Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
9 November 2013
3.19pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Sky666 said
Went to a tribute concert tonight. 

Were they any good?

Yes, they were. :) They are called 1964: The Tribute and they have been doing this for 30+ years. 

I also got a kick out of the old people dancing. During “Twist And Shout ” there was this guy raising his cane up in the air while twisting. My husband and I were one of the few young people there; however, it was great to hearing their stories about actually seeing The Beatles. This one lady still has her ticket subs from the concerts. 

9 November 2013
5.14pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2182sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky666 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky666 said
Went to a tribute concert tonight. 

Were they any good?

Yes, they were. :) They are called 1964: The Tribute and they have been doing this for 30+ years. 

I also got a kick out of the old people dancing. During “Twist And Shout ” there was this guy raising his cane up in the air while twisting. My husband and I were one of the few young people there; however, it was great to hearing their stories about actually seeing The Beatles. This one lady still has her ticket subs from the concerts. 

Lol, I saw a Beatles tribute band a couple years ago, and it was old people galore there, too. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

11 November 2013
1.42am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

This afternoon, I was driving down Melrose and I suddenly spotted this wall-sized painting of Paul’s NEW album. This wall is across the street from a high school and routinely gets used to plug albums, but never would I have imagined Paul’s album showing up there.

As I stopped to take the photo, a biker dude parked his motorcycle in front of me. And he looked at me shooting, and then the wall, and said, “Paul McCartney , huh? Haven’t heard that name in a while.” Then he asked me if the album was new, if it was good and if it was like his old stuff. I told him some songs sounded like old stuff, but a lot of it is very modern. And then he said, “I’ll have to check that out, because I like him.” :-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

11 November 2013
3.25am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2184sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
This afternoon, I was driving down Melrose and I suddenly spotted this wall-sized painting of Paul’s NEW album. This wall is across the street from a high school and routinely gets used to plug albums, but never would I have imagined Paul’s album showing up there.

As I stopped to take the photo, a biker dude parked his motorcycle in front of me. And he looked at me shooting, and then the wall, and said, “Paul McCartney , huh? Haven’t heard that name in a while.” Then he asked me if the album was new, if it was good and if it was like his old stuff. I told him some song sounded like old stuff, but a lot of it is very modern. And then he said, “I’ll have to check that out, because I like him.” :-D

parlance

Glad you were in the right place at the right time a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

11 November 2013
7.31pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2185sp_Permalink sp_Print

TwoAfter908 said
^Speaking of that, I went to see the Fab Four in Albany two weeks ago. There was a mosh pit of old ladies dancing togerther in an aisle about ten rows in front of me.

Was it the Fab Faux? In Albany NY? If so, it had to be at the Palace Theater, correct?

Sky666 said 
Went to a tribute concert tonight.  They are called 1964: The Tribute and they have been doing this for 30+ years. 

My brother has seen that show – he said it was great.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 November 2013
10.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2186sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have I Know What You Did Last Summer playing thru in the background and a cover of Hey Bulldog came on. No idea who the artist is but a nice thing to hear.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 November 2013
10.37pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2187sp_Permalink sp_Print

The wonderfully named Toad the Wet Sprocket. I think it’s a great version:

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 November 2013
10.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2188sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Cool. Thanks for that. It’s got a good beat to it so you can’t help tapping your foot along to it and getting involved in the song. Always the sign of a good song/cover.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 November 2013
7.11pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

My husband’s friend had been fixing something with super glue. “I got glue on me fingers!”, he said. I replied, “Well, at least it is not blisters on me fingers”. He said, “You’re one of the few people to catch that reference and joke.” a-hard-days-night-john-6 

13 November 2013
7.57pm
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 199
2190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky666 said
My husband’s friend had been fixing something with super glue. “I got glue on me fingers!”, he said. I replied, “Well, at least is not blisters on me fingers”. He said, “You’re one of the few people to catch that reference and joke.” a-hard-days-night-john-6 

I am also like that. When ever someone says something “beatlely” i make a reference to it. Like early today I saw a sign, and it read, “In case of emergency, come together and follow the the plan,” or something like that. But I caught come together though. 

If children are studying the 20th century, I'm in their text books.

- Paul McCartney

16 November 2013
2.52am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

A (very young) classmate was helping with a project, and I asked her to give Paul’s “Appreciate” a listen. She loved it (and loved it even more when I told her he plays on the song a guitar given to him by Johnny Depp).

After the song was over, though, she asked in all seriousness, “What is he, now, 90?”

Me: “…”

She: “Well, it was just so long ago, it seems like he should be 110.”

Also, that “New” mural across the street from the high school has already been painted over. The only thing left this evening was his name.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

16 November 2013
3.01am
When Im 64
USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 199
2192sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
A (very young) classmate was helping with a project, and I asked her to give Paul’s “Appreciate” a listen. She loved it (and loved it even more when I told her he plays a guitar given to him by Johnny Depp on the song).

After the song was over, though, she asked in all seriousness, “What is he, now, 90?”

Me: “…”

She: “Well, it was just so long ago, it seems like he should be 110.”

Also, that “New” mural across the street from the high school has already been painted over. The only thing left this evening was his name.

parlance

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

If children are studying the 20th century, I'm in their text books.

- Paul McCartney

17 November 2013
10.09pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2193sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was walking the dog and I walked across a restaurant which has speakers outside. As I passed by Hey Jude came on. I just stood there and watched the windows of all the shops near to it while quietly singing along.

18 November 2013
12.09am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
I was walking the dog and I walked across a restaurant which has speakers outside. As I passed by Hey Jude came on. I just stood there and watched the windows of all the shops near to it while quietly singing along.

:-) a warm, fuzzy moment indeed.

20 November 2013
1.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2195sp_Permalink sp_Print

Found out I won a shopping spree at a record store! Trying to figure out what to get. I’d love to spend it all on a used deluxe Ram box set I’ve had my eye on, but I feel like I should be more “practical” and get smaller things like BBC Vol. 2 and Magical Mystery Tour on DVD. What would you do?

parlance

20 November 2013
1.38am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2196sp_Permalink sp_Print

I say go expensive and enjoy it. You might find you have a few spare bucks to afford On Air 2 or MMT down the line but how often will you have the cash to persuade yourself to get the Deluxe Ram

And congratulationsapple01 How did you win it?

20 November 2013
1.44am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another vote for deluxe RAM.

20 November 2013
1.54am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Thanks, guys! Based on the fact I haven’t let go of it since I got here while I browse, I think that’ll be my decision. It would make me *very* happy!

It was a drawing. Almost forgot I’d entered, but I remember having a weird feeling at the time I might win. And this was out of 7000 entries!

It’s actually the second time I’ve won something here and that was Beatle-related too. But that’s another story.

Thanks again for your advice and congrats!

parlance

20 November 2013
2.24am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Another vote for deluxe RAM.

Same here – so far that is the only deluxe one I am still thinking of getting one day.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 November 2013
5.11am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2200sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did go with the boxed set. And I love it so much that now I don’t know what I was thinking with the hemming and hawing.

When I arrived home, The Fifth Beatle was awaiting me. It’s been a very Beatley day.

parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690