Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
23 February 2014
4.36pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2421sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said
Who supports Liverpool? Liverpudlians don’t even support Liverpool!

What makes you say that? They’re meant to be one of the best teams this country has.

And they currently are. The people of Liverpool have a very strong identity with their home football teams that either goes down the Liverpool or Everton route. I support neither but follow Everton a bit more as they have a recent history of Scottish managers and players.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 February 2014
4.39pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2422sp_Permalink sp_Print

All the liverpudlians I know are fierce and loyal Liverpool fans, and when they’re winning a lot it’s easy to understand why. I gave up following football when I realised that my home team is really, really bad.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 February 2014
4.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2423sp_Permalink sp_Print

A joke that I currently use whenever I hear somebody is a LFC fan:
What ship has never docked in Liverpool?
-The Premiership

But that could change this year and I will retract all comments made by me if they do succeed. All I know about football, I learned off Mrs. Doyle anyway

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 February 2014
5.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2424sp_Permalink sp_Print

That ship won’t dock this season so your retraction will not be required for at least another season.

Love Father Ted. 25 episodes, no duds.heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 February 2014
5.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2425sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have the box set 😀 I plan on going to the real Ted house sometime next year and perhaps Ted Fest as well!

To say I love it is an understatement I think, I refer to ‘raisins’ as ‘cocaine’ and I will continue to do so until I die a-hard-days-night-george-10 Weakest episode would be ‘A Song for Europe’ I think and even that episode is brilliant, I am certain if we entered ‘My Lovely Horse’ in the Eurovision we’d do better than we did last year…when the UK has beaten you, you know you’re truly awful (sorry lads). Well Ireland can’t really talk we have sent Jedward…twice

23 February 2014
5.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2426sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t even know what the UK entered last year. Didn’t Jordan (aka Katie Price) represent us one year?

Presumably you sent Jedward in the hope they didn’t come back, it failed the first time so you tried again. At least it gets them out of the country for a week or so.

23 February 2014
5.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2427sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jedward did well the first time (8th? I think) but the second time we got somewhere like 16th. We shouldn’t even waste money sending anyone anymore, it’s all bias anyways, neighbouring countries voting for one another and all of us islanders are just all awkward like with 5 points at the end of the show…or coughzerocough

24 February 2014
3.50am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2428sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to go see my grandfather in the hospital (he’s fine, he was just sick, nothing threatening) and an instrumental version of Free As A Bird was playing in the lobby. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

25 February 2014
2.43am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2429sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was at a coffee shop earlier today with my clients when I noticed on the wall from said “All you need is coffee” instead of love course. It made me chuckle a bit. 

26 February 2014
8.14pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2430sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking for a nude coloured lipstick and the one I bought was called ”Hey Nude”

Great pun.

26 February 2014
10.07pm
Mr Bellamy
Near Edinburgh
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 427
2431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today at school I was sent on an message to the staff room. As I open the door there was a MASSIVE Paul Mccartney OUT THERE tour poster on the wall, at least 8ft tall. I wonder where they got it from and which one of the teacher is a fan. 

"We can do what we want, we can live as we choose"

26 February 2014
11.26pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2432sp_Permalink sp_Print

I work for a construction company, and this month I just added two new vendors whose names both reminded me of the Beatles.  One company is called McLennon Brothers 🙂  and the other is called Hari Stone 🙂  Cool ahdn_paul_02

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

27 February 2014
1.09am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2433sp_Permalink sp_Print

My one teacher was telling me the other day that he hates Ringo because Ringo is an “aberration from the group, he’s the only one that isn’t superfluously talented,” and apparently Ringo is also the most arrogant of the Beatles. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 February 2014
2.36am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2434sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
My one teacher was telling me the other day that he hates Ringo because Ringo is an “aberration from the group, he’s the only one that isn’t superfluously talented,” and apparently Ringo is also the most arrogant of the Beatles. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Idiot  

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

27 February 2014
3.12am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

More organizing in the home today, with the help of a friend. We listened to the Beatles catalogue on iTunes from the Please Please Me on, which I hadn’t done in months (she’s gone, I’m still listening – now on The White Album ).

As we were working, she told me “back in the day” she was a cocktail waitress at a nightclub here in LA, and she waited on 3 of the 4 Beatles. And they stiffed her on the bill! Not cool for her one Beatle encounter to be a bad one. She said she remembers that night as being the one she didn’t make any money. :-( I asked if it was a pleasant experience up until that point, and she said she was so busy working and taking orders, she didn’t have time to take it in.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

27 February 2014
1.57pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2436sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said
I work for a construction company, and this month I just added two new vendors whose names both reminded me of the Beatles.  One company is called McLennon Brothers 🙂  and the other is called Hari Stone 🙂  Cool ahdn_paul_02

That’s so coincidental it’s actually quite spooky a-hard-days-night-paul-4

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 February 2014
5.15pm
Bungalow Bob
Seattle, Washington
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 354
2437sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

As we were working, she told me “back in the day” she was a cocktail waitress at a nightclub here in LA, and she waited on 3 of the 4 Beatles. And they stiffed her on the bill! Not cool for her one Beatle encounter to be a bad one. She said she remembers that night as being the one she didn’t make any money. :-( I asked if it was a pleasant experience up until that point, and she said she was so busy working and taking orders, she didn’t have time to take it in.

parlance

This made me laugh out loud when I read it. I work as a bartender in a major hotel next to Seattle’s airport, and our clientele consists of a lot of international travelers. It is my understanding that the custom of tipping is not prevelant in the UK, and some visitors from across the pond therefore do not tip when they are in the United States. Many servers I know consider it a “red flag,” as soon as they detect a British accent. That’s not how I roll; I always give the best service to everyone that I can, and I don’t sweat the occasional “stiff.” In my opinion, servers who constantly complain about lousy tippers often don’t deserve a  generous gratuity. I’ve got a few stories about waiting on the rich and famous, but nothing to compare with The Beatles.

Anyway, what I like about this story is that we are left with the mystery of “3 of the 4 Beatles” who stiffed the server. Who were the three? Do we have any clues? Hmm… In the song “Lovely Rita ,” Paul sings “Got the bill, and Rita paid it…” So now we know that Paul is not too quick to pull out his wallet. ;-)

27 February 2014
5.21pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Bungalow Bob said

Anyway, what I like about this story is that we are left with the mystery of “3 of the 4 Beatles” who stiffed the server. Who were the three? Do we have any clues? Hmm… In the song “Lovely Rita ,” Paul sings “Got the bill, and Rita paid it…” So now we know that Paul is not too quick to pull out his wallet. ;-)

Haha, I realized later I should have asked her if by “stiffed” she meant they didn’t pay the bill at all or that they didn’t tip. And, yes, very curious about which of the 3 were involved. I forgot to mention that she did stress that she was bringing over entire bottles to them, not just drinks, so it’s not like they were waiting a long time to get served. :-)

Edit: Your comment reminds me of a group dinner in London where we got horrible service. The argument to tip went right down nationality lines – Brits insisting on not tipping, and Americans wanting to tip very low. I call it “tip guilt.” :-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

27 February 2014
8.43pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2439sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not sure I understand why you would tip. I mean, the staff do get paid, don’t they? So why do they want more? If I’ve had an exceptional service then I would give them some extra, but only in extreme circumstances. I’ve heard that in many places in the US, the tip is already included in the bill. What a cheek! What if you’re not happy with the service?

Just different cultures, I guess.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 February 2014
8.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

fabfouremily said

Just different cultures, I guess.

Yes. I don’t want to get too off topic, so I’ll just link to a page that I think does a good job explaining the US mentality towards tipping.

parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690