Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
18 April 2016
5.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2821sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Streaming is far more likely than a physical re-release. Am actually surprised that you cant stream it already, thought ever band under the sun were ahead of the Beatles – heck I though bands who hadn’t existed yet signed up to streaming ahead of Apple. 

So was I, I have Spotify on my laptop but I don’t go on it often. But I looked up the Wilburys yesterday because I couldn’t be bothered going to the end of the house to get it and they weren’t on it.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 April 2016
3.11am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Its streaming and a cd/dvd reissue. Examiner report

Concord Bicycle Music announced in a press release April 18 it has entered into a worldwide licensing agreement with The Traveling Wilburys, the group featuring George Harrison , Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan, to represent the band’s entire catalog, including physical and digital reissues. And the company said one of the first benefits of the new agreement will be the group’s albums being released to streaming services on June 3, also the same day their albums will be re-released in various configurations. “The Traveling Wilburys Collection,” originally released by Rhino, will be released by Concord Bicycle as a numbered limited edition as a 2-CD 1-DVD box set, a standard 2-CD 1-DVD package and a deluxe 180-gram vinyl box. The Wilburys’ music will also be available as high-resolution downloads for the first time. Concord Bicycle Music announced a licensing agreement for music recorded by George Harrison and son Dhani in January.

I wonder if the content will change or if its fancy new packaging only since its a different company issuing the cd/dvd.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 April 2016
9.11am
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916
2823sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

I wonder if the content will change or if its fancy new packaging only since its a different company issuing the cd/dvd.

I think we know that answer @mmm a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

19 April 2016
11.09am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2824sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bongo said

meanmistermustard said

I think we know that answer @mmm a-hard-days-night-paul-11

One is a limited numbered edition tho. Who cant refuse?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 April 2016
6.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

As if its a big deal Rihanna has passed the Beatles in spending more weeks at number one in the singles chart. 

Rihanna has overtaken The Beatles record for the total number of weeks spent at number one in the US.

The singer’s latest hit Work has scored a ninth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, giving her an overall tally of 60 weeks at number one with 14 songs.

That’s one more week at number one than The Beatles’ overall total.

She is now second on the list of all-time chart toppers, behind Mariah Carey, whose record is 79 weeks.

I read this wrong and thought this made her have the most, she’s second to Mariah. Even less of a story. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

However, some of the songs counted as a number one for Rihanna are actually collaborations with other artists…

Mariah Carey also has some collaborations counted among her 79-week total…

None of the singles by The Beatles to reach the chart summit featured other artists. 

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Tho technically ‘Get Back ‘ featured Billy Preston.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl

19 April 2016
7.30pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
2826sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard reported
As if its a big deal Rihanna has passed the Beatles in spending more weeks at number one in the singles chart. 

Rihanna has overtaken The Beatles record for the total number of weeks spent at number one in the US.

The singer’s latest hit Work has scored a ninth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, giving her an overall tally of 60 weeks at number one with 14 songs.

She is now second on the list of all-time chart toppers, behind Mariah Carey, whose record is 79 weeks.

I read this wrong and thought this made her have the most, she’s second to Mariah. Even less of a story. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

However, some of the songs counted as a number one for Rihanna are actually collaborations with other artists…

Mariah Carey also has some collaborations counted among her 79-week total…

None of the singles by The Beatles to reach the chart summit featured other artists. 

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Tho technically ‘Get Back ‘ featured Billy Preston.

Bleck (for a lack of a better term). I personally don’t understand how anyone could listen to any of that bloody annoying auto-tuned noise. Nobody who makes music like that should in any way surpass the Beatles in my opinion.

(This has been a brief yet angry rant brought to you by WeepingAtlasCedars, who does this all the time. ahdn_george_07)

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, pepperland

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

20 April 2016
3.09am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2827sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont care. Its the music that matters not some record that will in itself be broken further down the line; can’t see many Rihanna songs being listened to 50 years down the line.

Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

20 April 2016
5.58pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
2828sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I dont care. Its the music that matters not some record that will in itself be broken further down the line; can’t see many Rihanna songs being listened to 50 years down the line.

I guess so, mmm. Still not going to change my opinion, though! 

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

20 April 2016
6.23pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2829sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

meanmistermustard said

I guess so, mmm. Still not going to change my opinion, though! 

I understand totally where you are coming from WAC, i’ll never seek out a Rihanna song as I find it to be ghastly music which no doubt has been heavily modified thru computers to make it in someway presentable current and suitable for radio play. 

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

21 April 2016
6.33am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2830sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

It’s really remarkable isn’t it? It doesn’t sound as if it was made 50+ years ago at all. Somehow, the Beatles never seem to age. How many artists can say that? I agree with you; Rihanna’s relevancy will wear out long before the Beatles ever will.

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

22 April 2016
2.53pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2831sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

A few years back, when Paul McCartney was presented with The Gershwin Award by President Obama, the prez mentioned that between his time with The Beatles, Wings, solo, collaborations, etc… Macca has spent a cumulative 32 years at number 1 (combining singles and albums).

79 weeks is kinda cute, though. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Zig for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug, ewe2, Eleanor Macca, Linde

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 April 2016
9.18am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2832sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those of you with The Beatles: Rock Band who haven’t yet grabbed all the download content, advance warning that Harmonix are deleting them from the store on May 5 as their license to sell those 32 songs expires.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Bullion, pepperland

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 April 2016
2.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
2833sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unseen Beatles footage from 1965 Australia tour released

Rare footage of The Beatles larking around backstage during a tour of Australia has been released.

The never-before-seen 49-second clip of of George Harrison , Paul McCartney , John Lennon and Ringo Starr in a make-up studio ahead of a television performance was released by the National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA), who described it as “really rare”.

