Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
3 March 2014
9.18pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turned on the football tonight, the programme had been cancelled due technical problems and the first song played was Blackbird .

Quiz question on the ITV quiz ‘The Chase’ was “what was John Lennon ‘s middle name?”, the answer accepted as being correct was Winston. ahdn_paul_01Technically correct yes but still.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 March 2014
9.20pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2462sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Turned on the football tonight, the programme had been cancelled due technical problems and the first song played was Blackbird .

Quiz question on the ITV quiz ‘The Chase’ was “what was John Lennon ‘s middle name?”, the answer accepted as being correct was Winston. ahdn_paul_01Technically correct yes but still.

Well, that was his birth middle name, so I’d go with that. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

3 March 2014
9.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2463sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

Yeah but John changed it in 1969 by deed poll to Ono.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 March 2014
10.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

Yeah but John changed it in 1969 by deed poll to Ono.

Actually, he didn’t change Winston to Ono, he added Ono, and stopped using Winston.

Joe explains it further in his article about John’s name change:

“Technically, Lennon was unable to lose the Winston from his name, as UK law dictates that a person is unable to fully revoke a name given at birth. As a result, his official name became John Winston Ono Lennon, with the ten ‘O’s he wished to avoid.”

@meanmistermustard @IveJustSeenAFaceo 

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 March 2014
11.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2465sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well thats what you get from reading books. Thanks mja, nice to get it right.

3 March 2014
11.41pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2466sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Well thats what you get from reading books. Thanks mja, nice to get it right.

I just saw this now, but I actually knew that. (I knew something mja knows! *squeeee*)

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 March 2014
9.31pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2467sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since the weather was so lovely, a few classmates and I decided to have a drink and some lunch in town. This place had two wraps on the menu. One was called Imagine and the other John Lennon . For a moment I thought I was seeing things really.

7 March 2014
9.58pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2468sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘On my way to work’ this morning I was listening to Paul’s NEW disc. I was thinking during one of the songs that a particular piano part reminded me of something along the lines of ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da ‘. Moments later a car passed by with the license plate OBLA DE.

Close enough – I’ll count it.ahdn_paul_02

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

8 March 2014
1.15am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2469sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have at least 4 Beatley moments from the last two days.a-hard-days-night-george-10 I have more;however, I have forgotten them because the past few weeks have been a bit of a blur due to switching jobs. 

To give a bit a background, I work with special needs adults to help them with their everyday lives. So, I help them (my group) cook once a week and do other activities, so they are not just bored sitting in a group home. One of the policies is to try treat them like an adult, even if they act like a child;therefore, not kiddy music or movies. However, you can not play provocative music (stuff like rap) or movies . So, lucky for me I listen to mostly classic rock. So, I’ve been trying to ear worm The Beatles and other classic rock artist to my clients.

Yesterday , at work while cooking the radio played: Sgt Pepper (reprise) and A Day In The Life .

Also yesterday, I was driving two of my clients to the YMCA, which is two cities away from the center (my work). The radio station was announcing the next few songs. He announced Band On The Run . I was already enjoying dancing (more like tapping my fingers and bobbing my head since I was driving) with one of my clients, so this announcement made me more excited. However, I did not hear it, for it must of come on while we were in the Y. I didn’t think much about it and forgot about it until the way back to the center when the station played Live And Let Die . That same client started singing and to the song and told me it was from a movie. I was said, “Yes, its from James Bond.” She said, “Oh, thats it.” 

Today, I was watching some celebrity thing about Brad Pitt at work with some of my clients. I saw a picture of Paul (90s) on there.a-hard-days-night-john-1

On the way home today I was listening to 60 on 6 where they were playing a Monkees’ song. After the song the dj talked about how when he was a kid the neighborhood kids use to debate who was better The Monkees or The Beatles. So, he played From Me To You as a follow up. 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

parlance
10 March 2014
1.22am
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2470sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday , my hubby and I went to visit one of his friends.  Hubby put “Revolver ” in the CD player.  He loves “Taxman “.  When we got to his buddies house, we started talking about “Taxman ” and then got into this huge conversation about the Beatles.  It was awesome.  Dave (hubby’s buddy) was 13 when the Beatles came to the US and told us all his memories and how he almost wore out his first Beatles record.  It was so Beatley!  paul-mccartney

