Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
12 October 2013
6.59am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A coworker (different from the ones I’ve mentioned) asked me with a wide-eyed wonder about Paul’s impromptu show in NY. “Is that his thing now? Just popping up wherever? I guess he’s just enjoying it now.”

And tonight I went to Aaron Brothers to get a frame for my “New” poster. The saleswoman loved it and took some extra time helping me choose. :-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

12 October 2013
12.10pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2022sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
A coworker (different from the ones I’ve mentioned) asked me with a wide-eyed wonder about Paul’s impromptu show in NY. “Is that his thing now? Just popping up wherever? I guess he’s just enjoying it now.”

And tonight I went to Aaron Brothers to get a frame for my “New” poster. The saleswoman loved it and took some extra time helping me choose. :-D

parlance

I was just thinking the same about the ‘enjoying it’ part – he really seems to be having some fun just now – and it’s pretty infectious.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

12 October 2013
1.42pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
2023sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

parlance said

parlance

I was just thinking the same about the ‘enjoying it’ part – he really seems to be having some fun just now – and it’s pretty infectious.

Infectious is a good description. The other word that came to my mind was tiring in that his schedule lately seems brutal. He has such boundless energy. Perhaps he is running somewhat on adrenaline.

12 October 2013
1.56pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

parlance said

parlance

Infectious is a good description. The other word that came to my mind was tiring in that his schedule lately seems brutal. He has such boundless energy. Perhaps he is running somewhat on adrenaline.

I don’t know how he does especially at his age, but hey more power to him. I rather see him like this then all cripple or posted up in a bed. 

Right now on Twitter “Come Together ” is trending. I got excited at first, but then realized its a petition Starbucks started to give to the government. Still cool though. 

Yahoo has an article about I Want To Hold Your Hand ‘s 50th Anniversary. 

12 October 2013
5.06pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2025sp_Permalink sp_Print

We all know there is more than 1 Paul, they keep switching and having days off.

They’re over in the UK next week which is cool. It will be nice to have Paul back on UK shores.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 October 2013
5.10pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2026sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

They’re over in the UK next week which is cool. It will be nice to have Paul back on UK shores.

Good point a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

12 October 2013
11.05pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2027sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

So that “Coming Up ” video was just a live take then?  Cool!

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

13 October 2013
1.34am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2028sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

So, which one do we clone? Is that why “Paul” gives different answers to questions in various interviews? Which one did Jane actually leave–or was there only one at that time in history?

Which “Paul’ wrote the gospel in mja’s futuristic story? Or will multiple editions get passed down through the ages and get the people of the future really confused?

13 October 2013
5.01pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2029sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay here comes a rough translation of the toilet thing:

”The toilet is spotless., there’s nothing wrong with the hygiene. But still, the Beatlemania in the Van Nunen house, clearly demonstrated with the collection in the restroom, has created a victim. ”My daughter also has the fever”, Han van Nunen admits. ”She is 29, and the Beatles are from far before her time. However, she does know all of the lyrics by heart. When we’re at a party and a Beatles song is being played, we both look at each other and say: ”Which song, which year, which LP?” We’ll do a little quiz together. Yeah, that’s a pretty natural thing for us.” 

It’s also the most natural thing in the world for Han to take at least 1 Beatles souvenir home when vacationing abroad. ”There’s more to offer in one country than in the other, but everywhere there’s something. We just returned from Italy and France. In Italy I bought an adorable music box with the song Yesterday on it. In France they already had the Beatles calendar for 2014. So that one also went back to den Bosh with us.”

His fondest memory for that matter belongs to Italy. To be more specific, it was to Rome. To be even more specific: The Vatican. ”I couldn’t believe it. We just got out of the Vatican and around the corner there’s a newsstand where I saw something amazing! A poster in Italian of the Beatles film, ”A Hard Day’s Night ” from 1964. Of course, I had to buy it.”

This is pretty much the most interesting bit of the article. For the rest it was about how he often goes to those Beatles things and how there are people who are even crazier than him, and how he would never pay 10,000 euro’s for a golden LP. And how he has never been to Liverpool. 

It’s quite a long article, for something which is pretty much about someone’s restroom xD

13 October 2013
8.08pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Slowly getting my way through my MP’s Flying Circus DVDs and Ringo is at the end of one of them :)

Date for Joe’s history section (if he wants): Ringo’s part recorded 28th January 1972

http://retronewser.com/2012/01…..oday-1972/

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

13 October 2013
8.34pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Thanks for posting that, Linde.

In Italy I bought an adorable music box with the song Yesterday on it.

Awww…

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

13 October 2013
9.31pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2032sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just thought of posting the pictures, but I already threw the article away. Ah well, it’s only a toilet.

13 October 2013
11.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a Beatle decorated toilet to fill the void as grabbed from google images. Really quite tacky (i hope Apple didn’t sanction that for official merchandise).

2Q==

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 October 2013
11.09pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2034sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Please let that be the kind with the 70’s puffy foam seat. That’s the only thing that could make even more tack-tastic.

parlance

13 October 2013
11.20pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t worry folks if you would like a Beatle toilet seat cover of your own you’re in luck and only $59.99 (I hope the figure next to shipping ($63.30) is the total cost and not just the postage on its own).

14 October 2013
6.38pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

I was driving one my friends from getting his tire fixed. We were listening to the radio and talking when I noticed Lady Madonna was playing and it was a different version. Then Paul started answering questions from people and it was from concert he did last week at that high school. So, I was trying to listen to my friend speak, but I was distracted by Paul talking. I tried to find the concert on iheart radio; however, I couldn’t, so I came back out to my car to listen. Sorry, my Beatley senses are tingly! a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Edit: I found it on iheartradio after all, so I don’t have to sit in my car anymore. lol 

Later on the same radio station was having one their segments called “Flashback”. Today’s episode was on musical television from like 50’s-early 70’s and they mentioned The Beatles twice. 

14 October 2013
10.55pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

There is a report on Newsnight about why kids of today are listening to older music and a look at the changing society of the 60’s, the reason for such a feature is Paul’s new album out today, 50 years on the release of Please Please Me , and the upcoming release of Mark Lewisons Tune In, and the clips for older music are The Beatles. She Loves You keeps coming on.

There is an untold delight in letting a programme on tv run on and finding it has Beatles related content. heartheart

14 October 2013
11.15pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2038sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
There is a report on Newsnight about why kids of today are listening to older music and a look at the changing society of the 60’s, the reason for such a feature is Paul’s new album out today, 50 years on the release of Please Please Me , and the upcoming release of Mark Lewisons Tune In, and the clips for older music are The Beatles. She Loves You keeps coming on.

There is an untold delight in letting a programme on tv run on and finding it has Beatles related content. heartheart

Do you think that segment might be posted to the show’s website or onto Youtube?

15 October 2013
12.03am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2039sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would guess there is a very good chance it will be up on the website within the next 12 hours, it included a very interesting debate about the importance of the generation gap after the filmed report, and how there has not been one like it in the UK since.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 October 2013
12.10am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2040sp_Permalink sp_Print

On the bbc iplayer it’s listed as “coming soon” so it will be up in a few hours. Its the second item about 15 mins or so in (i think, i had had the tv on pause earlier so skimmed thru to the relevant part).

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: wormz
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694