Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
27 January 2014
9.49pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2341sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nah – we really don’t have to do anything with that message or the posts.

And besides, what is this “keep” you speak of and how does one earn it? Joe mentioned no “keep”. I want”keep”!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 January 2014
9.55pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2342sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Nah – we really don’t have to do anything with that message or the posts.

And besides, what is this “keep” you speak of and how does one earn it? Joe mentioned no “keep”. I want”keep”!

Us lot keeping you as mod and not starting an uprising and launching a coup.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2014
9.59pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2343sp_Permalink sp_Print

What…and leave all this? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 January 2014
10.04pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2344sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
What…and leave all this? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 

Yeah. You have to earn your keep.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2014
10.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2345sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are mods (Zig, ffe, and Ellie) and there is admin/mod (Joe).

That message, which was the first thing I saw when I was a mod, and asked Joe about, is only for admin, Joe. It allows him to see posts he hasn’t been able to read, and he doesn’t just clear the list, but lets them drop off as he gets time to read them.

Nothing a mod can do affects that number however.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2014
10.46pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 184
2346sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I was listening to the White Album at work today. Went out to the car at lunch to swap out CDs and settled for Sgt Pepper . Having decided to eat in the car, I decided to turn on the radio and they played Sgt Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band and With A Little Help From My Friends back to back.

28 January 2014
12.48am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2347sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve posted a couple of times here about the morning show I listen to on one of the local radio stations, and the fact that at least two of DJs decided they hated all of the album NEW just based on hearing the choruses for the title song and “Queenie Eye .” Well, today, the entertainment news guy admitted that after seeing Paul last night, he’s come around about “Queenie Eye ,” and it’s grown on him, much to the dismay of one of the other DJs. He keeps thinking the song’s called “Queenie Pie,” though.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

28 January 2014
2.51pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
2348sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just finished teaching library search strategies to one of our Public Speaking classes. One of the speeches required each semester for that course is an “event” speech. So, I told the class that I would come back to hear the speech if anyone of them would do the event “the sacking of Pete Best”. The class professor went nuts. “You have really hit on a good one this time. Can anyone say…Richard Starkey?”

I also got the class to take this note down: February 9 CBS 7 p.m.
I told them to watch the show because it would be good for their souls. Prof totally backed me up. Cool prof! I’ll have to get to know him better.

29 January 2014
4.20am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2349sp_Permalink sp_Print

Right after I logged out a moment ago, I looked at the bottom of the page to see that none of us were logged in by name, but we had *64* guests on the site.

Really logging off for the night now.

29 January 2014
6.30pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2350sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Right after I logged out a moment ago, I looked at the bottom of the page to see that none of us were logged in by name, but we had *64* guests on the site.

Really logging off for the night now.

Probably because it was 4.20 am! (or at least that’s the time it’s telling me you posted – is that my time though?)

I always wonder who these mysterious guests are who just watch the conversation from the sidelines. I think I signed up within five minutes of coming across this place!

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 January 2014
6.41pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2351sp_Permalink sp_Print

A local grocery store I frequent has played Beatles songs 3 out of the last 4 times I have been there!  First time was “Please, Please Me”.  Second time was “Love Me Do ” and yesterday it was “Taxman “!! 🙂  Very cool!  paul-mccartney

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

29 January 2014
6.47pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2352sp_Permalink sp_Print

I heard a kind of classical version of Come Together in a shop the other day. It sounded so different it took me a while to realise why I sort of recognised it. It’s like I knew the words but I didn’t know where from and they didn’t seem to match the music! :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 January 2014
7.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2353sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said
A local grocery store I frequent has played Beatles songs 3 out of the last 4 times I have been there!  First time was “Please, Please Me”.  Second time was “Love Me Do ” and yesterday it was “Taxman “!! 🙂  Very cool!  paul-mccartney

I want to hang out there for like all their opening hours for 4 days in a row and see what all gets played. Guess I need to whip my passport out.

You might have to make it a point to meet the store manager. Ooooo, wonder if he/she is on the forum, and we just don’t know who it is.

29 January 2014
7.18pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2354sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

HeyTrud said

I want to hang out there for like all their opening hours for 4 days in a row and see what all gets played. Guess I need to whip my passport out.

You might have to make it a point to meet the store manager. Ooooo, wonder if he/she is on the forum, and we just don’t know who it is.

Come on up, AG! a-hard-days-night-george-10  You may want to wait a few months until we thaw out in the Great White North tho! a-hard-days-night-george-10

I want to hang out there too!  Wouldn’t it be cool if the manager was on BB?!!  Anyone here manage a grocery store in Edmonton?!

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

29 January 2014
8.45pm
YouKnowMyName
YouKnowWhere
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 122
2355sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to a corner shop the other day really late at night for a sandwich after a tennis lesson. I, my mother, sister and about three employees were the only ones there. This guy was taking forever to make my sub so we were wandering around when–all of a sudden…I hear the opening to Paperback Writer on the radio. I got so excited and Mum looked at me rather quizzically because I jumped up and down a bit with a smile and ran over to my sis, nudged her, and pointed upwards (not even sure if the speakers were on the ceiling?). She ignored me because she was on her mobile. Then I proceeded to sing; “and he wants to be a paperback writer…paperback writerrrr!!!” in an otherwise quiet convenience store. The song ended (finally the guy was done with my sub) and I left quietly with my fam and sat back in the car. They got a free performance. I did a splendid job of course. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10 brian-epstein

You know my name you know number too
You know my name you know my number
What's up with you?

30 January 2014
9.45pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2356sp_Permalink sp_Print

This morning while driving to work, I had a Beatles Bibley moment. A car went by me with the following on its license plate:

EX TEX

30 January 2014
10.09pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2357sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
This morning while driving to work, I had a Beatles Bibley moment. A car went by me with the following on its license plate:

EX TEX

heart

30 January 2014
10.26pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
2358sp_Permalink sp_Print

Uh….that wasn’t me!  Maybe a fan?

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

31 January 2014
8.15pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2359sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

A fan? My first thought was maybe a stalker, but there you go. Glad to hear you’re not worried :) apple01

(Passover - I. Curtis)

31 January 2014
8.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2360sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Expert Textpert said

A fan? My first thought was maybe a stalker, but there you go. Glad to hear you’re not worried :) apple01

Well, now we know he does overreact to anything. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10 One of those calm and calming people who roam the Earth.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694