeatlemaniac for this post:

Mr. Kite, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” - John Lennon.

5 February 2015
2.06pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147

Well, this guy wants a homemade John!

Edit: Yolko Ono.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

LittleBeatlemaniac, thisbirdhasflown

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

5 February 2015
4.45pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
3289sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kevin and Bean, the morning radio show I listen to, are talking about FourFive Seconds and one of their regulars is calling in with his goofy impression of Rhianna to talk about the song.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

9 February 2015
2.51pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
3290sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to Jimmy John’s for sandwiches with my wife last night. I was wearing a white Beatles T-shirt. The guy behind the counter was playing Beatles songs. Usually there is a mix of different artists, but this guy was just playing all Beatles. He was singing along while making sandwiches, and occasionally going into the back to skip to a song he liked better. He played Twist And Shout twice. I told him I guessed I was wearing the right shirt. He gave me an enthusiastic “Yeahhh!” He looked to be about 18.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Ahhh Girl, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, thisbirdhasflown, Mr. Kite, Beatlebug

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

9 February 2015
2.57pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3291sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

I went to Jimmy John’s for sandwiches with my wife last night. I was wearing a white Beatles T-shirt. The guy behind the counter was playing Beatles songs. Usually there is a mix of different artists, but this guy was just playing all Beatles. He was singing along while making sandwiches, and occasionally going into the back to skip to a song he liked better. He played Twist And Shout twice. I told him I guessed I was wearing the right shirt. He gave me an enthusiastic “Yeahhh!” He looked to be about 18.

Find out his schedule!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Expert Textpert, parlance, thisbirdhasflown
12 February 2015
3.16am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3292sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching American Idol and it is group week and one of the options for songs they had was With A Little Help From My Friends and two groups sang it.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 February 2015
2.49am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
3293sp_Permalink sp_Print

Golf commentator Peter Alliss talking on the BBC about Tiger Woods being rubbish nowadays.

“You never know he might find a guru somewhere. Tiger might go to India like the Beatles and discover something magical”

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 February 2015
3.07am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3294sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
I was watching American Idol and it is group week and one of the options for songs they had was With A Little Help From My Friends and two groups sang it.

This episode it was Across The Universe

14 February 2015
3.19am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3295sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my friends got married tonight, and the music for the ceremony and the wedding vows were Beatle-themed. Each verse in their vows ended with ” Here, There And Everywhere ,” and they went down the aisle to Yesterday .

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

15 February 2015
2.06pm
chrisredditch
Redditch
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 224

parlance said
One of my friends got married tonight, and the music for the ceremony and the wedding vows were Beatle-themed. Each verse in their vows ended with ” Here, There And Everywhere ,” and they went down the aisle to Yesterday .

parlance

Kudos to your friends but “Yesterday ” as a wedding song! The line about troubles “now it looks as though they’re here to stay” tells me no.

I Will ” would have fitted a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank chrisredditch for this post:

Beatlebug

The Beatles are English - They have influences from all over - but they are English

15 February 2015
2.31pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3297sp_Permalink sp_Print

chrisredditch said

parlance said

parlance

Kudos to your friends but “Yesterday ” as a wedding song! The line about troubles “now it looks as though they’re here to stay” tells me no.

I Will ” would have fitted a-hard-days-night-paul-8

I thought the same, but I think they just love the song. As an instrumental, it’s romantic.

parlance

16 February 2015
6.27pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
3298sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

There’s one in the flipper display at my local Walmart too. Now that I think about it I should do what you do and leave it open to the Abbey Road poster. As opposed to constantly seeing “Frozen” posters in that thing.

Also, I was in a music store and a musician I knew from seeing him at a performance was in there. He and his father were getting his father’s Hofner fixed. (Him and his father have matching Hofners. The son is left handed like me but his father is right handed). I told him how much I liked his Hofner and he told me he was a Beatles fan. He played a clip on his phone of Paul playing “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da” during his sold out concert at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse and they were about a few hundred yards from the stage! Also at that moment, “When I’m Sixty Four” came on the radio, and I noticed the guitar shop owner had a clock based on a “Beatles at Shea Stadium” poster. It was pretty cool.

The following people thank thisbirdhasflown for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

16 February 2015
11.52pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3299sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooh! I have one!!!! 

My little sister and I were listening to Rubber Soul and we had got into a bit of a bother over something, as we often do. I had paused the music to make room for our quarrel; we fussed, we apologised, I hit the play button and just then John sang, “She’s the kind of girl you want so much it makes you sorry…” 

We laughed our Beatley heads off. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

parlance, thisbirdhasflown, Zig

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

17 February 2015
7.45pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

This is one my hockey fanatic brethren may identify with – I’m looking at you @Von Bontee and @IveJustSeenAFaceo . a-hard-days-night-john-3 Sorry if I missed anyone.

During a stoppage in play of NHL hockey games, a song will play over the PA system up until the puck drops again. I always listen for Beatles songs. Last night during the Rangers/Islanders game I heard snippets of ‘I Saw Her Standing There ‘ and John’s ‘Whatever Gets You Thru The Night ‘.

Editing this post in favor of double posting:

In the office, I just overheard someone talking to a client: “I tried talking to her about it, but she doesn’t have a lot to say“. a-hard-days-night-paul-5

The following people thank Zig for this post:

thisbirdhasflown, Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691