Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
19 October 2013
5.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Today I worked for the boss I’d previously talked into going to the Outside Lands concert. This time I may have talked him into going to the Ringo book unveiling on Wednesday. I’m a bad influence. :-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

19 October 2013
10.12am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2082sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m saying goodbye to my guitar teacher today as he’s selling his house and moving to Thailand. He’s told me he has a few gifts to give me, including a book full of all L/M Beatles songs with the lyrics and chords in. Yay! :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 October 2013
12.09am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
2083sp_Permalink sp_Print

I made my own Beatley moment today. Here’s the card I gave the hubby for our 13th anniversary.

Image Enlarger

22 October 2013
12.24am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2084sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I made my own Beatley moment today. Here’s the card I gave the hubby for our 13th anniversary.

Image Enlarger

How sweet. Hope you both had a fantastic anniversary together whatever you did.heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 October 2013
12.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2085sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Aww, that’s lovely. And happy lucky 13th!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

22 October 2013
12.37am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2086sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
^^ Aww, that’s lovely. And happy lucky 13th!

parlance

Oh, it was nothing Parlance, least I could do. And thanks.

You didn’t mean me!? Oh, i see. Sorry.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 October 2013
1.32am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2087sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^Thanks. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be chatting with you now. 5/26/13. We had a blast at that concert.

22 October 2013
2.49am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2088sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aww..how sweet.  Happy Anniversary!heart

22 October 2013
10.10am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2089sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is sweet. Happy Anniversary to the pair of you apple01heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 October 2013
1.45am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2090sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Thanks. We had a very happy anniversary.

A gift catalog has the Beatles “1” as one of the cds on display in a picture of a cd case it is selling.

Leather CD PortfolioImage Enlarger

23 October 2013
2.03am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2091sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Image Enlarger

Cute!  Happy Anniversary!  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

23 October 2013
4.10am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2092sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ringo is/was trending on Yahoo.

23 October 2013
7.22am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2093sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky999 said
Ringo is/was trending on Yahoo.

I saw that! It was because of his search for the identity of the people in that photo. It would be wild if he found out in time for tomorrow’s unveiling.

In history of rock class tonight, a group gave their class presentation on psychedelic rock, which they kicked off with “Tomorrow Never Knows .” I started bopping along to it, and one of the presenters smiled at me like, “Yeah, we both ‘get’ it.” a-hard-days-night-george-10

parlance

23 October 2013
2.34pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2094sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love the card, Ahhh Girl!  Awesome :) and Happy Anniversary heart

I always have a Beatles CD playing in the car.  My kids told me when I drop them off at school that I am supposed to “turn down the radio” cause it might be embarrassing if other kids heard me playing the Beatles!?  Where did I go wrong????! a-hard-days-night-george-10  Anyhooo…yesterday, my daughter asked me what the name was of a Beatles song where they said “I’m coming home”?  After a few questions, I figured out she was asking about “It Won’t Be Long “.  She downloaded it on her tablet!! ahdn_paul_02Yeah!  I’m winning!

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

23 October 2013
3.02pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2095sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said
a-hard-days-night-george-10  Anyhooo…yesterday, my daughter asked me what the name was of a Beatles song where they said “I’m coming home”?  After a few questions, I figured out she was asking about “It Won’t Be Long “.  She downloaded it on her tablet!! ahdn_paul_02Yeah!  I’m winning!

a-hard-days-night-john-6 YEA! I remember loving that song as a kid too.

parlance

23 October 2013
3.51pm
Sixth Beatle
Merseyside, England
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 7
2096sp_Permalink sp_Print

I live near Liverpool and was in the city very recently when this middle aged Chinese tourist guy approached me. He wanted his pic taken just by Matthew Street, home of the rehoused Cavern Club, and I was instructed to get his head and the street sign in the shot if poss. He had loads of Beatles memorabilia in his hands – looked like the local souvenir shops had done very well out of him!

He was very grateful for my photographic effort. Then he asked me did I know if The Beatles would be appearing at the Cavern that night. I explained it was highly unlikely.

He told me he had travelled to Merseyside especially to see them. (I hoped he didn’t mean from China!) So when was the last time that they were on, had he just missed it? he persisted.

I explained he’d unfortunately missed it by about 50 years.

He just waved his hand at me and laughed as though I was a big kidder!

I expect he eventually bought a ticket for a Beatles cover band at the Cavern and thought he’d seen the real thing in the end. Well, better than being disappointed I guess! Bless!

I've written a music themed novel called 'Sixth Beatle'. It's not purely about The Beatles but their songs and, in particular John Lennon, are quite key drivers to the narrative. See http://www.sixthbeatle.com.

23 October 2013
4.30pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2097sp_Permalink sp_Print

YEA! I remember loving that song as a kid too.

parlance

Me too!  It was always one of my fav’s ahdn_paul_02

Wow, Sixth Beatle..that’s quite a story!  Hopefully, he did see a cover band and didn’t know the difference! a-hard-days-night-george-10

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

23 October 2013
8.30pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2098sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why would you travel somewhere, quite far away, to visit a place made famous by a group you know nothing about (obviously)??

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 October 2013
9.16pm
mccartneyalarm
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 243
2099sp_Permalink sp_Print

People go to Graceland hoping to see Elvis???? Poor guy…I think that’s a sweet story. I hope he really did see a cover band and figured he’d struck gold. But, someday, someone’s gonna’ tell him the truth. Wouldn’t want to be present for that! Maybe some of his friends back home were playing a trick on him…”no, really….go to Liverpool…they perform there all the time! Can’t miss them!”

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

23 October 2013
11.26pm
Sixth Beatle
Merseyside, England
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 7
2100sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well his English wasn’t too good – maybe someone had led him astray! But he was definitely happy enough on the day…

Maybe he was from a parallel universe where The Beatles still play the Cavern every night. i want to go there!

I've written a music themed novel called 'Sixth Beatle'. It's not purely about The Beatles but their songs and, in particular John Lennon, are quite key drivers to the narrative. See http://www.sixthbeatle.com.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691