Also yesterday – my 12 year old’s friend came over to our place…wearing a Beatles shirt!  He loves them too!  Yeah!  a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

10 March 2014
2.39am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2471sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said
Yesterday , my hubby and I went to visit one of his friends.  Hubby put “Revolver ” in the CD player.  He loves “Taxman “.  When we got to his buddies house, we started talking about “Taxman ” and then got into this huge conversation about the Beatles.  It was awesome.  Dave (hubby’s buddy) was 13 when the Beatles came to the US and told us all his memories and how he almost wore out his first Beatles record.  It was so Beatley!  paul-mccartney

Also yesterday – my 12 year old’s friend came over to our place…wearing a Beatles shirt!  He loves them too!  Yeah!  a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Did you go all Beatlenerd on his (her?) friend? 

10 March 2014
2.55am
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
2472sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

HeyTrud said

Did you go all Beatlenerd on his (her?) friend? 

Yes.  Yes, Faceo, I did!  I remarked that I wanted his t-shirt and the poor kid looked horrified! ahdn_paul_01  After the shock wore off, he said “NEVER!” and ran downstairs with my son! lol

The following people thank HeyTrud for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, Ahhh Girl, parlance

10 March 2014
7.43am
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328
2473sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday , I finally got a hold of my dad’s lap top while he was out with his band. Sick with the fever, to have the privilege of a computer in bed was a blessing (my dad’s weirdly possessive of his lap top). I had previously been listening to the Beatles on the gramophone, but decided I’d do something else for I while as I’d been listening to music whole day long. I loaded a film online, but could barely watch it as the volume was too low. There was one thing to it – I had to connect it to the stereo. And, once I turned the stereo on, the radio started automatically and the song that was on the the moment was some cover of “And I Love Her “. Lesson learned: there is no escaping the Beatles (for which I am eternally grateful!) 

10 March 2014
3.20pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2474sp_Permalink sp_Print

My wife got me this Beatles lunchbox for display in my office!

Picture of Beatles Lunch Box: The Beatles Albums Tin Image Enlarger

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

10 March 2014
3.28pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2475sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ScrambledEggs The Beatles are watching you, too. I get that feeling all the time.

@WETSRoosa “She loves you. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!”

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

ScrambledEggs
10 March 2014
3.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2476sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

Fabulous lunchbox.  That is one cool present. I presume far too good to actually use as a lunchbox.

10 March 2014
4.16pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
2477sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

I love it, Westroosa!  I want one too!!!

10 March 2014
4.47pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2478sp_Permalink sp_Print

My son was like “Can that be my lunchbox to school?” Of course, in the nicest way possible, I told him and tried (key word: tried) to convince him that his Ninja Turtles lunchbox was cooler than mine. Don’t think he bought that idea, though thankfully he forgot all about it.

Considering all the stuff, Beatles and otherwise, I’m gathering up, I might need more space at my cubicle… must stop visiting antique stores… a-hard-days-night-paul-4

10 March 2014
4.50pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

I was talking to my dad about a play I have to write for school about seventy’s singers and I talk am saying I want to include George in it and my dad is all like “There are thousands of Georges.” and he is talking about how the Beatles would have been better with Two Johns and two Pauls and I am just laughing at the thought of an army of Georges and ego battles with two Pauls and two Johns.

John-Lennon-Paul-McCartney-e1367523557844.jpgImage Enlarger

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

10 March 2014
5.19pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
I was talking to my dad about a play I have to write for school about seventy’s singers and I talk am saying I want to include George in it and my dad is all like “There are thousands of Georges.” and he is talking about how the Beatles would have been better with Two Johns and two Pauls and I am just laughing at the thought of an army of Georges and ego battles with two Pauls and two Johns.

a-hard-days-night-george-4ahdn_george_05ahdn_george_08ahdn_george_01a-hard-days-night-george-4ahdn_george_06a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-2a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_george_07ahdn_george_08a-hard-days-night-george-4ahdn_george_05ahdn_george_07a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-2ahdn_george_06a-hard-days-night-george-2ahdn_george_05a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-4a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-3a-hard-days-night-george-4

^^  The George Harrison Army.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690