Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Offspring
14 November 2014
1.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Having looked back thru the ‘Which of the Beatles’ children is your favorite?’ thread it became evident that over the last year or so the conversation had become very similar to that in the ‘Beatles Offspring’ thread and it seemed unnecessary to have two threads on the go covering the same theme. With @Ahhh Girl‘s agreement it was therefore agreed that in keeping with the continued clean-up of the forum to merge the two threads together and just have one on the Beatles siblings that covers everything; favourites, pictures etc so that’s what’s been done.

Due to this merge links to ‘Beatles Offspring’ and ‘Which of the Beatles’ children is your favorite?’ in here will now either not work or lead you back to this thread.

Feel free to discuss any aspect of the Beatles children here including favourites, news, music they have made etc.

Thread one was titled ‘Which of the Beatles’ children is your favorite?’ and consisted of posts 2 – 31, 36, 37 & 42 -> 105.

Thread two was titled ‘Beatles Offspring’ and consisted of posts 32 -> 35 & 38 -> 41.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 July 2012
5.33pm
GeorgeTSimpson
Vienna, Austria
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 343

Original note: According to posts 5 and 6, there was a post before this one in this thread that contained a poll that some people found objectional. The OP deleted the post with the poll.

New note: For context George is discussing which Beatle sibling is his favourite.

I don’t know very much about the beatles children so I took james because he played some awesome guitar on flaming pie

Once there was a way to get back homewards. Once there was a way to get back home; sleep pretty darling do not cry. And I will sing a lullaby

24 July 2012
5.40pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Julian purely because i like two of his songs; Too Late For Goodbyes and Saltwater. I know next to nothing about any of them.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 July 2012
5.51pm
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198

I don’t know a whole lot about them either, but I like Dhani Harrison. He’s a great musician, and a splitting image of his father (who I find adorable…). Thanks for posting anyway, you guys!

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

24 July 2012
7.24pm
Another One
Iran
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 149

*Dhani Harrison

Just because his face is like Georgea-hard-days-night-george-10

...They've forgotten all about God

He's the only reason we exist...

24 July 2012
8.30pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 511

I find this poll to be little bit on the cruel side, especially the exclusion of Beatrice. I voted for Dhani, though, because his is the only Beatle-kid music I like to listen to. ( him looking like a younger version of George isn’t doing any bad, either…)

24 July 2012
9.19pm
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198

Sorry! I deleted this post because I kind of realized how mean it really was to ask that…and I’m really upset I even tried :( Sorry for any confusion!
:/

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

29 July 2012
11.16pm
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 522

I think all of the kids turned out really well. I love Stella because she is a great designer, and she has spunk (It’s about f**king time! shirt that she wore to Paul’s induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). I like Dhani because he was a physics major…also he looks just like George.

I like the rest of them, too, though. They are all so well-behaved and successful. Can’t wait to see how little Beatrice turns out, even if she is like Heather and chooses to remain private and out of the spotlight.

Interesting factoid about Ringo’s daughter, Lee, is that she has triplets and survived brain tumors.

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?"

John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth

31 July 2012
6.11pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

I couldn’t even name ’em all until I found this useful webpage: http://beatlechildren.tripod.c…..index.html
It’s full of useful info, such as the fact that only one Beatle child has not been involved with the music or fashion worlds as a career (so far): 8-year old Beatrice. The site also covers Beatle stepchildren, for which I’m grateful for introducing me to the amazing name “Countess Francesca McKnight Donatella Romana Gregorini de Savingniano di Romagnia!” (Barbara Bach’s daughter.)

I can’t really say I have a favourite after reading all those profiles, since I’m woefully unfamiliar with 97% of whatever music they’ve made (and 100% of whatever they’ve done in the fashion world.) But I admire Zac Starkey for donating bone marrow to try and save his mother’s life.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

1 January 2013
7.15pm
thewordislove94
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 181

I shouldn’t pick a favorite, but most of them seem like good people. Dhani reminds me of his father and is truly talented. Julian is a great singer and Zak is a great drummer. I will try to be nice, but the only one I slightly dislike is Sean. I read an article that Yoko won’t let him get a tattoo because he could never erase it. Has she ever heard of tattoo removal? She could afford it. I wonder if he’ll marry. Who would want Yoko to be their mother-in-law?

