Beatley Moments | Page 109 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
No permission to create posts
3 November 2013
6.31pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2627
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2161sp_Permalink

OMYGOD. I only found out about this now, but..

I was talking to my sister. We were listening to Happiness Is A Warm Gun and she said it sounded so familiar, she swore she had heard it before. Then I said the same about Honey Pie. I said it reminded me of my childhood because it was used in some commercial or something. She then told me it was used in a show we used to watch, called ''Taarten van Abel'', in English ''Abel's pies'' in which children get to bake pies for someone and tell their story that goes with it. Honey Pie WAS THE THEMESONG OF THAT SHOW. I only found out NOW, like 15 years later!

3 November 2013
6.40pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3475
2163sp_Permalink

^ Idea for Abbey Road competition

I'm watching an Irish-historyish programme called 'Reeling In The Years' last year it was '63 now it's '64. My mother called me in last Sunday, saying "Katie look who's on the telly", which involved me running in straight after a shower, robe-clad to see the Beatles Irish interview on the telly, it was worth it :) This week, right at the start of the programme they showed the lads landing at JFK, a bit of an interview and 'I Feel Fine' was playing, what a lovely Sunday a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!                  *** Make Love, Not Wardrobes!                 *** "Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
7 November 2013
2.42pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17110

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I fail to see why. If i see anything Beatles in a shop it fills me with a "Yah!". I generally even go in, look happily, see the price tag, balk at the price, look again, walk right back out. Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
7 November 2013
3.13pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7092
2169sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said

Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

That reminds me, I kept meaning to post that when I went to Bloomingdales for the Lewisohn sighting, I got to see up close and personally the insane markup on the Beatles memorabilia. The $10 socks my friend gave me were the cheapest things there - the other pairs were $20. Even the wallet was $75. I'll wait for the sales if I bother at all.

Also, oddly enough, all the tshirts were only to be found in the men's section. I suppose those are unisex, but it was odd.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

8 November 2013
8.17pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10708
8 November 2013
9.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7092
2177sp_Permalink

Was listening to the Deep Tracks station on Sirius XM at work, and they had a set of Paul's "Dear Boy" followed by George's "Wreck of the Hesperus" followed by John's "Tight A$" followed by Ringo's "Fading In & Fading Out" and ending with that mix from "Love" that starts with "Drive My Car." It was unannounced, so it was cool to recognize the pattern.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

9 November 2013
4.41am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1927
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, Annadog40, georgiewood, Silly Girl
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: