Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
27 October 2013
8.59pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Robert Kennedy wasn’t mentioned. Malcolm X & MLK Jr. were the two mentioned for the Civil Rights. I have probably heard about #3 and #10, but they do not get mentioned much. Maybe because they are all rolled into one like you said. When most people think of defining moments of the 60s, The Beatles are somewhere in the list. Without The Beatles there may have not been a Woodstock, which made the list! 

27 October 2013
9.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Strange no Beatles as they are such a fundamental part of the changing shape of the US from February ’64 onwards. Maybe Apple heard and wanted a nice fee for a song clip. A lot of the ‘Top Bands in the World Ever’ on the music channels don’t feature the Beatles due to issues with getting the promo clips – tho not all as occasionally Free As A Bird will pop up at number 1.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 October 2013
9.24pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2123sp_Permalink sp_Print

I doubt it was Apple fearing about using music or clips because this channel has done Beatles stuff before. 

28 October 2013
10.45am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2124sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Why have all the numbers in the one to ten list changed to 1?

Because IMO, they’re all number oneshearta-hard-days-night-john-1

No I really hadn’t noticed! Weird. I now see why that is but it looks so stupid.

Strange how the Beatles didn’t make the list. I agree about shoving all those Vietnam-related stuff under ”Vietnam war” was probably a better idea. I don’t think there are a lot of people who will remember what the TET-offensive exactly was. 

28 October 2013
1.15pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2125sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking through Netflix when I found this 

9k=Image Enlarger

28 October 2013
3.00pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky666 said

9k=Image Enlarger

You might recognise the version in the trailer.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 October 2013
3.04pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2127sp_Permalink sp_Print

I came across the book version a few months ago. I almost bought it. Almost.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 October 2013
3.12pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2128sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nope, I never seen a trailer for it before now. It was release limited last year in New York and DC, so maybe thats why I hadn’t seen the trailer until now.

Thats really cool they put the song in there. I know there are some Beatley title movies, with no Beatley refrences.  

28 October 2013
4.16pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky666 said

9k=Image Enlarger

I mentioned buying this a couple of weeks ago, the book that is. I’m reading ‘Never Let Me Go’ by Kazuo Ishiguro at the moment but Norwegian Wood is next in the pile. It’s meant to be a brilliant book so I’m eager to move on to it :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 October 2013
8.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2130sp_Permalink sp_Print

^

I once was flipping through the channels on my tv and there’s always a banner on the screen which says what’s on right now. I came across a movie channel and Norwegian Wood was on, then I moved on and came across a channel that had a program called All You Need Is Love on and then across one were one called Hello Goodbye was on. That was ridiculous, for a moment I thought I was seeing things and that I was really obsessed.

28 October 2013
8.41pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227

Linde, I think it is great that you are “tuned in” and caught all of those. :-)

29 October 2013
9.57pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had two Beatley moments today. First, I got a classmate a job where I work and it turns out she’s a Beatlemaniac so she asked me if I knew of any Beatle classes being taught, and later I told her about the Saturday morning cartoon.

Later, my boss asked if I’d seen the reenactment of the teens in that Ringo photo on TV. I told him the spooky thing about that photo is that the least visible person is the one who passed away. “Jeez,” my boss said, “Did he have his shoes off too?!”

Later, I’ll have a third moment because we’ll finally do our funk rock presentation in history of rock class, and I’m including a sample from “Fame.”

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

30 October 2013
2.21am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got this for my birthday from my BFF!

USAopoly-The-Beatles-Monopoly-2.jpgImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

30 October 2013
2.35am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2134sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That friend is a keeper. Nice.

30 October 2013
5.46am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

^^ Nice!

So, we got an A on the funk presentation. And amazingly, my teacher had never heard “Fame” before. He described it as “Devo meets James Brown.”

Also, we got an impromptu performance by a former student of our teacher (he’s also a vocal coach) from a group called Heday. Our teacher introduced him as a huge Beatles fan. And when a woman said she wanted his autograph, he held up the peace sign and said, “I will give no autographs! Peace and love! Peace and love!” My teacher and I fell out laughing, and the guy pointed to me, laughing, saying, “You got it!”

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

30 October 2013
1.08pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2136sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
^^ Nice!

So, we got an A on the funk presentation. And amazingly, my teacher had never heard “Fame” before. He described it as “Devo meets James Brown.”

Also, we got an impromptu performance by a former student of our teachers (he’s also a vocal coach) from a group called Heday. Our teacher introduced him as a huge Beatles fan. And when a woman said she wanted his autograph, he held up the peace sign and said, “I will give no autographs! Peace and love! Peace and love!” My teacher and I fell out laughing, and the guy pointed to me, laughing, saying, “You got it!”

parlance

Congrats on the A.

What did he sing for the class? I bet he would have given you an autograph if you asked after he saw that you knew he was imitating Ringo.

30 October 2013
1.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Congrats on the A.

What did he sing for the class? I bet he would have given you an autograph if you asked after he saw that you knew he was imitating Ringo.

He played two original songs on his acoustic guitar, and our teacher later commented the first of them was rather Beatley.

parlance

30 October 2013
2.11pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2138sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
^^ Nice!

Also, we got an impromptu performance by a former student of our teacher (he’s also a vocal coach) from a group called Heday. Our teacher introduced him as a huge Beatles fan. And when a woman said she wanted his autograph, he held up the peace sign and said, “I will give no autographs! Peace and love! Peace and love!” My teacher and I fell out laughing, and the guy pointed to me, laughing, saying, “You got it!”

parlance

Nice on the A Parlance!  That’s also a perfect description of “Fame”!

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

31 October 2013
3.38pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2139sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am ordering some of the “for dummies” books for the library. Wiley is the publisher of the series. Guess where one of their location is?

**Chichester**

Where’s that girl who came to study history?

31 October 2013
11.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Though it may cause mmm to chunk his Beatles-themed hummingbird feeder Across The Universe , I have to share this official Apple Corps. sanctioned greeting card I just found. I’m a sucker for greeting cards. Guess I’m a double sucker for getting this one. Oh, well, hubby will like it for his next birthday.

Image Enlarger

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694