Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
20 November 2013
5.20am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2201sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
I did go with the boxed set. And I love it so much that now I don’t know what I was thinking with the hemming and hawing.

When I arrived home, The Fifth Beatle was awaiting me. It’s been a very Beatley day.

parlance

Awesome news – sounds like a great day to be a Beatles fan :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 November 2013
6.08am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

trcanberra said

parlance said
I did go with the boxed set. And I love it so much that now I don’t know what I was thinking with the hemming and hawing.

When I arrived home, The Fifth Beatle was awaiting me. It’s been a very Beatley day.

parlance

Awesome news – sounds like a great day to be a Beatles fan :)

:-D And I’d forgotten about one other thing – at the store, there’s a wall for postings for upcoming concerts. And one of them was for a band called Beware of Darkness!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

20 November 2013
8.20pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2203sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m doing some shoe shopping and I’ve come across a range called LENNON. Of course my mind immediately flicked to…

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 November 2013
4.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
2204sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I’m doing some shoe shopping and I’ve come across a range called LENNON. Of course my mind immediately flicked to…

So, I just had to Google “lennon shoes” and this is what I see JOHN LENNON SHOES

41ZW6DCPAAL.jpgImage Enlarger

John Lennon Men’s Yesterday Oxford

41A1rDScFUL._SL190_SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

John Lennon Men’s Dr. Robert Slip-On

41xPvQ9TKAL._SL190_SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

John Lennon Men’s Lucy Lace-Up

41L50ChDShL._SL190_SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

John Lennon Men’s Revolution Sneaker

21 November 2013
5.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2205sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I wonder why there isn’t an Imagine all white shoe. And i want a pair just so i can walk in John’s shoes. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 November 2013
5.30pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2206sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I wonder why there isn’t an Imagine all white shoe. And i want a pair just so i can walk in John’s shoes. 

My supervisor’s first observation was that the toes were long and pointy.

Would Yoko had to have approved the use of John’s name for these shoes? Surely so.

21 November 2013
5.39pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

My supervisor’s first observation was that the toes were long and pointy.

Would Yoko had to have approved the use of John’s name for these shoes? Surely so.

If she hadn’t you can bet a lawsuit would have been sent out to kick out selling any more of the shoes. That’s a shoo-in.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 November 2013
4.18am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

The Grammy Museum is offering free tickets to members to see Ringo in Vegas both nights this weekend, but I just got booked on a job on Saturday. Funny thing is my boss is the one I’d talked into flying up to see Paul at Outside Lands.

In a moment of insanity, I tried to work out how I might fly out and fly right back on a red eye, but I don’t know if I can catch the flight out in time, and it’s just too expensive to book just two days in advance.

I’m extremely happy to be working, just the timing was blah. Sometimes these things seem to happen just to test my sense of priorities. :->

Edit: Holy grammatical errors (since fixed) I think I was half-asleep when I wrote this. Also, I reread the Grammy email and apparently tickets only went to the first member to respond. So I feel better I’m not missing out on anything. Priorities remain very much intact. :-D Hopefully Ringo will perform in LA again sometime soon.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

22 November 2013
5.52pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

There were two articles last night on Yahoo about The Beatles. The one I read was the role The Beatles played in the aftermath of Kennedy. Would they have been as big in America had JFK lived?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/m…..35017.html

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/m…..50858.html

22 November 2013
5.59pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

Sky999 said
There two articles last night on Yahoo about The Beatles. The one I read was the role The Beatles played in the aftermath of Kennedy. Would they have been as big in America had JFK lived?

Yes, but the fact that they invaded an America still recovering from losing JFK can not be overstated. JFK was a hero especially amongst the younger generation because he wasn’t one of the stodgy old-timers like Eisenhower and Truman before him, he was a youthful President (46 when he died?) and much more so than now today, a President was revered. So losing JFK was like seeing your future get wiped out. So those teenagers were sad, disillusioned, losing for something to make them smile again… and right on cue, here come the moptops and the guitars and the goofy charm the Beatles had in abundance. Again, I still think the Beatles would have hit it huge even if JFK was still alive (c’mon, once you hear the energetic “I Want To Hold Your Hand ,” are you really still listening to Bobby Vinton?), but the fact that they came in when America was at its saddest and most morose was the perfect storm for the Fabs.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

22 November 2013
6.16pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2211sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

Sky999 said
There two articles last night on Yahoo about The Beatles. The one I read was the role The Beatles played in the aftermath of Kennedy. Would they have been as big in America had JFK lived?

Yes, but the fact that they invaded an America still recovering from losing JFK can not be overstated. JFK was a hero especially amongst the younger generation because he wasn’t one of the stodgy old-timers like Eisenhower and Truman before him, he was a youthful President (46 when he died?) and much more so than now today, a President was revered. So losing JFK was like seeing your future get wiped out. So those teenagers were sad, disillusioned, losing for something to make them smile again… and right on cue, here come the moptops and the guitars and the goofy charm the Beatles had in abundance. Again, I still think the Beatles would have hit it huge even if JFK was still alive (c’mon, once you hear the energetic “I Want To Hold Your Hand ,” are you really still listening to Bobby Vinton?), but the fact that they came in when America was at its saddest and most morose was the perfect storm for the Fabs.

Exactlyheart

22 November 2013
6.41pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2212sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, those weren’t the shoes I was looking at buying for myself :) That would mean I’d have some explaining to do… ahdn_paul_02

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 November 2013
10.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

^ Emilio? a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 November 2013
3.10pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2214sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aahh you got me…. Umm… yes? :D

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 November 2013
4.35pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2215sp_Permalink sp_Print

Perhaps these William Lennon & Co work boots were the ones you were looking at, Emily.

P1080784%20copy-list.jpgImage Enlarger

I’m just messing with you, Emily. a-hard-days-night-john-6

These Lennon ones are really nice.

1172523-64x64-05.jpg

23 November 2013
6.01pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2216sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching Top Gear today and Jeremy Clarkson was how saying how strange it was that Richard Hammond was 45 and didn’t have a single grey hair, he suspected he was dying it cue the line “He’s like Paul McCartney isn’t he?” :P

Location, Location, Location is on the telly atm and they are in Liverpool and there are loads of Beatle mentions a-hard-days-night-john-6

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 November 2013
7.35pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

I’ve mentioned before that we have group presentations in my history of rock class. On Tuesday, the computer was acting up, so the professor ended up borrowing my laptop and hooking it up to the projector so other students could give their presentations.

While our professor was evaluating the last presentation, my screen saver popped up, which I’d forgotten about. So now the whole class knows my screen saver is a photo of Paul with Sgt. Pudsey, which caused a few giggles. :-P

parlance

28 November 2013
8.22pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2218sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Aww, so cute. Paul and Pudsey together :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 December 2013
1.59pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2219sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turned on CNN for the news and The Beatles are on a preview show. They have had both had Freda & Ringo features and they are currently looking at the Fifth Beatle book and Brian’s role in the Beatles (tho they can’t pronounce his surname right – its pronounced Ep-stine not Ep-steen).

2 December 2013
7.20pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2220sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve heard other people (not American) pronounce it like that. It doesn’t sound right to me.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691