Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Beatley Moments
4 November 2013
4.06pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1476

Oh that's not the first time I've heard them. My parents have been listening to them since before I was even a..well you know. I always wonder what the first actual song was that I've heard by them.

Aw that's sweet. My mom always does that too whenever there's some Beatles related thing on telly. Even if it's just a music video, she'll send me a whatsapp message. Even when I'm already asleep. I love that.

6 November 2013
3.24pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

I was just watching this tv programme set in 1966, and in it there's this doctor who gives drugs to his ill patients. His name? Well, Robert, of course! Think one of the producing people must be a fan :)

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

7 November 2013
1.58pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

My mom just enthousiastically told me she saw All These Years in the window of our local bookshop. YAY. I got all excited, that's pretty sad isn't it?

7 November 2013
2.42pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7181

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I fail to see why. If i see anything Beatles in a shop it fills me with a "Yah!". I generally even go in, look happily, see the price tag, balk at the price, look again, walk right back out. Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
7 November 2013
3.10pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3338

Linde said
My mom just enthousiastically told me she saw All These Years in the window of our local bookshop. YAY. I got all excited, that's pretty sad isn't it?

Just a guess, but perhaps she was gauging your reaction to see if you want it as a present?

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

7 November 2013
3.13pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3644

meanmistermustard said

Once saw a Rubber Soul shoulder bag which was stunning, cost way more than i was ever going to consider paying tho.

That reminds me, I kept meaning to post that when I went to Bloomingdales for the Lewisohn sighting, I got to see up close and personally the insane markup on the Beatles memorabilia. The $10 socks my friend gave me were the cheapest things there – the other pairs were $20. Even the wallet was $75. I'll wait for the sales if I bother at all.

Also, oddly enough, all the tshirts were only to be found in the men's section. I suppose those are unisex, but it was odd.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

7 November 2013
6.52pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

I bought a John t-shirt at the Beatles shop in Liverpool a few months ago, then got it home and realised it's meant to be for men. I still wear it though. The only difference is it's a bit long on me and the collar comes up higher.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

7 November 2013
7.32pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

My mam's friends daughter came down to my house today with an unofficial Beatles 2014 calender, for no reason what so ever. She just gave it to me, not that I complained or anything :P It was just a bit random she said they were up in Derry (Northern Ireland) saw it and thought of me, I never told them I was a Beatles fan, I expect my mother is raving about her mental Beatles-addict of a daughter a-hard-days-night-george-10

I was in the school library today and picked up the Guinness Book Of Records 2001, apparently John has (or had in 2001) used the most 'fake' names (I don't know what word they used to describe it) with 15 e.g Dr. Winston O' Boogie. Quite a sad fact was the 'living celebrity who used the most fake names' was George, a bit of a downer reading that but George is tied with Prince which is pretty cool. 

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

7 November 2013
11.01pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1732

I'm watching Call The Midwife. A nun came into the room to ask the midwife, "Oh, could you take over with Mrs. Lennon?". 

8 November 2013
11.12am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
I bought a John t-shirt at the Beatles shop in Liverpool a few months ago, then got it home and realised it's meant to be for men. I still wear it though. The only difference is it's a bit long on me and the collar comes up higher.

Yeah, what does it really matter? I have hoodies that are actually for men. I love them, they're so big and comfy. I hate that men shirts have higher collars though. I've got a men-shirt too and I hardly ever wear it.

Yeah I think she'd like to give it to me for Sinterklaas, as the standard edition's price is alright, but she knows I'd rather have the extended one and she certainly won't buy that for me. Maybe I could ask for a giftvoucher for a bookstore or bol.com

8 November 2013
11.30am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1394

^ Indeed.  My son 'accidentally' 'borrowed' one of my daughter's Japanese manga t-shirts and looks great in it.

8 November 2013
1.09pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

It don't come easy came on on one of these music channels on tv yesterday. That was cool, as you hardly ever see Ringo anywhere. George too, now I come to think of it

8 November 2013
8.17pm
Ahhh Girl

I had a meeting today in a part of the state I have never been to before. I passed this ranch on my drive. Being for the Benefit of Mr.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

8 November 2013
9.58pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Was listening to the Deep Tracks station on Sirius XM at work, and they had a set of Paul's "Dear Boy" followed by George's "Wreck of the Hesperus" followed by John's "Tight A$" followed by Ringo's "Fading In & Fading Out" and ending with that mix from "Love" that starts with "Drive My Car." It was unannounced, so it was cool to recognize the pattern.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

9 November 2013
4.41am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Went to a tribute concert tonight. 

9 November 2013
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl

Sky666 said

Were they any good?

9 November 2013
1.40pm
TwoAfter908
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 218

^Speaking of that, I went to see the Fab Four in Albany two weeks ago. There was a mosh pit of old ladies dancing togerther in an aisle about ten rows in front of me.

---------------------> 1. The Beatles 2. Led Zeppelin 3. Dream Theater 4. Rush 5. Green Day <-----------------------

---------------> Songs: For No One Kashmir / Octavarium Cygnus X-1 Book II Homecoming <----------------

------> Albums: Abbey Road Led Zeppelin IV Octavarium Hemispheres 21st Century Breakdown <-------

---------> Fav. Genres: Progressive Rock/Metal, Experimental Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Alternative Rock <----------

----------------> Least Fav. Genres: Dance-pop, Hip-Hop, House, The Beatles (Just kidding!) <---------------------

9 November 2013
3.19pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

Sky666 said

Were they any good?

Yes, they were. :) They are called 1964: The Tribute and they have been doing this for 30+ years. 

I also got a kick out of the old people dancing. During "Twist And Shout" there was this guy raising his cane up in the air while twisting. My husband and I were one of the few young people there; however, it was great to hearing their stories about actually seeing The Beatles. This one lady still has her ticket subs from the concerts. 

9 November 2013
5.14pm
unknown
ay, qué pesado
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1215

Sky666 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky666 said

Were they any good?

Yes, they were. :) They are called 1964: The Tribute and they have been doing this for 30+ years. 

I also got a kick out of the old people dancing. During "Twist And Shout" there was this guy raising his cane up in the air while twisting. My husband and I were one of the few young people there; however, it was great to hearing their stories about actually seeing The Beatles. This one lady still has her ticket subs from the concerts. 

Lol, I saw a Beatles tribute band a couple years ago, and it was old people galore there, too. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
11 November 2013
1.42am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

This afternoon, I was driving down Melrose and I suddenly spotted this wall-sized painting of Paul's NEW album. This wall is across the street from a high school and routinely gets used to plug albums, but never would I have imagined Paul's album showing up there.

As I stopped to take the photo, a biker dude parked his motorcycle in front of me. And he looked at me shooting, and then the wall, and said, "Paul McCartney, huh? Haven't heard that name in a while." Then he asked me if the album was new, if it was good and if it was like his old stuff. I told him some songs sounded like old stuff, but a lot of it is very modern. And then he said, "I'll have to check that out, because I like him." :-D

parlance

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, bewareofchairs, Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite, Beatleva
68 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
8 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7176

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3644

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

ZiveJustSeenAFaceo: 1939

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3336), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)