Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
5 September 2014
6.05pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3061sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Zig said

Mr. Kite said

Had a Beatley Moment, following a Policy moment!

Great video, Kite – one of my favorite Police songs! Was Sting playing a fretless bass? It was hard to tell with the video quality being what it was.

It looks like it to me! I was having a hard time even making out the strings, don’t think there were frets. And he always seems to be using any bass other than an average electric. Like in the picture on the back of Zenyatta Mondatta.

Image Enlarger

He’s got a cool thin, electric, upright bass.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Zig, WETSRoosa, Matt Busby

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

10 September 2014
8.08pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I was walking along, wearing an Abbey Road T-shirt and talking on the phone, when I passed someone else doing the exact same, including the shirt! Although it I wasn’t exactly the same they were both Abbey Road .

My other hand was full, but I kind of pointed towards his shirt with my pinkie on the hand holding my phone, and he saw mine and smiled.

It was an interesting moment, although a little awkward, but Beatles!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever, Zig, parlance, Ahhh Girl, Matt Busby

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

10 September 2014
11.04pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3063sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whilst out and about on my travels today i came across the Philip Norman biography on John, which i didnt buy as i can get it cheaper back in Scotland, a Beatles jigsaw, which i didnt buy as it was in a charity shop and i’m never sure if all the pieces are included when second hand, and a magazine (i forget the name) with the Beatles on the cover and a 13-page feature on them, which i didnt buy on the basis that if i want it i can get it on Friday before i undertake an 11 hour journey back to Scotland.

A few days earlier i came across another Beatles magazine, this time all about them, but it looked little more than their story regurgitated once again so i didnt get that either.

We should have a thread for all the Beatles stuff we see but dont buy.a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 September 2014
11.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
3064sp_Permalink sp_Print

11 hours? Are you taking the extremely scenic route?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

parlance, Mimi, Mr. Kite
11 September 2014
12.09am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3065sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Whilst out and about on my travels today i came across the Philip Norman biography on John, which i didnt buy as i can get it cheaper back in Scotland, a Beatles jigsaw, which i didnt buy as it was in a charity shop and i’m never sure if all the pieces are included when second hand, and a magazine (i forget the name) with the Beatles on the cover and a 13-page feature on them, which i didnt buy on the basis that if i want it i can get it on Friday before i undertake an 11 hour journey back to Scotland.

A few days earlier i came across another Beatles magazine, this time all about them, but it looked little more than their story regurgitated once again so i didnt get that either.

We should have a thread for all the Beatles stuff we see but dont buy.a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

My list would be much longer than I’d like…

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

11 September 2014
8.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3066sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Where are you, if I may ask?

11 September 2014
11.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3067sp_Permalink sp_Print

North London. 

Was in a coffee shop earlier and ‘Nobody Told Me’ came on. Due to the ridiculous noise in the place i thought i was going mad for half the song and hearing things. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Bulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 September 2014
1.37am
Polythene Pam
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 29

One time,my cousin and I were in a shop. We were singing Let It Be , and suddenly it came on the radio.

We were singing like if we were crazy until people started looking at us like if they wanted us to shut up, so we did stop. But we continued to hum along the lyrics. It was really funny.

The following people thank Polythene Pam for this post:

Bulldog, Beatleva, Hey Jude !

Why do you even bother in reading? There's nothing strange going on around here... Or is it?

12 September 2014
3.15pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3069sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said

In Pre-Calc today, the teacher told us to stop using the calculators and let them be. Instantly, me and the guy sitting next started singing Let It Be . Not loudly of course.

In related news, my AP World History teacher thinks the Beatles are communistsa-hard-days-night-ringo-14paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

Did both of your faces light up when you realized you were both singing the song? Are you friends with this guy?

Be a good ambassador for The Beatles and perhaps you can help educate your history teacher this year.

