Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
31 July 2014
11.47pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2981sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was at this rummage sale thing and some kid was performing Yesterday .

1 August 2014
5.29pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494
2982sp_Permalink sp_Print

it was 2am and everyone was sleeping and me as usual on beatlesbible actually i was reading Revolution 9 comments, after reading them, in excitement i listened to it for only 1 min for the first FREAKING time and *BOOM* sleep ruined and i have never listened to it since then  maybe someday i’ll  

The following people thank Hey Jude ! for this post:

Bulldog, Mr. Kite
1 August 2014
5.36pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
2983sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8It takes some… eh, getting used to. Nowadays, I find many of the sounds humorous, and focus on those. Like at some point John makes this weird sound… I don’t know how I could type it, I just find it funny when the whole song used to terrify me.

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

Mr. Kite

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

1 August 2014
10.50pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2984sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been meaning to type this since last night, but I’m glad Hey Jude got here first because it (possibly) makes my omens (I typed moment, but if autocorrect says omens that works too!) more interesting.

Last night at (also) 2am we checked into a creepy hotel in South Carolina. It was extremely foggy out and the moon and large light overhead were making the air above orange, as if a bunch of dust from baseball clay was suspended in the air.

I ascended the slightly crooked stairs to our room, and as I entered I saw what you always see, a few beds that look untouched although you know countless people have inhabited them.

Someone flushed a toilet and it wouldn’t stop flushing… It kept going. The fact that I was half-asleep added to the creepy atmosphere made me briefly entertain the notion of a ghost haunting us.

It finally stopped, I started to get into one of the twin beds, and I looked over at the microwave directly across from me. In a room where nothing was out of place, one thing was…

The microwave had one number on it: 9!

John Lennon : the only ghost to haunt you by flushing the toilet! a-hard-days-night-john-6

My book will be out in October, just in time for Halloween, Lennon the Friendly Ghost: the Memoirs of a Beatle-Hauntee. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Although I’m making a joke out of it this did happen last night.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatleva, Bulldog, Matt Busby

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

1 August 2014
11.59pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
2985sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said
I’ve been meaning to type this since last night, but I’m glad Hey Jude got here first because it (possibly) makes my omens (I typed moment, but if autocorrect says omens that works too!) more interesting.

Last night at (also) 2am we checked into a creepy hotel in South Carolina. It was extremely foggy out and the moon and large light overhead were making the air above orange, as if a bunch of dust from baseball clay was suspended in the air.

I ascended the slightly crooked stairs to our room, and as I entered I saw what you always see, a few beds that look untouched although you know countless people have inhabited them.

Someone flushed a toilet and it wouldn’t stop flushing… It kept going. The fact that I was half-asleep added to the creepy atmosphere made me briefly entertain the notion of a ghost haunting us.

It finally stopped, I started to get into one of the twin beds, and I looked over at the microwave directly across from me. In a room where nothing was out of place, one thing was…

The microwave had one number on it: 9!

John Lennon : the only ghost to haunt you by flushing the toilet! a-hard-days-night-john-6

My book will be out in October, just in time for Halloween, Lennon the Friendly Ghost: the Memoirs of a Beatle-Hauntee. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Although I’m making a joke out of it this did happen last night.

Where in SC was that? I need to know not to stay at THAT hotel. And nice story. 

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?

2 August 2014
12.00am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I get it. A creepily Beatley moment to be sure.

Funny – as I’m typing this, Zag & I are listening to Pandora and ‘Guitar Boogie’ is playing. That’s the infamous tune Paul flubbed the lead on during his first appearance with The Quarrymen.

EDIT: @Bulldog – did not see your post as I was typing mine. Are you from SC?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 August 2014
12.09am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members

@Zig ahdn_paul_02 Maaaaybe…. Definitely southeastern US… I’m possibly the least southern southerner ever. (Parents from New England – I pronounce Rs, but I do say ‘wicked’ as good)

EDIT: I didn’t put any kind of Beatley moment, so… hmmm…. my dad is playing music and he said I can pick the next CD we play.ahdn_george_06 Now the only question is, what album shall I pick? I’m thinking Rubber Soul .

2 August 2014
12.23am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2988sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pardon the slight derail, my fellow Forumpudlians, as I tell @Bulldog that Zag & I went to Charleston SC for our 25th anniversary and found the people to be incredibly charming and hospitable. One of the coolest vacations we ever had.

And, B-dog, we lived in Maine for 10 years – we still say “wicked good”!

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Bulldog

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 August 2014
1.00am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
2989sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bulldog said

I didn’t put any kind of Beatley moment, so… hmmm…. my dad is playing music and he said I can pick the next CD we play.ahdn_george_06 Now the only question is, what album shall I pick? I’m thinking Rubber Soul .