The following people thank thewordislove94 for this post:

Oudis, silverhammerYT

"The world is a very serious and, at times, very sad place - but at other times it is all such a joke."-George Harrison

1 January 2013
10.27pm
Dark_Horse
Casbah Coffee Club
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 59

Dhani is mine. Lol, I have even named my son Dhani!!  Not just because he is Georges son at all, thenewno2 are a great band, with 2 really good albums under the belt, and surely more to come. He rocked with Fistful of Mercy too.. Was the major driving force behind The Beatles “Rock Band” games, amazing producer (think Brainwashed – co-produced with Jeff Lynne), and has played numerous Beatle tunes on stage :) I could go on, but I’m sure get the idea, lol

Dhani Harrison / Ayrton Wilbury… My choice by far…

All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.
- George Harrison

2 January 2013
12.10am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I’ve tried to find Dhani singing Beatles stuff on Youtube but I can’t find anything. Maybe I’m just dumb lol. Anyway, do you happen to have a link?

I don’t know much about the children. I think Stella is awesome with her style and designs, I think Zak is a great drummer and the fact he donated bone marrow to his mom is also admirable. Dhani seems like a great guy, haven’t checked his music but in intervies he seems awesome and I like him for thinking of RB. 

I don’t really know a lot about the others, never seen interviews. Oh wait, I have seen interviews with Julian and Sean, but I couldn’t really judge. Julian was a bit bitter, which I understand. Sean seems a bit like an arrogant twat though. But for all we know, he might be the nicest person in the world.

2 January 2013
2.14am
Dark_Horse
Casbah Coffee Club
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 59

Linde said
I’ve tried to find Dhani singing Beatles stuff on Youtube but I can’t find anything. Maybe I’m just dumb lol. Anyway, do you happen to have a link?

I don’t know much about the children. I think Stella is awesome with her style and designs, I think Zak is a great drummer and the fact he donated bone marrow to his mom is also admirable. Dhani seems like a great guy, haven’t checked his music but in intervies he seems awesome and I like him for thinking of RB. 

I don’t really know a lot about the others, never seen interviews. Oh wait, I have seen interviews with Julian and Sean, but I couldn’t really judge. Julian was a bit bitter, which I understand. Sean seems a bit like an arrogant twat though. But for all we know, he might be the nicest person in the world.

With the most obvious being his performance on the Concert for George… I have copy of him doing ‘Birthday ‘ (w/Conan O’brien on bass, of all ppl, lol). I also have somewhere, a copy of him doing Gimme some Truth, think its on a Lennon tribute album…

All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.
- George Harrison

5 January 2013
12.49am
bewareofchairs
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 166

I like all of them, but I’m not so keen on Sean for the reasons already posted. I guess Dhani and Stella are my favourites. Dhani seems like such a great person, and I loved the story Martin Short told about him on Jimmy Fallon, and Stella is so cool.

7 January 2013
6.23am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683

Although I don’t really pay too much attention on their children, I think either Dhani or Zak is the most musically talented of them all. Stella is talented on a different field nonetheless.

7 February 2013
8.18am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

Dhani is adorable, looks just like his dad.  Seems super sweet too.  

Is anyone else disappointed that this isn’t the case with James McCartney?  He does look like Paul, but not like with Dhani.  ahdn_paul_01Damn it.

Definitely like Stella for her cruelty-free designs.  a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

TangerineTrees

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

8 February 2013
3.32pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

LongHairedLady said
Is anyone else disappointed that this isn’t the case with James McCartney?  He does look like Paul, but not like with Dhani.  ahdn_paul_01Damn it.

A little, yeah. Also, his hair is too thin for him to have it long, he looked better with short hair, not that I even care, but..

My favorite Beatle kid is either Julian or Stella. I’m not a huge fan of Julian’s music, I just like him, I don’t know why. I like Stella because of her clothes, and because I like her name, hence me naming my dog Stella.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

8 February 2013
3.43pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

I like Zak cause he was a good replacement for Keith Moon in The Who, my other favorite band.

Stella cause she has spunk

Overall, as stated in the comments above, the children seem like very nice people general.

26 May 2013
5.19am
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550

I like Paul’s kids and am really impressed with their accomplishments.  Like LHL said…it’s a real shame that James doesn’t look more like his Dad!  a-hard-days-night-george-10

I like Julian best, however.  I’ve read a lot about him, liked his music when I was younger and love how much he looks like his Dad.  I have always felt sorry for him too…just by the timing of his birth…he really never had a chance to bond or get to know John well :(   It’s a shame.  I think Julian is a really good person too. 

Interesting thread….

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

26 May 2013
1.43pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

I really don’t like it how Yoko tries to make Sean look like John (unless he does it himself, that is). What’s with the long hair and the granny glasses? If Sean is talented as a musician, he’ll make it without trying to be someone else, or trying to remind everyone who is father is/was. What’s happened to originality?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691