Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
6 November 2014
8.55pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Number 9 curse of John Lennon .

Doomed To Die 13 Most Shocking Hollywood Curses P…:

7 November 2014
12.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

My grandma always has this local radiostation on which plays a lot of schlager and Dutch music, but sometimes a few classics too. First Eleanor Rigby came on, and then two hours later When I’m Sixty-Four came on. So that was cool.

9 November 2014
10.05am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
3183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday we had this event at school (yes on a Saturdaya-hard-days-night-john-4) and each class had to perform, usually a dance. And one class did… Ob-la-di Ob-la-da! I was very pleasantly surprised and it wasn’t even a stupid remix, it was the actual song! I now hope that these kids will look up more Beatles songs and start liking them. a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

Ahhh Girl
9 November 2014
4.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Last weeks episode of ‘Only Connect’ (by far the best quiz on TV) falls into this bracket. Its from round two where you need to work out whats fourth in the sequence (you have to be exact with your given answer). If you get it from the first in the sequence you get 5 points, the second you get 3 points, the third two points and if from the fourth one point. The second and third are in the spoilers as is the fourth and the answer.

First 

Pipes Of Peace

(= 1)

Second

Third

Fourth & Answer

She Loves You /Hey Jude /Any Beatles UK #1.

(= 4)

Answer

Paul McCartney UK #1’s and the number of people involved. So ‘Pipes Of Peace ‘ was just Paul, ‘Ebony And Ivory ‘ was a duet with Stevie Wonder, only three folk were in Wings with ‘Mull Of Kintyre ‘ (Paul, Linda and Denny Laine), and the Beatles were four.

[spoiler].

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 November 2014
6.37pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3185sp_Permalink sp_Print

^

I recently read an article about how Paul has set a record because of that (I’m saying ”that” because I don’t want to spoil the question)

10 November 2014
9.46pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3186sp_Permalink sp_Print

A few Beatley and Forumy moments while on vacation…

Day 1 – While spending the day in NYC, I couldn’t stop thinking about @AppleScruffJunior because the day had an Irish theme. We toured St. Patrick’s Cathedral (magnificent!), had lunch in one Irish Pub and a drink later in the day at another. In both Pubs, every server/bartender was from Ireland. The accents were wonderful.
Day 2 – Went downstairs for breakfast and was treated to ‘Yesterday ‘ being played in the lobby. Shortly after, we boarded the shuttle bus taking us from the hotel to the ship. I saw a business name painted on a store window that featured the word DYNASTY. From my vantage point, thanks to a well placed traffic signal, all I could see was NASTY. So naturally, @Ron Nasty sprang to mind.
Day 3 – While strolling through the ship, we decided to stop and quench our thirst at a little bar where a guy was playing guitar and singing. The very next songs he played were ‘A Day In The Life ‘ and ‘Strawberry Fields Forever ‘. A few songs later, he picked up the pace and was playing fast songs. We noticed a couple behind us kicking up their heals and whooping it up. The husband started shouting, “faster man, faster!”. Yep, he was from Ireland. Full of fun, to be sure.
Day 4 – Our first port was in Florida. We took a shuttle bus to Sea World in Orlando and one of the shows there was called Pets Ahoy!. It was a very funny show that featured animals of all sorts that were rescued from various shelters throughout the area and trained by staffers from the park. The opening song to the show was ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘. And yes, we saw a walrus at Sea World as well.
Day 5 – During our first day in The Bahamas, we got back to the ship and were enjoying a pre dinner cocktail up on deck, admiring the views. Off in the distance, we saw a huge private yacht cruising the waters. I mentioned to Zag that if we won the lottery (pipe dream alert!) I would love to own one just like it. Minutes later, it passed by us. It was all white and named “Imagine …”. I shit you not.
Day 6 – My birthday!! After a lovely day on land, we came back to the boat. Wondering what to do before dinner, we decided to (any guesses?) have a drink. No less than 30 seconds after sitting down, a Beatles Song Trivia contest started up. The DJ would play an instrumental snippet of a song and you had to guess which one it was. Even though I did not enter, I knew every one. The people sitting around me kept saying, “you should have entered”. I kept replying, “I would have been cheating”.

I can’t recall any from the next 3 days, but that was enough to last a while.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, parlance, Mr. Kite, Beatleva, AppleScruffJunior

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

10 November 2014
9.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like Zag and yourself had a fantastic time @Zig, glad to hear it. You should so have entered that competition, you’ve have won at a canter – and its not cheating as you didnt see the answers, you knew them.

