Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
30 October 2015
6.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2521sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 John was a lot like that post-Beatles.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, long long long
30 October 2015
6.58pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2522sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite … what crap! Oh, it’s so pure, like a watercolour painting. 

(I did not make that up, I swear) 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 October 2015
10.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2523sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Daily Mail reports that the current owner of Sunny Heights (Ringo’s Weybridge home between 1965 and 1968, and John and Yoko for a while after Ringo had moved), Russian oligarch and former deputy prime minister, Vladimir Scherbakov, has been given planning permission to demolish it and build a new mansion in its place.

SH1.jpgImage Enlarger

SH2.jpgImage Enlarger

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 October 2015
12.25am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

^ Pleasant enough pad as far as size goes – but I’d hate to have to do the gardening! 

[EDIT] This is called rewriting history after changing one’s mind 🙂

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 October 2015
6.14am
long long long
UK
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49
2525sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Silly Girl said

Ahhh Girl said

Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite … what crap! Oh, it’s so pure, like a watercolour painting. 

(I did not make that up, I swear) 

I really wish he didn’t try so hard to disown everything he ever did with them in the RS & Playboy interviews. He was always going to be a former Beatle.

“I’m dissatisfied with every record the Beatles ever fucking made. There ain’t one of them I wouldn’t remake… including all the Beatles records and all my individual ones.”

Image Enlarger

31 October 2015
6.20am
long long long
UK
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49

But yeah, Lou was definitely keeping an eye on The Beatles, like everyone else. John Cale said he & Lou were blown away by how well The Beatles were able to use a sitar as an effective melodic & atmospheric tool whilst they could get nowhere with a sarinda.

There’s a story that Nico was invited to a Pepper pre-release party by Brian Epstein and bashed Paul’s middle section of A Day In The Life , the cheek! I’m not sure how true it is though.

The following people thank long long long for this post:

trcanberra
7 November 2015
1.15pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2527sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
The Daily Mail reports that the current owner of Sunny Heights (Ringo’s Weybridge home between 1965 and 1968, and John and Yoko for a while after Ringo had moved), Russian oligarch and former deputy prime minister, Vladimir Scherbakov, has been given planning permission to demolish it and build a new mansion in its place.

SH1.jpgImage Enlarger

SH2.jpgImage Enlarger

WHAT? Why would you? It looks beautiful!

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
7 November 2015
1.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2528sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

SH1.jpgImage Enlarger

SH2.jpgImage Enlarger

Why would you tear it down, the history in that place! It’s big without being gaudy, got nice gardens and of course Ringo’s own bar The Flying Cow!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 November 2015
6.30pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2529sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ and ^^

I actually think it looks hideous – let me at that wrecking ball 🙂 

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

7 November 2015
7.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959
2530sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m one of the many who don’t care. And i would think Ringo doesn’t either. It’s a house two Beatles stayed in over 40 years ago, big whoop.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra, Necko

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 November 2015
9.03am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

The Examiner reports that John’s Gibson sold for $2,410,000 (£1.6m) at auction yesterday (7 November), and that Ringo’s drum head from The Ed Sullivan Show sold for $2,150,000 (£1.4m).

Information not included in the article: The world record price for a guitar was the $2.7m (£1.8m) paid for a Fender Stratocaster signed by, among others, Paul, Eric Clapton, and Keith Richards, at a charity auction in Qatar in 2005. However, it was a charity auction for the rich and famous, where things are often overpaid for as a show of how generous people are, and it was a guitar without a history.

The largest amount paid for a musician’s guitar at auction was the $965,000 paid for the Fender Stratocaster Bob Dylan played at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival in 2013.

So, John/George’s Gibson smashed the price for a guitar paid at normal auction.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, KaleidoscopeMusic, trcanberra

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 November 2015
11.32am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2532sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s been nominated in the category ‘Favourite Music Icon’ of this year’s People’s Choice Awards

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

KaleidoscopeMusic, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Linde

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

8 November 2015
12.08pm
KaleidoscopeMusic
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481
2533sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anyone seen the interview on Fox today at 11? There’s been a lot of speculation on what certain doctors and people in the media have blazoned on Lennon’s death.

Only music can save us.

8 November 2015
1.55pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2534sp_Permalink sp_Print

KaleidoscopeMusic said
Has anyone seen the interview on Fox today at 11? There’s been a lot of speculation on what certain doctors and people in the media have blazoned on Lennon’s death.

