Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
3 November 2013
6.31pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2161sp_Permalink sp_Print

OMYGOD. I only found out about this now, but..

I was talking to my sister. We were listening to Happiness Is A Warm Gun and she said it sounded so familiar, she swore she had heard it before. Then I said the same about Honey Pie . I said it reminded me of my childhood because it was used in some commercial or something. She then told me it was used in a show we used to watch, called ”Taarten van Abel”, in English ”Abel’s pies” in which children get to bake pies for someone and tell their story that goes with it. Honey Pie WAS THE THEMESONG OF THAT SHOW. I only found out NOW, like 15 years later!

3 November 2013
6.33pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2162sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ So the Beatles have always been with you a-hard-days-night-paul-5heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 November 2013
6.40pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2163sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Idea for Abbey Road competition

I’m watching an Irish-historyish programme called ‘Reeling In The Years’ last year it was ’63 now it’s ’64. My mother called me in last Sunday, saying “Katie look who’s on the telly”, which involved me running in straight after a shower, robe-clad to see the Beatles Irish interview on the telly, it was worth it :) This week, right at the start of the programme they showed the lads landing at JFK, a bit of an interview and ‘I Feel Fine ‘ was playing, what a lovely Sunday a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

4 November 2013
4.06pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh that’s not the first time I’ve heard them. My parents have been listening to them since before I was even a..well you know. I always wonder what the first actual song was that I’ve heard by them.

Aw that’s sweet. My mom always does that too whenever there’s some Beatles related thing on telly. Even if it’s just a music video, she’ll send me a whatsapp message. Even when I’m already asleep. I love that.

6 November 2013
3.24pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2165sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was just watching this tv programme set in 1966, and in it there’s this doctor who gives drugs to his ill patients. His name? Well, Robert, of course! Think one of the producing people must be a fan :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 November 2013
1.58pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2166sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mom just enthousiastically told me she saw All These Years in the window of our local bookshop. YAY. I got all excited, that’s pretty sad isn’t it?

7 November 2013
2.42pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I fail to see why. If i see anything Beatles in a shop it fills me with a “Yah!”. I generally even go in, look happily, see the price tag, balk at the price, look again, walk right back out. Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 November 2013
3.10pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212

Linde said
My mom just enthousiastically told me she saw All These Years in the window of our local bookshop. YAY. I got all excited, that’s pretty sad isn’t it?

Just a guess, but perhaps she was gauging your reaction to see if you want it as a present?

7 November 2013
3.13pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2169sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

That reminds me, I kept meaning to post that when I went to Bloomingdales for the Lewisohn sighting, I got to see up close and personally the insane markup on the Beatles memorabilia. The $10 socks my friend gave me were the cheapest things there – the other pairs were $20. Even the wallet was $75. I’ll wait for the sales if I bother at all.

Also, oddly enough, all the tshirts were only to be found in the men’s section. I suppose those are unisex, but it was odd.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

7 November 2013
6.52pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2170sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought a John t-shirt at the Beatles shop in Liverpool a few months ago, then got it home and realised it’s meant to be for men. I still wear it though. The only difference is it’s a bit long on me and the collar comes up higher.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 November 2013
7.32pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2171sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mam’s friends daughter came down to my house today with an unofficial Beatles 2014 calender, for no reason what so ever. She just gave it to me, not that I complained or anything :P It was just a bit random she said they were up in Derry (Northern Ireland) saw it and thought of me, I never told them I was a Beatles fan, I expect my mother is raving about her mental Beatles-addict of a daughter a-hard-days-night-george-10

I was in the school library today and picked up the Guinness Book Of Records 2001, apparently John has (or had in 2001) used the most ‘fake’ names (I don’t know what word they used to describe it) with 15 e.g Dr. Winston O’ Boogie. Quite a sad fact was the ‘living celebrity who used the most fake names’ was George, a bit of a downer reading that but George is tied with Prince which is pretty cool. 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 November 2013
11.01pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2172sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m watching Call The Midwife. A nun came into the room to ask the midwife, “Oh, could you take over with Mrs. Lennon?”. 

8 November 2013
11.12am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2173sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I bought a John t-shirt at the Beatles shop in Liverpool a few months ago, then got it home and realised it’s meant to be for men. I still wear it though. The only difference is it’s a bit long on me and the collar comes up higher.

Yeah, what does it really matter? I have hoodies that are actually for men. I love them, they’re so big and comfy. I hate that men shirts have higher collars though. I’ve got a men-shirt too and I hardly ever wear it.

Yeah I think she’d like to give it to me for Sinterklaas, as the standard edition’s price is alright, but she knows I’d rather have the extended one and she certainly won’t buy that for me. Maybe I could ask for a giftvoucher for a bookstore or bol.com

8 November 2013
11.30am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2174sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Indeed.  My son ‘accidentally’ ‘borrowed’ one of my daughter’s Japanese manga t-shirts and looks great in it.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 November 2013
1.09pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2175sp_Permalink sp_Print

It don’t come easy came on on one of these music channels on tv yesterday. That was cool, as you hardly ever see Ringo anywhere. George too, now I come to think of it

8 November 2013
8.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2176sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a meeting today in a part of the state I have never been to before. I passed this ranch on my drive. Being for the Benefit of Mr.

Image Enlarger

8 November 2013
9.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was listening to the Deep Tracks station on Sirius XM at work, and they had a set of Paul’s “Dear Boy ” followed by George’s “Wreck of the Hesperus” followed by John’s “Tight A$” followed by Ringo’s “Fading In & Fading Out” and ending with that mix from “Love” that starts with “Drive My Car .” It was unannounced, so it was cool to recognize the pattern.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

9 November 2013
4.41am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to a tribute concert tonight. 

9 November 2013
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2179sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky666 said
Went to a tribute concert tonight. 

Were they any good?

9 November 2013
1.40pm
TwoAfter908
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 230
2180sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Speaking of that, I went to see the Fab Four in Albany two weeks ago. There was a mosh pit of old ladies dancing togerther in an aisle about ten rows in front of me.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691