Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Beatley Moments
4 December 2013
8.43pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 512

Your daughter chose a "John" song to learn. Any of your children fancy the drums? You could have the complete set within your happy little family.

She didn't "choose" a John song, Ahhh Girl…."Twist & Shout" is part of their curriculum a-hard-days-night-john-1 so it was chosen for her.  I would definitely try and persuade her towards a Paul song!  paul-mccartney (if I could)!   Nope, no drummers in the family…4 kids who all play guitar and my daughter plays piano too.

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

4 December 2013
10.03pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3347

HeyTrud said

Your daughter chose a "John" song to learn. Any of your children fancy the drums? You could have the complete set within your happy little family.

She didn't "choose" a John song, Ahhh Girl…."Twist & Shout" is part of their curriculum a-hard-days-night-john-1 so it was chosen for her.  I would definitely try and persuade her towards a Paul song!  paul-mccartney (if I could)!   Nope, no drummers in the family…4 kids who all play guitar and my daughter plays piano too.

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette :-) , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

4 December 2013
10.21pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park

Ahhh Girl said

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette  :) , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Another Paulette growin'! a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ummm…I think I will keep her out of the PM's for life!!  paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_02

4 December 2013
10.27pm
Ahhh Girl

HeyTrud said

Ahhh Girl said

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette  :) , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Another Paulette growin'! a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ummm…I think I will keep her out of the PM's for life!!  paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_02

hehehehe.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

4 December 2013
10.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1476

Was in a kiosk this afternoon to get a comic book for my brother but I took a moment to look at the music related magazines. All of them had a bit about the Beatles. All four of them had something about either the Lewisohn book, the Live At The BBC project or about Paul. I didn't buy any of them. Why are magazines so goddamn expensive?

4 December 2013
10.54pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7192

I don't buy magazines nowadays as, like you Linde, i find them expensive. Especially when it 8 pages for £4.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
5 December 2013
2.36am
Ahhh Girl

Hubby was at the thrift shop on post today and saw "The Beatles in Their Own Words: a Rockumentary" 5 cd set and just had to buy it for me. a-hard-days-night-john-6

5 December 2013
3.26am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1732

HeyTrud said

Ahhh Girl said

Maybe til she is old enough. How old is she?

This is one of my Beatle moments from last Friday at a Chinese restaurant. 
It reminded me of Happiness Is A Warm Gun, so I got a chuckle out of it. 

My other Beatle moment was when I was watching a action movie dealing with like military and government stuff. During one of the scenes they said "Code 9-9-9! Code 9-9-9!"

5 December 2013
2.24pm
Ahhh Girl

Sky999 said

My other Beatle moment was when I was watching a action movie dealing with like military and government stuff. During one of the scenes they said "Code 9-9-9! Code 9-9-9!"

Quick, get the Beatles in here. Love is all we need to solve this seething cauldron of a problem.

5 December 2013
2.30pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7192

Sky999 said 

This is one of my Beatle moments from last Friday at a Chinese restaurant. 
It reminded me of Happiness Is A Warm Gun, so I got a chuckle out of it. 

I thought it was the taking part that matters not the winning. 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
6 December 2013
4.49am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

My husband surprised me buying Live At The BBC 2 as an extra birthday gift. We had already order the remaster version of Live At The BBC for my birthday (which came into today from Amazon), but he decided after work to get me the other one as well. 

6 December 2013
5.10am
Ahhh Girl

Sky999 said
My husband surprised me buying Live At The BBC 2 as an extra birthday gift. We had already order the remaster version of Live At The BBC for my birthday (which came into today from Amazon), but he decided after work to get me the other one as well. 

Happy Birthday and congrats on your extra present.

6 December 2013
5.19am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Happy Birthday and congrats on your extra present.

Technically early birthday (my birthday isn't till Saturday), but thank you x2. :)  

6 December 2013
2.26pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park

Happy EARLY Birthday, Sky!  How cool about your early b-day gift.  I LOVE BBC2!  Been listening to it for a week solid now :)

And re: my daughter reading PM's…..she's only 13, so again – not for a Long, Long, Long, Long, Long, Long time!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

6 December 2013
2.31pm
Ahhh Girl

HeyTrud said
Happy EARLY Birthday, Sky!  How cool about your early b-day gift.  I LOVE BBC2!  Been listening to it for a week solid now :)

And re: my daughter reading PM's…..she's only 13, so again – not for a Long, Long, Long, Long, Long, Long time!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

HeyTrud, maybe you can make reading the PM's her birthday present when she turns 18 as some kind of initiation into womanhood. Do you think the two of you would grow closer if you did let her do that? That would be a Beatley moment between the two of you.

6 December 2013
2.47pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Thank you Trud :)

It depends if her daughter becomes a Paulette, Ahhh Girl, otherwise she might be creeped out.

6 December 2013
3.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Sky999 said
Thank you Trud :)

It depends if her daughter becomes a Paulette, Ahhh Girl, otherwise she might be creeped out.

True. HeyTrud is doing her best to raise a Paulette, but sometimes those things don't work out as planned.

6 December 2013
4.25pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

Just saw the ad for Good 'Ol Freda on the telly, I'm excited that and grr George a-hard-days-night-george-10 (leave me alone I'm 15 :P )

Was skimming through the Ordinary Level Irish book and saw the lads had a comprehension in it. According to the book The Beatles are "the biggest band of all time" can't say I disagree :)

"When I'm 64" was on a documentary about the elderly with Alzheimer's on the telly

My friend got me a Beatles boxset DVDs for Christmas, I hope I don't have it already, if so Secret Santa anyone? a-hard-days-night-george-10

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

6 December 2013
4.49pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3650

Since it's that time of year (including for yours truly):

Finals

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

6 December 2013
5.17pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park

True. HeyTrud is doing her best to raise a Paulette, but sometimes those things don't work out as planned.

That's right!  I'm doing my best!!  The PM's could be a nice, Beatley Moment & initiation into womanhood at 18!! a-hard-days-night-george-10  Stay tuned…..

Good luck on your Finals to all!!  apple01heart

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: IveJustSeenAFaceo, Musketeer Gripweed (kezron9), Sour Milk Sea, Mr. Kite
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Mr Bellamy, Linde

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7192

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3650

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1958

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3059

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3347), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3210), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3210)