Beatley Moments | Page 137 | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Beatley Moments
16 May 2014
3.01pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 802

AppleScruffJunior said
A headline on the newspaper yesterday was 'Here Comes The Sun' the temperatures are soaring to a sweltering 20C in Ireland for the next couple of days ahdn_paul_02

Also a couple of nights back I heard 'You're Going To Lose That Girl' and 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' on the radio. I generally hear only 'Let It Be' so some of the obscure songs such as YGTLTG was a welcome change

Seriously though, I've never heard Beatles songs on the radio, let alone common ones. But still, I rarely listen to the radio.

Mal's got a mop and another glass of orange juice!
~He took the mirrors off his Cadillac
'Cause he doesn't like looking like he looks back~
18 May 2014
1.10am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 519

This might not exactly be a Beatley moment, but it was a Beatley light going off in my head.  Either Paul or John said "Rubber Soul" came from one of Ringo's malaprops.  I was happily driving along, listening to Revolver, when suddenly the double entendre of "Rubber Soul" hit me!  The more I know, the more lights go off in my head like this :)

ps - I wanted to cross post this to the "Rubber Soul" forum, but not knowing how, I just posted it twice (I doubt it will get any responses either place).  If someone wants to teach me how to cross post (and, how to quote more than one person in a post like @Mr. Kite did above), would you please pm me?  Thanks :)

Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

18 May 2014
2.16am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

While reading Into the Sky With Diamonds from @Into the Sky with Diamonds, my son asked which Beatle is now in the astronaut suit. We told him all 4 Beatles take turns in the suit, so he always asks "Who's in it now?" whenever he sees the book. 

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite, Into the Sky with Diamonds
"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
18 May 2014
2.29am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10531

@Matt Busby. To cross post (maybe there is an easier way, this is what i do)

1. Click on the grey link (located between the # of the post and the printer) and select "copy link address" from the drop down menu.
  2. Highlight the text you want as the link setter in your reply/post.
  3. Click on "insert/edit link" from the tool bar in the post box and paste it in.
  4. Click ok.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Matt Busby
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
18 May 2014
1.37pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4384

I went to a restaurant last night (same one from my first Silly Love Songs Beatley Moment) and they played something. Every time I go there the play a Beatles/Beatles solo song!

I don't know if I posted about it, but the first time it was And I Love Her.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
18 May 2014
4.27pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1753
  1. I was watching a special on Barbara Walters, whom is an American news journalist, about her retirement. One of the discussions was about her interviews with murders, to which she mentioned Mark David Chapman. They showed a clip of the interview and it sent chills down my spine of him describing how he killed John. While typing this I remembered Barbara Walters is a cousin to Paul's wife Nancy. 

2. One of my friends posted this on facebook

18 May 2014
6.08pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Sky's back! You've been passed many times though on the top list.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Annadog40
(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
18 May 2014
6.44pm
meanmistermustard

Isnt this a different Sky, based on their names (Sky999 and Skye) and number of posts? Apologies if not.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
18 May 2014
6.45pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4839

meanmistermustard said
Isnt this a different Sky, based on their names (Sky999 and Skye) and number of posts? Apologies if not.

don't you know? they are both one and the same

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
18 May 2014
6.51pm
meanmistermustard

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

Never knew that. So why the different accounts?

18 May 2014
6.55pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4839

meanmistermustard said

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

idk probably the same reason vonbontee got two accounts

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
18 May 2014
7.01pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

meanmistermustard said

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

They are not the same. Skye was a mod who was one of the first constant members (as far as I can tell). She has over 2000 posts.

Sky999 is a Paulette who hasn't been on in about a month before today. She was around 8th on the top posters before me and Anna and Von Bontee knocked her and LHL (who also hasn't been on in a while) off the list.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
18 May 2014
7.04pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3229

meanmistermustard said

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

They are not one and the same. skye was one of the early members, and Sky999 I remember joining well as I was among those to greet her. I remember it well because of her nerves about joining.

Good to see you back @Sky999 

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
18 May 2014
7.42pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1753

Ron Nasty said

meanmistermustard said

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

They are not one and the same. skye was one of the early members, and Sky999 I remember joining well as I was among those to greet her. I remember it well because of her nerves about joining.

Good to see you back @Sky999 

Mr. Nasty and IveJustSeenAFaceo are correct. 

Thank you & I see you turned account into Ron Nasty while I was away.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

My screen name was inspired skye's. I have always loved the song LITSWD, so I wanted a screen inspired by it. However, I realized the screen name sky was already taken. Too lazy I guess to come up with something really clever I came up with sky090909, which I have done away with the zeros now. The triple nine's representing Revolution 9 because I always get a kick out of the conspiracy theory that comes along with that song. Occasionally I flip the 9's upside down for fun. 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, meanmistermustard
19 May 2014
5.46pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5584

Old article on Los Angeles that starts with a quote from John.

I don't usually see him described as a "supposedly nice guy."

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

20 May 2014
5.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5584

Posting on @Ahhh Girl's behalf:

The cashier at the Hard Rock Cafe shop in Rome said her favorite Beatles song is Hey Jude. She also loves Across The Universe. I showed her the BB on my phone. She thanked me for the information.

Flowers in the Dirt is the second from the bottom on the right side. (Two pictures - the wall of albums with FID and the close up of FID).

Ohhhhhhhhh, it got better. Without me saying a thing, the hostess sat us at the table right under this picture. (Picture of Beatles on donkeys and the picture of the hostess with the Beatles picture.)

They have one of John Lennon's coats. (Picture of coat and the description sign that goes with it.)

Ringo got a spot! (Picture of Ringo case.)

Here are two other Beatles-related items in HRC Rome. (Abbey Road picture and Lennon pictures.)

20140520_114143.jpg

20140520_114449.jpg
20140520_120737.jpg
20140520_120800.jpg
20140520_131036.jpg
20140520_131052.jpg
20140520_132530.jpg
20140520_132750.jpg
20140520_132840.jpg

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

20 May 2014
6.57pm
meanmistermustard

AG's phone went into relapse and needed to take a breather due to all the pictures and notes being sent on to Parlance so the one below got delayed. If anyone has any information about it please post it here as neither AG or myself know anything about it.

John.jpg

20 May 2014
7.01pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5623

...and does anyone know about the donkey picture in the post parlance made for me?

Thank you to all those who have helped me get pictures posted.

20 May 2014
7.19pm
meanmistermustard

The donkey pic is from Weston-super-Mare in July 1963 where the Beatles were on residency for a week.

A bit of googling finds that the boot is from the Help! film. John took it home and was pictured at Kenwood with it.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl
20 May 2014
8.01pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3229

@Ahhh Girl @meanmistermustard

The donkey photos were taken by Dezo Hoffman on the 27 July.

They were part of quite a famous photoshoot, which also included them in Edwardian bathing costumes on the beach, and go-karting. One interesting thing is that colour home-movie footage exists of the day, which is about the earliest colour footage of them.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl
"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Joe, Necko, Atlas
65 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10531

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5623

parlance: 5584

Annadog40: 4839

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4597

Mr. Kite: 4384

Ron Nasty: 3229

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2696

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3145

Newest Members: lematalk65, rzleromer, JonoTheFifthBeatle, LennonMcCartney, You Know My Name

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5623, meanmistermustard: 10531, Zig: 4597, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None