I ended up picking Help ! I’m saving Rubber Soul for the car.a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-9

2 August 2014
7.04pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last night, I hung out with a Beatle/Paul fan who recently moved to LA. She told me she once had three cats named Vera, Chuck and Dave.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Zig, Matt Busby, Bulldog

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

4 August 2014
12.03am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2991sp_Permalink sp_Print

Riding in the car this weekend, listening to one of my playlists, playing the ‘who is singing now’ game with the kids again:

9-year old: “Do they know who killed John, Dad?”

Me:  “Yep, a man named Mark David Chapman.”

Her: “Why did he do it, was he mad at John?”

Me: “It’s kind of complicated; basically he thought he could get famous if he killed someone famous.”

Son: “Never heard of him, so… FAIL!”

Her: “Jerk.  Why couldn’t he pick someone from One Direction?!”

….

I never talk about this board with my family, so they’re not aware of what gets discussed.  But the fact that –Out Of The Blue – a 9 year old GIRL says this and remembering some of the other discussions on here about One Direction… had me laughing.

The following people thank C.R.A. for this post:

meanmistermustard, WETSRoosa, Bulldog, Ahhh Girl, Zig, Matt Busby
4 August 2014
7.39pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2992sp_Permalink sp_Print

I *should* have had a Beatley Moment back in May. However, only within the last two weeks or so have I brought myself around to listening to Maxwell’s Silver Hammer .

I read this in the Rick Steves guidebook for St. Peter’s Basilica, but it didn’t sink in at the time.

The far-right entrance is the Holy Door opened only during Holy Years. On Christmas Eve every 25 years, the pope knocks three times with a silver hammer and the door opens…

Oh, well, I’m having the Beatley Moment now as I am going through the trip pictures with my mom.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig
4 August 2014
10.39pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2993sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching random YouTube videos when I ended up on the Can Blind People Draw? video and he had a Picture frame with the cover of Sergent Peppers lonly hearts club band on his wall.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

5 August 2014
12.46am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2994sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought he was going to draw the Pepper cover, that would have been amazing. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?, Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 August 2014
8.51pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Am watching Wanderlust, and the main characters, George and Linda go into this Bed and Breakfast, and George introduces himself to the owner, who responds with “George eh, so where did you leave John, Paul and Ringo?” And George says “I didn’t bring them” to which the owner asks “Not even Ringo?”

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Ahhh Girl
9 August 2014
9.35pm
She_is_leaving_home
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 175
2996sp_Permalink sp_Print

My 5 yers old son love to watch Beatles cartoons. He’s favourite is Ringo beasuce he’s doing stupid things. One day he was watching cartoons on the computer and put on all my rings on his finger and I asked him why and he answered: “I want to be like Ringo”. ahdn_ringo_09

Also one day we went on playground and he was running around and yelling: “Ringo is stupid” :D

The following people thank She_is_leaving_home for this post:

WETSRoosa, AppleScruffJunior

Come on nowhereman we will take you somwhere!

10 August 2014
9.14am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2997sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday while lying in bed, I decided to listen to one more song on my iPod (on shuffle)

Guess what song was playing?

Good night!

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Bulldog
10 August 2014
12.11pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2998sp_Permalink sp_Print

She_is_leaving_home said
One day he was watching cartoons on the computer and put on all my rings on his finger and I asked him why and he answered: “I want to be like Ringo”. ahdn_ringo_09

Nice!!

Beatleva said
Yesterday while lying in bed, I decided to listen to one more song on my iPod (on shuffle)

Guess what song was playing?

Good night!

Now THAT is a Beatley moment. 

15 August 2014
9.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2999sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was in Trieste, Italy this afternoon having lunch and I heard George’s song Blow Away playing on the radio, it had been raining right before it played and the second it started the clouds dispersed. 

Only for it to start pi*sing rain after 30 minutes and I in a bloody playsuit with no jacket!

Thanks a lot George!

While hitchhiking with some friends, ‘My Sweet Lord ‘ was playing in one of the cars that picked us up.

Also heard ‘Ebony And Ivory ‘ a couple of days ago :)

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 August 2014
10.47pm
StrawberryWalrus
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 278
3000sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
While at a gas station this morning, I received the first compliment from a stranger regarding my new license plate.
zigvolvrImage Enlarger

The woman said, “hey cool plate – that’s my favorite album”. After complimenting her on her good taste, we both drove away smiling. ahdn_ringo_09

Awww man, that’s the coolest thing ever.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690