Happy to be back home? How is the home settling going?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 November 2014
10.45pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
3188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was Zog happy to see you?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig
11 November 2014
3.15am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
3189sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree, you should’ve entered. You rightfully acquired your Beatley knowledge so it wouldn’t’ve been cheating!

Well, seems like you had a lovely birthday trip! I’m sure you deserved it greatly. ahdn_ringo_09

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Zig

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

11 November 2014
4.38pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3190sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Sounds like Zag and yourself had a fantastic time @Zig, glad to hear it. You should so have entered that competition, you’ve have won at a canter – and its not cheating as you didnt see the answers, you knew them.

Happy to be back home? How is the home settling going?

We did have a good time, thanks. However, I don’t think we will be cruising again anytime soon. We discovered we are much happier on land, free to move about, than we are being practically held hostage on a ship. Too many days at sea trying to elbow your way through 5,998 other people. No exaggeration, it was a full ship with a total of 6,000 people on board including many many children…running, screaming, crying children. No place to hide from the running, screaming, crying children.paul-mccartney

Ahhh Girl said

Was Zog happy to see you?

All three of us were incredibly happy to be together again. When we walked through the front door, there was a minutes long, tearful group hug!a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Mr. Kite said

I agree, you should’ve entered. You rightfully acquired your Beatley knowledge so it wouldn’t’ve been cheating!

Well, seems like you had a lovely birthday trip! I’m sure you deserved it greatly.

We certainly did. It has been a very hectic year. We moved to a new state, started new jobs, Zog was attacked by pit bulls back in February, Zag broke her arm, we were busy house hunting and susequently moving into a new house…a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

It was nice to be pampered for a change, even though we had to dodge the running, screaming, crying children. No place to hide from the running, screaming, crying children.paul-mccartney

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

11 November 2014
7.15pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3191sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s bad enough being stuck in a cafe with screaming kids who run around, can’t imagine how bad it therefore must when stuck on a ship.

Having said that feel free @Zig to send me the tickets for your next cruise around Barbabos. I’m willing to try my luck.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig

13 November 2014
7.23am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
3192sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my favorite bands, Tears for Fears, is on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight. Here’s a fan video of one of their songs, “Secret World.” During the live version, Roland Orzabal always sticks in a nod to “Let ‘Em In” around 1:50:

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Zig, Mr. Kite

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

13 November 2014
11.30pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
3193sp_Permalink sp_Print

A sad story out of California: a father singing “Blackbird” to his dying, newborn son named, Lennon. 

14 November 2014
9.08pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brooklyn Nine-Nine this week had a Wings joke six minutes in, “The band or the food?”

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

14 November 2014
9.14pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
3195sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was watching a bunch of those “Celebrities read mean tweets” segments from Jimmy Kimmel last night on Youtube.  There’s one with Tenacious D where somdoby tweeted “You guys are like Lennon and McCartney, only gayer and fatter”.  a-hard-days-night-paul-5a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

meanmistermustard

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

18 November 2014
3.39am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Was watching this video of rehearsal footage of Stevie Wonder, Pharrell, Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk performing “Get Lucky,” at the Grammys because “Another Star” is my favorite SW song. And lo and behold, as a bonus there’s a Paul sighting around minute 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..scigB4WtvA

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Mr. Kite

18 November 2014
11.27am
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
3197sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
Was watching a bunch of those “Celebrities read mean tweets” segments from Jimmy Kimmel last night on Youtube.  There’s one with Tenacious D where somdoby tweeted “You guys are like Lennon and McCartney, only gayer and fatter”.  a-hard-days-night-paul-5a-hard-days-night-john-1

They might be fatter, LHL, but nobody could be gayer than the depiction of Lennon and McCartney you recently posted in Fifty Shades a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

parlance

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

21 November 2014
5.14pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
3198sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is a Beatley moment hanging by a thread but…

I was watching a movie The Broadway Melody of 1938 and noticed that none other than Sophie Tucker was in it.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

21 November 2014
5.47pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
3199sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Was watching this video of rehearsal footage of Stevie Wonder, Pharrell, Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk performing “Get Lucky,” at the Grammys because “Another Star” is my favorite SW song. And lo and behold, as a bonus there’s a Paul sighting around minute 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..scigB4WtvA

parlance

With a sighting of Ringo and Nancy’s seats!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

parlance, Matt Busby

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

26 November 2014
5.58pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3200sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was in Glasgow yesterday where a street performer (aka busker) started singing ‘Real Love ‘. Pretty cool hearing that floating over the air. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694