12 September 2014
9.19pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3070sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apolgies to UnidentifiedFiendishThingy. While attempting to “Quote” your post, I ham-fistedly deleted it by accident. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

I wanted to let you know that you should alert your teacher to the fact that it’s Lennon, not Lenin. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatleva, StrawberryFieldsForever, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, parlance, Hey Jude !

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 September 2014
9.35pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
3071sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
North London. 

Was in a coffee shop earlier and ‘Nobody Told Me’ came on. Due to the ridiculous noise in the place i thought i was going mad for half the song and hearing things. 

Since you’re there did you get to see/ visit the Abbey Road ?

12 September 2014
11.31pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3072sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was on the site rrrather which is like the choosing between two things thread, and here is where someone had ‘Which Beatle do you prefer?’ between John and Paul

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 September 2014
12.22am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3073sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Apolgies to UnidentifiedFiendishThingy. While attempting to “Quote” your post, I ham-fistedly deleted it by accident. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

I wanted to let you know that you should alert your teacher to the fact that it’s Lennon, not Lenin. a-hard-days-night-john-1

@UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, yay for me quoting your post! It is saved. @Zig, welcome *almost* to the club. mmm and I have both deleted whole threads instead of one post. Please, don’t try to match us :-) That is one club membership you never want to have!

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
14 September 2014
10.23am
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members

Ok, so Beatley moment in the most unexpected of places! Just like @Ahhh Girl and many others here I, well I don’t like math. And I am majoring in it, think about it a-hard-days-night-paul-3– the other major being Econ which I care about. Anyway, I had pulled myself away from BB forum, away from listening and singing to the Beatles, to finally solve some questions when lo and behold I see the following quote on the answers page of my book.

Think of what you’re saying, you can get it wrong and still think that it’s all right . John Lennon and Paul McCartney ,
We Can Work It Out ,” single*

The following people thank StrawberryFieldsForever for this post:

Hey Jude !, meanmistermustard, Beatleva, Bulldog, parlance, ScrambledEggs
14 September 2014
11.03am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3075sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cool discovery @StrawberryFieldsForever. Makes maths interesting for a few minutes  and of course the song needs to be played and that automatically calls for a break!!!!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10 And it would only be fair to play ‘Day Tripper ‘, oh and ‘Rubber Soul ‘ since it is the tie-in album. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Damn!!ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

14 September 2014
2.23pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3076sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl – thanks for helping me save face.

@StrawberryFieldsForever – you can run from the Beatles, but you can’t hide! What a cool Beatley Moment.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever, Hey Jude !

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

14 September 2014
2.57pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Awwww, The Beatles love you, @StrawberryFieldsForever. They meet you where you are and brighten your day. That is what this thread is all about.

StrawberryFieldsForever
14 September 2014
4.57pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328
3078sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFieldsForever said
Ok, so Beatley moment in the most unexpected of places! Just like @Ahhh Girl and many others here I, well I don’t like math. And I am majoring in it, think about it a-hard-days-night-paul-3– the other major being Econ which I care about. Anyway, I had pulled myself away from BB forum, away from listening and singing to the Beatles, to finally solve some questions when lo and behold I see the following quote on the answers page of my book.

Think of what you’re saying, you can get it wrong and still think that it’s all right . John Lennon and Paul McCartney ,

That quote literally sums up a mathematician’s relationship with mathematical problems! All that insecurity… 

Damn, you just made my day! :)

The following people thank ScrambledEggs for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever
14 September 2014
8.59pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
3079sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said

StrawberryFieldsForever said

That quote literally sums up a mathematician’s relationship with mathematical problems! All that insecurity… 

Damn, you just made my day! :)

Absolutely! 

16 September 2014
12.35am
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
3080sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I decided was the perfect time to mess with my “anti-communist” history teacher. We were reading an excerpt from the Bhagavad Gita, specifically the part about reincarnation. The teacher asks me to explain it and I connect the excerpt with Within You, Without You. As soon as I mentioned it was a Beatles song, she tightened up and interrupted me by asking a different person who obviously did not know what they were talking about. And then she told them that they were right and totally forgot about what I said. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694