Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
11 February 2015
12.16am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Flagged up by wogblog that the complete ‘A Day In The Life‘ promo has been upped on The Beatles official web page. Could something be coming on a dvd? Would be so cool if there was as Apple dont usually put things out unless its for promoting a product.

I find this exciting – the upload that is not being able to praise Apple for the first time in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..9hZO8LwYT4

[x-posted to ‘A Day In The Life‘]

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Oudis

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 February 2015
12.48am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2182sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I’d guess low thousands. This very uncomplimentary blog puts first week sales of ‘Ringo 2012’ as 6,300 in the US and 752 in the UK.

And one in Australia :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

parlance

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

11 February 2015
2.08am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2183sp_Permalink sp_Print

From the Macca Report, about a week ago: Paul sings happy 80th birthday to Love actress. Paul and Ringo send birthday wishes to LOVE actress Silvia Aderne who plays Eleanor Rigby .

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

11 February 2015
2.22am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2184sp_Permalink sp_Print

Birthday greetings to Silvia are also at/on Beatles.com

eleanor-beatles.JPGImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 February 2015
12.13am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Examiner has reported that two cd’s consisting solely of Beatles tracks from 1962 -> 1964 but not on the Universal label are on sale in Canadian Walmart Stores for $5 each. The sound quality is said to be “horrible

The albums are:

CD1 – ‘Love Me Do ‘: ‘Love Me Do ‘, ‘I Feel Fine ‘, ‘This Boy ‘, ‘I Saw Her Standing There ‘, ‘All My Loving ‘, ‘Please Mister Postman ‘, ‘A Hard Day’s Night ‘, ‘It Won’t Be Long ‘, ‘If I Fell .

CD2 –  ‘Can’t Buy Me Love ‘: Can’t Buy Me Love ‘, ‘From Me To You ‘, ‘Please Please Me ‘, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret ‘, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man ,’, ‘No Reply ‘, ‘Honey Don’t ‘, ‘Words Of Love ‘, ‘Mr. Moonlight’, ‘And I Love Her ‘, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me ”.

12 February 2015
4.56am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2186sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evening Telegraph article on a Caird Hall guest book from 1975 signed by Paul.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

12 February 2015
2.02pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22234

parlance said

Evening Telegraph article on a Caird Hall guest book from 1975 signed by Paul.

parlance

…and posted here too https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..6/#p158896 since it happened at the end of a Wings tour.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

parlance
12 February 2015
8.59pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Examiner article on Paul possibly doing a show in NY this weekend in conjunction with SNL 40.

[x-posted to the Out There tour thread]

parlance

13 February 2015
12.45am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kanye West says he restored the angst missing from McCartney’s songwriting.  Like… he’s filling in for ‘you know who.’

Article

13 February 2015
1.13am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8A bit big of Kanye to say so but i suppose there hasnt been anyone since Elvis Costello really so about time Paul found someone else. Not sure Kanye is filling in tho as Paul and Elvis couldnt work together in the studio that well. I really do like the material Elvis and Paul wrote, just hope this doesnt lead to an Elvis Costello v Kanye West debate as i dont know enough about either.

13 February 2015
2.50am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2191sp_Permalink sp_Print

For anyone going to the NY Fest for Beatles Fans… the Fest was moved to the Hilton Westchester due to a collapsed parking garage at the usual venue.

[x-posted to the Fest for Beatles Fans thread]

parlance

14 February 2015
1.08am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Hand-written production notes by George Martin from the first week of the ‘Help !’ sessions in February 1965 are being put on display at The Beatles Story to mark their 50th Anniversary reports the Liverpool Echo.

[x-posted to ‘Where’s the love for “Help!“?’]

14 February 2015
4.31pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2193sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
Examiner article on Paul possibly doing a show in NY this weekend in conjunction with SNL 40.

This show is definitely happening. It’s partly by invitation, but some tickets went on sale exclusively at the box office an hour and a half ago.

[x-posted to the Out There tour thread]

parlance

15 February 2015
8.14pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure where else to post this as there’s no thread specifically about the Hollywood Vampires… but the topic is trending on Facebook because Alice Cooper has announced a supergroup by the same name featuring himself, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry. They’ll be playing Rock in Rio in September.

And this is an old article, but Cooper has launched a documentary about the drinking club, and Micky Dolenz will be involved.

parlance

15 February 2015
8.16pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2195sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 So is Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr a vampire?a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 February 2015
8.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2196sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
ahdn_paul_06 So is Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr a vampire?a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Haha, I think it was only John who was an unofficial member during The Lost Weekend.

parlance

16 February 2015
7.07am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rolling Stone article with video of Paul performing “Maybe I’m Amazed ” on SNL40.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

trcanberra

16 February 2015
10.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

The 1962 Star Club tapes from which all the “semi-legal” releases have been made will be auctioned in London later this year.

After being offered around for many years…

…they ended up with Larry Grossberg, the business manager of Andy Warhol and Muhammad Ali, who spent £100,000 on remixing them and releasing 26 of the finished tracks on an album released in 1977.

Now Grossberg has decided to sell the two original safety master tapes from which the album was produced along with various remixes and the seven-inch reel safety master of the original unedited Beatles mono tape that ran during the performances, often when the band were not playing. “I’m 74 and it’s time to sell,” he said. “I don’t want my family to have the burden of going through my things and liquidating everything.”

Grossberg is also in possession of a letter from Apple saying they will not contest the sale as they will not come with rights.

They have a reserve of £100,000-£150,000… but who knows how high they could go… 

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 February 2015
10.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can we pool our money together and buy it? I’ll have it Mondays through Fridays and the rest of you can share it on the weekends :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

16 February 2015
11.30pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

The official announcement of the sale is on the site of auctioneers Ted Owen & Co. It is set for 26 March.

Despite the assertions in many stories about the number of tracks being 33 (the number known to exist), the announcement only says “over 28”. It could have been further clarified by them, but they are not reflecting that in their announcement – though there are other details in circulation that are also not in their announcement.

They say full details will be published on their website by the end of February. Assuming they list the contents of the unedited tape, we may finally know for certain just what was recorded in Hamburg, and the correct order.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22234, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694