Beatley Moments | Page 120 | Yesterday... and today | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Beatley Moments
7 February 2014
9.49am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

My teacher randomly started to talk about Paul and Wings in class yesterday (well, I think there was something in the book which reminded him of them). It woke me up a bit when I heard the name 'Paul Mccarteny'! Apparently he's a big Beatles fan. He seemed so surprised that I'd even heard of them, never mind actaully listen to them :)

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

7 February 2014
7.43pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5515

When I arrived at work, Sirius XM's Deep Tracks was playing Beatles covers. I thought perhaps it was an all-day thing, but it seems it was timed to coincide with the 1:20pm arrival at JFK, which is cool.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

10 February 2014
6.13am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1752

Zig said
This morning while driving to work, I had a Beatles Bibley moment. A car went by me with the following on its license plate:

EX TEX

Coincidentally, I was following behind a car yesterday that had "EX TX" on the license plate. 

Expert Texpert, you have more followers....a-hard-days-night-george-10

10 February 2014
1.12pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5537

Sky999 said

Zig said
This morning while driving to work, I had a Beatles Bibley moment. A car went by me with the following on its license plate:

EX TEX

Coincidentally, I was following behind a car yesterday that had "EX TX" on the license plate. 

Expert Texpert, you have more followers....a-hard-days-night-george-10

That is interesting, Sky999. ASJ, are you on a grand tour of the U.S.? Either that, or you do have lots of fans, Ex Tex.

10 February 2014
4.14pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^  They're stalkers, I'm telling you. Fans try and hide under your bed, not follow you in the car.

You want to watch your back, ExTex. And don't leave your house at night whatever you do!

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

10 February 2014
5.22pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1198

fabfouremily said
^  They're stalkers, I'm telling you. Fans try and hide under your bed, not follow you in the car.

You want to watch your back, ExTex. And don't leave your house at night whatever you do!

Oh, don't worry.  I usually stay in reading a Beatles book and go to bed by 10 pm...or should I be posting these details here?  I don't want to give the "fans" too much information.

"This Beatles talk bores me to death." --John Lennon

10 February 2014
5.24pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

You never know, they could be reading this, planning when to break in. They've got a time now! :)

I'm sure you'll be fine a-hard-days-night-john-7

10 February 2014
5.31pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1198

fabfouremily said
You never know, they could be reading this, planning when to break in. They've got a time now! :)

I'm sure I will.  Beatles fans are all about peace and love, so it will probably be a peaceful kidnapping.

"This Beatles talk bores me to death." --John Lennon

10 February 2014
5.33pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Expert Textpert said

fabfouremily said

I'm sure I will.  Beatles fans are all about peace and love, so it will probably be a peaceful kidnapping.

Never knew such a thing existed! :D

10 February 2014
6.28pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4555

Expert Textpert said

fabfouremily said

"She came in through Ex Tex's window..."a-hard-days-night-paul-4

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

10 February 2014
9.29pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

This reminds me of the part of Geoff Emerick's voice where he tells how Paul was going to kidnap him to make sure they could finish Band on the Run. He had something else he had to do, but they ended up getting it done anyway

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
12 February 2014
4.26pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5515

Quite a few Beatley moments this week, not surprisingly.

* Sunday, I didn't make it to the event at Capitol Records. But I did go to the Beatle singalong group I belong to. And through that, I found out about a pub event that was showing the Grammy tribute on TV, followed by a tribute band called No. 9 (which I missed, I had a kitten to feed).

At the event, I met a woman who didn't see the Beatles in concert, per se, but during the Dodger Stadium concert, her father drove her and her siblings up to the top of the hill at Elysian Park where they sat in the car and listened to the concert. That sounds like a magical next best way to experience it.

* I happened to catch KCSN airing Broken Bells' performance on Letterman.

* I met a woman in the Beatles section at a record store, who had seen the special and was inspired to buy some Beatles CDs. She was old enough to remember the original airing, and her eyes just lit up telling me about it. I helped her with choosing a compilation.

* While at the store, I bought my first Beatle mug! It seems like a necessary rite of passage, and I finally found the perfect one. I love the design!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

12 February 2014
11.54pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

Nothing special, just saw the commercial for the US albums on tv today, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

13 February 2014
5.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

There was a guy on the same train that looked just like John, only blonde and with thicker hair. So strange. For a moment I thought about telling him I thought he looked like John Lennon, but that'd be too weird.

13 February 2014
9.30pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Linde said
There was a guy on the same train that looked just like John, only blonde and with thicker hair. So strange. For a moment I thought about telling him I thought he looked like John Lennon, but that'd be too weird.

I've had people come up to me and tell me I look like Jennifer Aniston before (which I don't even think I do). Well, when I was a bit younger. It is a bit strange, yes.

13 February 2014
9.40pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 136

I was driving home the other night and one of the public radio stations was playing sitar music, so I decided to listen. The very next song was a cover of "Flying". Thought it was pretty cool.

13 February 2014
10.09pm
YouKnowMyName
YouKnowWhere
Royal Command Performance
Forum Posts: 124

In French class we had to write a short essay related to a career. I wrote mine as a letter. "Cher Monsieur ou Madame, vous lirez mon livre? Il m'a pris les années pour écrire, vous jetez un oeil?" and then I went off talking about how my book will make millions and how it's about a dirty man whose wife doesn't understand. I don't know if my teacher will catch the Paperback Writer references, but I got a laugh out of it.

You know my name you know number too
You know my name you know my number
What's up with you?

13 February 2014
10.13pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

YouKnowMyName said
In French class we had to write a short essay related to a career. I wrote mine as a letter. "Cher Monsieur ou Madame, vous lirez mon livre? Il m'a pris les années pour écrire, vous jetez un oeil?" and then I went off talking about how my book will make millions and how it's about a dirty man whose wife doesn't understand. I don't know if my teacher will catch the Paperback Writer references, but I got a laugh out of it.

Ha I used to do that all the time with my Spanish and French essays. First thing I'd think was ''how can I incorporate a reference to one of my favourite bands in here'', and then worry about how to say stuff :)

13 February 2014
10.43pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5537

YouKnowMyName said

I got a laugh out of it too. Let us know if your teacher gets it.

15 February 2014
3.35am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

The figure skater who was just on did a "Beatles Medley"

It had some interesting arrangements, including one that was apparently so different I couldn't tell what it was. The others were Yesterday, Come Together, the one I don't know, In My Life, and The Long And Winding Road.

It was pretty cool

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: AppleScruffJunior, Sugarplum fairy
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10409

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5537

parlance: 5515

Annadog40: 4754

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4555

Mr. Kite: 4315

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3147

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5537, meanmistermustard: 10409, Zig: 4555, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None