Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
26 October 2014
11.35am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was watching a documentary about the survival of Irish language and the knowledge ordinary people have of it in the country’s capital. Here he is trying to send a letter to Holland, Czech Republic and China with the address in Irish but I heard something familiar in the background that made me smile.

Edit 2: It happened again :O I like the person who chose the music for this show- this time yer man is going out for a night at the track

I thought it was my phone going off!

Edit 3: Arra Jaysus! The screenshot they use is rather unfortunate :P Oh and at 5:48 ‘We Can Work It Out

Edit 4: The final episode, I was on the last 5 minutes and thought they had not decided to put any Beatles in it but I was happily mistaken- this is just after a failed attempted bank heist.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 October 2014
7.22pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

The Be-Sharps episode of The Simpsons is on Sky with its tons of Beatley references and of course Georgea-hard-days-night-george-4.heart

screen-shot-2011-10-06-at-7-30-27-pm.pngImage Enlarger

Just realised that even the clothes the Be-Sharps wore on the roof of Apu’s pub match those the Beatles wore on Apple’s rooftop.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 October 2014
8.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3163sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
The Be-Sharps episode of The Simpsons is on Sky with its tons of Beatley references and of course Georgea-hard-days-night-george-4.heart

screen-shot-2011-10-06-at-7-30-27-pm.pngImage Enlarger

Just realised that even the clothes the Be-Sharps wore on the roof of Apu’s pub match those the Beatles wore on Apple’s rooftop.

I have the box-set of season 3 and on the commentary for it Hank Azaria said that he has a life-size cardboard cut out of Apu in George’s clothes.

Matt Groening also said how cool George was-Groening’s brother (?) is a big Beatles fan and Matt told him to go over to the studio ’cause George was going to be there. His brother walked in and saw George walked through the corrider and he said: “It can’t be!” and George replied “It isn’t”. a-hard-days-night-george-4

Groening was also talking about The Beatles music and George was grudgingly answering the questions until Matt asked about Wonderwall Music and to quote Matt “(George) lit it up” ’cause he wasn’t asked much about Wonderwall.

T’is cute ahdn_george_08

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

parlance

26 October 2014
9.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great anecdotes @AppleScruffJunior.

I’ve read of George saying the same kind of thing to folk who express their amazement when meeting him. There is one of when George was in Hawaii in the mid-80’s and someone met him on the beach, the guy said words to the effect of “i cannot believe its you here” to which George replied “well we’ve all got to be somewhere”.

I can totally see George fed up with all the Beatles questions yet coming to life when something else is mentioned, especially if it was a project as obscure as ‘Wonderwall Music ‘ which not many folk would ask about.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 October 2014
3.42am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
3165sp_Permalink sp_Print

I played Beatles Scrabble with my spouse on the weekend (we watched AHDN at the same time…  what a night!).  

I schooled his ass, beat him by almost 80 points.

Image Enlarger

Ye.   

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

parlance

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

29 October 2014
9.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

A friend sent me an article she thought was on Paul, but it turned out to be an artist named Paula McCartney. It was cute. :-)

And on Hollywood Blvd, I passed this suit store:

IMG_20141029_1247091.jpgImage Enlarger

I don’t know if they’re implying Paul shopped there or they just really love Memory Almost Full .

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

30 October 2014
1.45pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
3167sp_Permalink sp_Print

This sentence came up in my French class yesterday:

“Paul et Cynthia n’ont pas de passeport”.

30 October 2014
1.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul was looking to run away with Cynthia? Is that why she and John broke up? Who stole their passports? Or was Brian holding onto them because he knew they might run off together. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, StrawberryFieldsForever, Hey Jude !
30 October 2014
2.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3169sp_Permalink sp_Print

If Paul was cheating on John with Cynthia my head will explode. I’ve just worked out that whole John/Paul/Yoko shenanigans, i don’t want to have to work out another.

Wait , surely since John and Brian were secret lovers Brian would have been delighted if Cyn and Paul had run off? Is that how John and Yoko ended up together, John took her from Paul in an act of revenge? And just where were Ringo and George whilst all of this was unfolding?

My head is getting sore. I need a lie-down.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

30 October 2014
4.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3170sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
If Paul was cheating on John with Cynthia my head will explode. I’ve just worked out that whole John/Paul/Yoko shenanigans, i don’t want to have to work out another.

Wait , surely since John and Brian were secret lovers Brian would have been delighted if Cyn and Paul had run off? Is that how John and Yoko ended up together, John took her from Paul in an act of revenge? And just where were Ringo and George whilst all of this was unfolding?

My head is getting sore. I need a lie-down.

I though John was cheating on Brian with Paul? Cynthia was just there to keep up appearances (sorry Cyn). Then once Brian died, John’s heart was broken and he decided to only have one lover from then on and his marriage with Cynthia was breaking down, he met Yoko and that’s what happened. 

