Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
25 May 2014
8.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Annadog40 said
I just saw an add for a Beatles tribute band on TV

But are they as good as Ireland’s Beatles tribute band “Get Back “?

Most likely…although they somehow managed to get to work with Denny Laine and George Martin 

http://vimeo.com/60724909#at=16

It must be great to be in a successful Beatles tribute band that your only job is to go out and sing Beatles songs!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 May 2014
9.57pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2762sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was a Beatles tribute band called Yesterday that appeared in this area last weekend. I didn’t go, but one of my co-workers did and he said they played the songs and sounded exactly like the real ones did.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

25 May 2014
10.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2763sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching Just for Laughs on Hulu, and Tim Minchin was on doing a lullaby in which he mentioned Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da and then rhymes Ringo with dingo.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

26 May 2014
12.35am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2764sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got a spam call from 000-000-0000. I didn’t pick up, just blocked it. When I mentioned it on FB to see if anyone else had gotten such a call, a friend said, “I think you just hung up on Paul McCartney .” ;-D

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Mr. Kite

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

26 May 2014
1.28am
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 199
2765sp_Permalink sp_Print

Huff, I do not know what to say.

If children are studying the 20th century, I'm in their text books.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
2.15am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2766sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

I got a spam call from 000-000-0000. I didn’t pick up, just blocked it. When I mentioned it on FB to see if anyone else had gotten such a call, a friend said, “I think you just hung up on Paul McCartney .” ;-D

parlance

If that was true, it’d be really sad…

So today while out for brunch the restaurant was playing With A Little Help From My Friends … All these restaurants, they just know when I’m there!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

26 May 2014
2.20am
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members

There is this one kids toy that has a commercial on tv, and I relized I noticed in the background. Paul’s hofner bass. I rewinded it and paused it on my dvr, but the rest of my family could care less. I am the only beatlemaniac in my house. Also, sadly, I was watching this dumb tv show named Sam & Cat, but they went to a robot saying they needed help. The n the robot says, “Searching for help. Help is a 1965 movie starring the Beatles.” Who was happy. I was.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
7.24am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
2768sp_Permalink sp_Print

At the Beatles festival I was at today, the band played yesterday and then another song.  In between the next songs, a boy no older than 9 walked by loudly singing Yesterday .  Not just the easy part – he was in the “why she had to go…” verse.   Maybe not so unexpected at a Beatles festival but still was nice to see the next (ok, the next after the next a-hard-days-night-george-10 generation liking them that much.

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

26 May 2014
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223

spaniard-venice.jpgImage Enlarger

Hard Rock Venice. Ask and ye shall receive: Can’t Buy Me Love , Yesterday , Love Me Do , and Paul live with Wings singing Get Back .

They have two Beatles items: a snare drum signed by all four Beatles and a early draft of “A Spaniard in the Works” hand written starting on the back of an envelope and continued on paper bags.

26 May 2014
2.57pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
2770sp_Permalink sp_Print

Matt Busby said
At the Beatles festival I was at today, the band played yesterday and then another song.  In between the next songs, a boy no older than 9 walked by loudly singing Yesterday .  Not just the easy part – he was in the “why she had to go…” verse.   Maybe not so unexpected at a Beatles festival but still was nice to see the next (ok, the next after the next a-hard-days-night-george-10 generation liking them that much.

Wish there were kids like that at my school, although I am in high school, but people just listen to rap and hip hop and my school. There is only two beatles fans in my grade, inlcuding me.

- Paul McCartney

26 May 2014
6.12pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2771sp_Permalink sp_Print

Matt Busby said

Supercute! I love seeing young children who are into the Beatles. I recently saw a young kid, probably around 6 or 7, with a Beatles shirt on. Now, his parents most likely put him in it, but I like to think he liked them too.

26 May 2014
6.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2772sp_Permalink sp_Print

All My Loving ” was just playing on the telly and “Norwegian Wood ” (a pan-pipe version) was on on Friday 🙂 

I need to find the person who picks the music for Nationwide! 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 May 2014
7.20pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2773sp_Permalink sp_Print

Missed the start of the programme but the new documentary on the tv comedy Porridge was talking about the Beatles in 1964 when i turned it on; i have no idea why as its a 1970’s comedy set in a prison.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 May 2014
7.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2774sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of the dueling orchestras on St. Mark’s Square is playing Yesterday . They win.

26 May 2014
11.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2775sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watching an Abba documentary, well its on in the background, and one of the men spoke about how he heard She Loves You and that it changed everything. After that he wanted to move away from Swedish folk music and begin writing his own material. 

Those damn Beatles get everywhere.a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-paul-5

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 May 2014
4.38am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2776sp_Permalink sp_Print

I volunteered today at Cinefamily (the theater that had the recent tribute to Albert Maysles), and encountered another volunteer who’s going to the Dodger Stadium concert. So we exchanged info, whee!

parlance

28 May 2014
7.13pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
2777sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saw a young African-Canadian schoolgirl in the mall today with a drop-“T”-logo Beatles backpack (and Catholic school uniform), which made me happy.

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

28 May 2014
10.31pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2778sp_Permalink sp_Print

“The song ‘Happiness Is A Warm Gun ‘ was recorded by which band?” was one of the tiebreaker questions in tonight’s Eggheads (i caught the tail-end due to avoiding adverts). The Eggheads got it right.

29 May 2014
11.58am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2779sp_Permalink sp_Print

I Want To Hold Your Hand is playing on the PA system in the Venice airport. It is very quiet/low, but it is distinctive to my ears.

29 May 2014
4.39pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

Not exactly a good Beatley moment:  http://www.billboard.com/artic…..es-beatles

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694