You can watch it here: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/…..index.html

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Beatlebug, KaleidoscopeMusic, Wigwam

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

12 November 2015
11.13am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959
2535sp_Permalink sp_Print

Too lazy to type so the below is quoted from wogblog

The music of Ringo Starr was celebrated on January 20th, 2014 at a tribute concert in Los Angeles, an event that also saw the Beatles drummer honoured with the Lifetime Of Peace & Love Award on behalf of the David Lynch Foundation. Recordings from the evening’s concert will now be made available on a ten track album on December 4 via Communion Records, and the sales will benefit The David Lynch Foundation. The record has been mixed by Bob Clearmountain. The ten tracks from that night’s concert were backed by a house band comprised of Don Was, Peter Frampton, Kenny Aranoff, Steve Lukather and Benmont Tench. Among the participating artists, tracks have been selected from The Head and the Heart (“Octopus’s Garden”), Brendan Benson (“Don’t Go Where the Road Don’t Go”), Joe Walsh (“Back Off Boogaloo”),  Ben Harper (“Walk With You”) and Ben Folds (“Oh My My”). The album ends with Ringo himself taking centre stage, with renditions of “Photograph,”  “Boys ” and “With A Little Help From My Friends .” Listen to The Head and the Hearts “Octopus’s Garden” on YouTube.

Tracks:
1. Ark Life – “Can’t Do It Wrong”
2. The Head and the Heart – “Octopus’s Garden”
3. Brendan Benson – “Don’t Go Where The Road Don’t Go”
4. Bettye LaVette – “It Don’t Come Easy”
5. Ben Folds – “Oh My My”
6. Ben Harper – “Walk With You”
7. Joe Walsh – “Back Off Boogaloo”
8. Ringo Starr – “Photograph”
9. Ringo Starr – “Boys
10. Ringo Starr – “With A Little Help From My Friends

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Expert Textpert, trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 November 2015
12.21pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
2536sp_Permalink sp_Print

What does the David Lynch Foundation do? Teach kids to meditate? I know he was into the transcendental meditation stuff with Donovan.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

17 November 2015
3.31pm
KaleidoscopeMusic
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481
2537sp_Permalink sp_Print

This might not fit the topic well, but apparently Justin Bieber compared his song “Sorry” to “Let it Be.” As much as I’d love to tear down this comment, I think it’s an important discussion. (It’s on this website: http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-b…..t-be-watch

1. How would “Let it Be” be considered simplistic (is the accompaniment, the repeating refrain, or the lyrics)? Is it even “simple”?

2. Why would he use “Let it Be” as a comparison to his song? (They are different musically.)

Personally, I think that for a Beatles song, “Let it Be” can be considered simple. However, the kind of simple Bieber was referring to is synonymous with profound and I don’t happen to think his song fits that definition. However, it’s great that a modern musician with different tactics gives recognition to the Beatles.

Only music can save us.

23 November 2015
11.39am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2538sp_Permalink sp_Print

In 2003 two Dutch Beatles fans were arrested and 504 of the Let It Be  “Nagra” tapes were recovered (said to be the basis of many a bootleg).

They had bought them in 1992 from a former Apple employee, Nigel Oliver, for the equivalent of 36,000 euros.

They were charged with money laundering and fencing stolen property. The case was dropped in 2007.

The two, Stan Stelleman and Jos Remmerwaal, it has been reported this weekend that they have now launched a legal bid for the return of the tapes (claiming they were illegally confiscated by the Dutch and British police), and 700,000 euros from the Dutch state in damages for wrongful arrest.

(For those unfamiliar with the “Nagra” tapes, they are the sound recordings made by the film crew.)

23 November 2015
11.55am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2539sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Too lazy to type so the below is quoted from wogblog

8. Ringo Starr – “Photograph”
9. Ringo Starr – “Boys
10. Ringo Starr – “With A Little Help From My Friends

Ringo has a great life- those three along with Matchbox and Yellow Submarine are the only lyrics he has to remember because they’re the only songs he sings 🙂

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

trcanberra

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 November 2015
2.56pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Some news stories that may have been missed (I apologise if these are posted elsewhere):

– Paul will headline the 10th annual “Dinner and Disco for Children in Need” at The Mulberry Inn pub, owned by UK DJ and TV presenter Chris Evans, on 25 June next year.

Talking to Evans on his radio show he said:

“Basically, me and the band are showing up. It’s great… It’s been a long time since I’ve played at a pub.”

On the set they’ll play, he told Evans:

“We’re not massive planners in the band. Even if we’re doing [a] big special gig we kind of tend to just figure it out just the hour before. So we probably will. We’ll probably talk to you, see what you want, any requests, and then completely ignore you.

“We are going to have a great fun night. It’s going to be a party, it’s going to be a laugh. We’re going to have a bit of a sing-along… and we’ll do something old, new, borrowed, blue, whatever. We’ll make it work.”

– For Record Store Day, 27 November, Paul will release a 12″ vinyl of the 2015 remix of Say Say Say in the US. In the UK it will be released the following day as part of Universal’s “12 Days of Christmas” campaign.

– The Elvis Presley section of The Examiner reports on a comparison between Elvis’ US record sales and The Beatles.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692