George was with Ringo’s wife (I thought we’d established this already) and Ringo was challenging people to dance offs. 

Look at him dance, go RIngo go!Image Enlarger

George didn’t take him up on his challenge.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever, Mr. Kite

30 October 2014
5.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3171sp_Permalink sp_Print

So basically and fundamentally the music was just an excise for one big orgy. No wonder they all ran out of the hotel room in ‘A Hard Day Night’.

original.gifImage Enlarger

31 October 2014
5.45am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3172sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner article on two Beatles fans appearing on BBC game show Pointless.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

31 October 2014
5.45pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3173sp_Permalink sp_Print

* Watching this week’s episode of Black-ish. Two of the kids don’t want to participate in the family costume, so they have to downgrade from dressing as all the Jacksons to the Beatles. But the two smallest kids don’t know who they are.

* From the Daily Mirror:

A teenager named Summer Strawberry Fields Forever by her Beatles-mad dad has been forced to cut it short by a bank for her first card.

The 16 year-old trainee hairdresser went into a local branch to open her first current account.

But staff said her name – the title of a 1967 Fab Four hit – was too long to fit on a debit card.

Summer, who says she likes her name, agreed to cut it short and has been left with her first name and surname Cole.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Mr. Kite, StrawberryFieldsForever

1 November 2014
4.18pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979

Funny impersonations of 22 women via 1 comedian doing Beatle songs (I like the Barbra Streisand and Maggie Smith):

The following people thank Into the Sky with Diamonds for this post:

parlance

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

1 November 2014
4.42pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3175sp_Permalink sp_Print

She’s good. I am entertained.

1 November 2014
4.56pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Ha! She’s awesome! I shared it with a singer friend who’s done a cabaret. She should do something similar with another artist/group, that’d be hilarious.

parlance

1 November 2014
6.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Half-time in the football so turned over to Pointless which has a Beatles question. You need to name the lowest scoring (out of 100 people asked) ‘Beatles Single Whose Title Appears Alphabetically Between ‘From Me To You ‘ and ‘The Ballad Of John And Yoko ‘. I presume ‘The’ is the first word of ‘The Ballad Of John And Yoko ” but it really should be ‘Ballad’ when sorting in that system of order, i hate ‘The’ being the first word. ahdn_paul_01

Answers and results in the spoiler so no peeking if you don’t want to know them.

Submitted answers

Help !’ scored 23 (Team 1).

Love Me Do ‘ scored 29 (Team 2).

Michelle ‘ is wrong and so scored 100 (Team 3).

Please Please Me ‘ scored 24 (Team 3).

‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ is wrong and so scored 100 (Team 2) 

Get Back ‘ scored 7 (Team 1)

Team 2 have the highest combined score of 129 and so go out beating Team 1 which scored 30 and Team 3 with 124. 

Complete Results (Lowest To Highest)

Real Love ‘ was pointless (tho the co-presenter said that they remastered a lot of the songs in 1996 and that was one of those. Who wants to write to the BBC and correct them).

Something ‘ scored 1.

Lady Madonna ‘ scored 2.

I Feel Fine ‘ scored 4.

Hello, Goodbye ‘ scored 4

Let It Be ‘ scored 5. 

Strawberry Fields Forever ” scored 5.

Paperback Writer ‘ scored 7.

Get Back ‘ scored 7 

Penny Lane ‘ scored 12.

I Want To Hold Your Hand ‘ scored 17.

She Loves You ‘ scored 23.

Help !’ scored 23.

Please Please Me ‘ scored 24.

Hey Jude ‘ scored 24.

Love Me Do ‘ scored 29.

1 November 2014
8.25pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
3178sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a friend who’s in Liverpool right now… not to do anything Beatley, but to see OMD in concert. I had to tease her about that.

parlance

4 November 2014
10.10pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
3179sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to a Halloween party last week at my friend’s house. She told she put a Beatles song in the playlists. It was Maxwell’s Silver Hammer .

The next day or so, my husband and I swung by one his band mate’s house. On the wall next to the door was a poster of John Lennon at Madison Square Garden. I pointed it out to my husband. I was happy to see the poster and know another metalhead appreciates The Beatles. Then I noticed he had a Abbey Road poster across the room. It made my day. :)

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Meowson
5 November 2014
8.47pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
3180sp_Permalink sp_Print

My teenage son singing along with me in the car to Beatles tunes! :)   He’s really getting into them.  Right now…his favourite is “Anna” (we are listening to “Please Please Me ” at the moment) and he loves John’s voice!  Yay!

The following people thank HeyTrud for this post:

meanmistermustard, parlance, Sky999, StrawberryFieldsForever, Beatleva, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, Matt Busby

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690