The black-and-white silent film clip was shot on November 1, 1965, with an 8mm camera belonging to Australian dancer and make-up artist Dawn Swane, who was working at Granada TV in Manchester at that time.

more at the link

26 April 2016
3.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2834sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said

Rare footage of The Beatles larking around backstage during a tour of Australia has been released.

The never-before-seen 49-second clip of of George Harrison , Paul McCartney , John Lennon and Ringo Starr in a make-up studio ahead of a television performance was released by the National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA), who described it as “really rare”.

The black-and-white silent film clip was shot on November 1, 1965, with an 8mm camera belonging to Australian dancer and make-up artist Dawn Swane, who was working at Granada TV in Manchester at that time.

more at the link

Ignore the headline and the first line of the article. Sloppy work by The Telegraph.

There was no 1965 Australian tour.

The film was, as the article goes on to say, filmed in a dressing room at Granada TV Studios in Manchester, England, on the first day (1 November 1965) of the two day shoot for The Music of Lennon & McCartney TV special.

How the hell The Telegraph come up with that headline and opening line, when the article has the correct background to the footage in it, is beyond me.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Zig

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 April 2016
4.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
2835sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for being vigilant, RN.

27 April 2016
9.37am
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251
2836sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said

meanmistermustard said

It’s really remarkable isn’t it? It doesn’t sound as if it was made 50+ years ago at all. Somehow, the Beatles never seem to age. How many artists can say that? I agree with you; Rihanna’s relevancy will wear out long before the Beatles ever will.

image-1.jpegImage Enlarger

So true a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

27 April 2016
12.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said

@Ahhh Girl said

more at the link

Ignore the headline and the first line of the article. Sloppy work by The Telegraph.

There was no 1965 Australian tour.

The film was, as the article goes on to say, filmed in a dressing room at Granada TV Studios in Manchester, England, on the first day (1 November 1965) of the two day shoot for The Music of Lennon & McCartney TV special.

How the hell The Telegraph come up with that headline and opening line, when the article has the correct background to the footage in it, is beyond me.

It’s been altered to the correct details, it now reads now 

Unseen Beatles footage from 1965 released

Rare footage of The Beatles larking around backstage has been released…

They haven’t fixed the url tho (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/mus…..-released/) so you can still see they made a mess of it. Can only imagine one person noticed the film belonged to an Australian dancer and has been released in Australia and wrote the first line and the title and then wrote the rest of the article without changing the beginning; its a pretty pathetic example of journalism.

Ahhh Girl, Zig

28 April 2016
5.43pm
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2838sp_Permalink sp_Print

TRAVELS IN MUSIC is a podcast dedicated to sharing stories about music from all over the world.  They kick off their inaugural broadcast with a 35-minute interview with Mark Lewisohn.

This is Episode 1 of Travels in Music, and today I couldn’t be happier to be talking to the world’s leading Beatles historian, and the author of Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years, Mark Lewisohn.

In today’s show I talk to Mark about what made the Beatles so special, what it’s like to interview Paul McCartney , the challenges involved in writing the definitive history of the band, and why Liverpool, England, of all places had the world’s only teenage rock music scene in the 1950s.

In this episode you’ll also learn about:

• The story behind the Beatles’ much celebrated Anthology project from an insider’s perspective

• Why Liverpool? What was happening in postwar Liverpool that allowed the Beatles to form, grow, and eventually thrive?

• How did traveling to India in 1968 change the Beatles?

From Lewisohn’s facebook page:

Exceptionally good questions in this 35 minute podcast interview, giving me a welcome chance to say different things.

See the link above.

The following people thank C.R.A. for this post:

Zig, Shamrock Womlbs
2 May 2016
3.14am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2839sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s Facebook just put up a teaser about October. Looks like the Coachella gig is on. Will X-post to the relevant thread.

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

3 May 2016
11.16am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2840sp_Permalink sp_Print

C.R.A. said
TRAVELS IN MUSIC is a podcast dedicated to sharing stories about music from all over the world.  They kick off their inaugural broadcast with a 35-minute interview with Mark Lewisohn.

This is Episode 1 of Travels in Music, and today I couldn’t be happier to be talking to the world’s leading Beatles historian, and the author of Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years, Mark Lewisohn.

In today’s show I talk to Mark about what made the Beatles so special, what it’s like to interview Paul McCartney , the challenges involved in writing the definitive history of the band, and why Liverpool, England, of all places had the world’s only teenage rock music scene in the 1950s.

In this episode you’ll also learn about:

• The story behind the Beatles’ much celebrated Anthology project from an insider’s perspective

• Why Liverpool? What was happening in postwar Liverpool that allowed the Beatles to form, grow, and eventually thrive?

• How did traveling to India in 1968 change the Beatles?

From Lewisohn’s facebook page:

Exceptionally good questions in this 35 minute podcast interview, giving me a welcome chance to say different things.

See the link above.

Come on Mark! Less talking, more writing!ahdn_george_06

The following people thank Linde for this post:

pepperland, Zig, C.R.A.
        Forum Timezone: Europe/London
        Most Users Ever Online: 700
        Currently Online:
        Guest(s) 1
        Top Posters:
        Starr Shine?: 16105
        Ron Nasty: 12534
        Zig: 9832
        50yearslate: 8759
        Necko: 8043
        AppleScruffJunior: 7583
        parlance: 7111
        mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
        Mr. Kite: 6147
        trcanberra: 6064
        Member Stats:
        Guest Posters: 88
        Members: 2858
        Moderators: 5
        Admins: 1
        Forum Stats:
        Groups: 3
        Forums: 44
        Topics: 5519
        Newest Members:
        seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
        Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
        Administrators: Joe: 5694