Beatley Moments | Page 135 | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Beatley Moments
1 May 2014
9.05pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

Basketball commissioner Adam Silver has banned owner Sterling from the NBA.

It's being referred to in the press as the "Silver Hammer"

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)
1 May 2014
9.24pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2205

I've been following that story and can't help loving the "Sterling"-"Silver" aspect!

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Mr. Kite
One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
1 May 2014
10.34pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Into the Sky with Diamonds said
Basketball commissioner Adam Silver has banned owner Sterling from the NBA.

It's being referred to in the press as the "Silver Hammer"

I mentioned that a few posts up.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
1 May 2014
10.48pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

@IveJustSeenAFaceo 

Sorry about that!

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)
1 May 2014
10.49pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

No problem, just a heads up.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
2 May 2014
1.11am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108

For those who wonder about if Donald Sterling really had to be kicked out, this article pretty much explains it all...

http://grantland.com/features/.....ings-fold/

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

parlance, IveJustSeenAFaceo
"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
2 May 2014
1.25am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10401

I heard the tape and read some of his previous comments, quite incredible someone could get away with some of the things he said. No doubt the only option was to banish him from the game and heavily pressure the shareholders of the Clippers to force thru the selling of the club - hopefully something can be done to stop the jerk from profiting from the sale.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
2 May 2014
3.34am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 516

I hope you're not using that horrid man as a Beatley moment!

But while we're at it, I don't think anyone mentioned, there's a good chance the NBA Board of Governors will force him to sell the team.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
2 May 2014
8.35pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4549

meanmistermustard said

I heard the tape and read some of his previous comments, quite incredible someone could get away with some of the things he said. No doubt the only option was to banish him from the game and heavily pressure the shareholders of the Clippers to force thru the selling of the club - hopefully something can be done to stop the jerk from profiting from the sale.

Right! It's hard to fathom making millions (billions?) as being a form of punishment.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

3 May 2014
12.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

WETSRoosa said
For those who wonder about if Donald Sterling really had to be kicked out, this article pretty much explains it all...

http://grantland.com/features/.....ings-fold/

Not sure there are too many of those.

3 May 2014
1.06am
BeatleManiacKane
Anywhere, cause I'm free as a bird
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 150

Not sure I've had any of those... but I've had my iPod on shuffle and the song I was thinking of before it has come on quite a lot of times if that counts?

Also, one time Paul's songs(the ones he solely sings) were playing continuesly, and I probably have an equal amount of Paul and John songs on my iPod (about 80 at the moment, I'll add more on later)

Favourite band: The Beatles Favourite song: Yesterday Favourite album: Rubber Soul Favourite member: Paul McCartney Favourite solo career: John Lennon or Paul McCartney Favourite solo career song: John Lennon - God or Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time Favourite songs on albums; Please Please Me: There's A Place/Misery With The Beatles: All My Loving/Please Mr Postman A Hard Day's Night: If I Fell/And I Love Her Beatles For Sale: No Reply/I'll Follow The Sun Help!: Yesterday/I've Just Seen A Face Rubber Soul: In My Life/Drive My Car/The Word Revolver: She Said She Said/Here There And Everywhere Sgt Pepper: Sgt Pepper/She's Leaving Home Magical Mystery Tour: Your Mother Should Know/All You Need Is Love White Album: Dear Prudence/Happiness Is A Warm Gun/Cry Baby Cry Let It Be: Across The Universe/Get Back Abbey Road: Come Together/Here Comes The Sun :)
3 May 2014
6.04pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10401

Picking up a cd from a Glasgow library found they had the recent US A Hard Days Night and Hey Jude reissues so took out AHDN, dont remember Hey Jude having anything unique on it. 

I have all the songs and have heard it a number of times (via an itunes playlist) so why is this exciting? 

Madness, madness, they call it madness

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
4 May 2014
1.41am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108

Purchased the US version of Rubber Soul as well as the Hey Jude album. Will listen to both at work this coming week.

Also, I haven't mentioned this to anyone on here other than ISWD, largely because I've been afraid to jinx it, but I've got a special guest I will interview for Fab Files this coming Thursday. Only thing I will say about this person for right now is that this person was in the studio with the Beatles and recorded with them. That's the only clue I will give out for now. More details to come...

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
4 May 2014
1.51am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2205

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

Right! It's hard to fathom making millions (billions?) as being a form of punishment.

I think it's bizarre (but symbolic I guess) that they chose to fine him AND force him to sell. Like, why should he bother to pay the fine - what's the worst the League can do as punishment if he doesn't pay if they're already forcing him out? :|

Anyways, back on topic...watching the Ducks/Kings game an hour-or-so ago (now in between 2nd and 3rd periods) , gleefully noting the PA playing a scrap of "Tomorrow Never Knows" during a stoppage in play.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
4 May 2014
2.32am
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4748

I watched the Music man and I head Till There Was You and had no idea that that song was from the music man

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
4 May 2014
3.59am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 516

Von Bontee said

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

I think it's bizarre (but symbolic I guess) that they chose to fine him AND force him to sell. Like, why should he bother to pay the fine - what's the worst the League can do as punishment if he doesn't pay if they're already forcing him out? :|

Sorry to continue this off topic thread, I know all you Americans are sick of hearing about this.  However, the Huffington Post, which I believe to be a reliable source, has this article, with transcripts of the worst parts of the tape, where he calls his tenants the f bomb etc.  An elderly, half paralyzed, legally blind woman's apartment flooded because of some repairs on the building.  She had repeatedly complained about water leaking from her refrigerator, her dishwasher was broken, the flat was always cold.  This from one of Sterling's property managers.  Sterling's reply to the property manager when told of the situation:  "Evict the b****".  This guy is far worse than what was aired on tv/radio.  I'm terribly against the death penalty, but if ever one person deserved lynching (by an angry mob of African Americans and Mexican immigrants), he'd be it.

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
9 May 2014
5.24pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 537

My Beatley moment this morning when driving my kids to school & listening to Beatles For Sale.  After listening quietly, my daughter asked me "why are they saying Eight Days A Week?  There are only 7 days in a week"!  lol

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

9 May 2014
8.46pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5501

Huffington Post article: Turn Me On, Dead Man: The Beatles No. 9 Conspiracy Theory Lives!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

10 May 2014
5.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

A cover of Revolution can be heard in the new Nissan commercial.

11 May 2014
6.55pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 788

I had my hair cut the other day against my will. I went from 1966 John to 1963 John.

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Mr. Kite, Annadog40
Mal's got a mop and another glass of orange juice!
~He took the mirrors off his Cadillac
'Cause he doesn't like looking like he looks back~
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Linde, Oudis, StrawberryFieldsForever, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
74 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10400

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5533

parlance: 5501

Annadog40: 4748

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4549

Mr. Kite: 4305

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3146

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5533, meanmistermustard: 10400, Zig: 4549, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None