Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
15 January 2015
11.51am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wogblog report on ‘Abbey Road ‘ and ‘Pepper’ appearing in the US Top 10 Best-Selling Vinyl Albums chart of 2014. ‘Abbey Road ‘ was #4 with sales of 38,200 whilst Pepper reached #7 after sales of 33,600.

[x-posted in the ‘Vinyl‘ thread’]

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 January 2015
12.15am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2142sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Mail on Sunday reports on the results of the official investigation into Paul’s near-miss when the helicopter he was in almost crashed trying to land at Paul’s estate in Rye in May 2012.

A full investigation carried out by the Department of Transport’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) found that neither pilot heard two audio warnings.

How do two pilots miss AUDIO warnings that they’re about to hit the trees?!!!!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

18 January 2015
12.34am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2143sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
The Mail on Sunday reports on the results of the official investigation into Paul’s near-miss when the helicopter he was in almost crashed trying to land at Paul’s estate in Rye in May 2012.

A full investigation carried out by the Department of Transport’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) found that neither pilot heard two audio warnings.

Makes you wonder. A few times I have been channel flipping and caught that “Air Safety Investigations’ show and it is frightening the mistakes even expert pilots routinely make.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 January 2015
1.13am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2144sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

They couldnt see past the forest to notice the trees.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 January 2015
2.08am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2145sp_Permalink sp_Print

The 2012 MusiCares tribute to Paul is going to be released on DVD.

[x-posted at the McCartney at the Grammys thread]

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

22 January 2015
4.24am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2146sp_Permalink sp_Print

From The Examiner:

The Beatles tribute show “Let It Be ,” which has previously played to sold-out audiences in London’s West End and on Broadway, will launch a tour of North America beginning Jan. 30 that includes a series of U.S. shows, Annerin Productions, the show’s producers, announced Jan. 21. The show, which says it’s the only tribute show with grand rights to The Beatles’ music, features over 40 Beatles songs.

The North American trek begins with 16 shows in Canada from Jan. 30 to Feb. 17. The U.S. dates begin Feb. 18 in East Lansing, Michigan and will include shows in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio and South Dakota. The show will play single night engagements in most cities. Following those dates, the show will return to Canada for seven more dates. The full list of dates is here. The show will then return to the U.K. for a series of dates at London’s Garrick Theatre before heading to Ireland in October 2015. This will be its first North American tour after its Broadway engagement.

More at the link

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

22 January 2015
7.04am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2147sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
The 2012 MusiCares tribute to Paul is going to be released on DVD.

[x-posted at the McCartney at the Grammys thread]

parlance

Some of those MusiCares shows are great fun. The Neil Young one is fabulous and I have the Springsteen one on my shopping list. Looks like one more to add.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

22 January 2015
6.21pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2148sp_Permalink sp_Print

From Steve Marinucci (the Beatles Examiner writer) at AXS:

The 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ iconic Shea Stadium show will be the theme of this year’s Fab 4 Music Festival held in Danbury, Connecticut this summer, Liverpool Productions announced Jan. 21. The day-long show will take place on Aug. 15, exactly 50 years to the day after the legendary concert.

The New York/New England regional Beatles-themed festival, which is also known as “Danbury Fields Forever” is a family-friendly music, foods and arts festival that is now in its fourth year. The event will run from noon to 8 p.m. at Ives Concert Park, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury. Ten bands playing music from The Beatles, both group and solo material, plus other songs from the 1960s will be featured. The event will be hosted by Charles F. Rosenay! Ken Michaels of the “Every Little Thing ” and “Things We Said Today ” radio shows will also be guest emcee.

More at the link.

parlance

25 January 2015
2.14am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Another Kanye collaboration is available at iTunes – this one featuring Rhianna. It’s called FourFiveSeconds.

Here’s a Billboard article. And here’s a YouTube link, though I doubt it’ll be up for long.

Really nice harmonies on this.

Edit: Examiner and Pitchfork articles.

[x-posted the collabs thread]

parlance

27 January 2015
4.46am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2150sp_Permalink sp_Print

* Examiner article: contrary to rumors, Paul has not coproduced Kanye‘s entire upcoming album.

* LA Times article: The Wild Honey Orchestra‘s benefit concert this year will feature The White Album in its entirety.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Von Bontee, trcanberra

28 January 2015
3.47am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2151sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner article on unreleased photos and color film footage of the band at the Ed Sullivan Show going up for auction.

[x-posted to the Beatles auction thread]

parlance

28 January 2015
4.29am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2152sp_Permalink sp_Print

Article by Beatleness author Candy Leonard: 7 Ways The Beatles Changed Boomer Childhood Overnight

[x-posted to the new Beatles books thread]

parlance

28 January 2015
6.06am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2153sp_Permalink sp_Print

NPR link to Diana Krall’s new single If I Take You Home Tonight, written by Paul.

[x-posted to the Paul collabs thread]

parlance

29 January 2015
4.50am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

* According to MTV, Paul will be performing at The Grammys with Rihanna and Kanye [x-posted to the Paul collabs thread]

* LA Times article on rare photos by Bob Bonis showing up on ebay. [x-posed to the Beatles auctions thread]

* Julia ‘s former home is going up for auction. [x-posed to the Beatles auctions thread]

parlance

29 January 2015
5.49am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2155sp_Permalink sp_Print

@parlance said
* LA Times article on rare photos by Bob Bonis showing up on ebay. [x-posed to the Beatles auctions thread]

parlance

With an uncharacteristic slip, parlance forgot the link on this one. It can be found here, and well worth it it is too – includes a great slideshow of the pictures on offer.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

29 January 2015
2.30pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2156sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s announced he’ll be going back to Japan in April. *fingers crossed* it goes without a hitch.

[x-posted to the Out There thread]

parlance

29 January 2015
3.10pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Examiner article on Ringo’s next album, Postcards From Paradise:

Universal Music officially announced Jan. 29 that Ringo Starr ‘s 18th studio release, “Postcards From Paradise” swill be released March 31. The album will feature 11 original tracks, including one written and recorded with the current members of his All-Starr Band Steve Lukather, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie, Richard Page, Wally Palmer and Gregg Bissonette. It will be released just after Ringo and the All-Starrs return from a tour that will take them through the U.S. and Latin America beginning Feb. 13.

The album was produced by Ringo and recorded at his home studio in Los Angeles. The guest stars feature his friends and family and include Joe Walsh (Ringo’s brother-in-law), Benmont Tench, Dave Stewart, Ann Marie Simpson, Richard Marx, Amy Keys, Peter Frampton, Nathan East and Glen Ballard. Ringo has often been quoted as saying, “If I am recording and you’re in town and drop by, you’re going to be on the record!”

Here are the titles of the album tracks: “Rory And The Hurricanes,” “You Bring The Party Down,” “Bridges,” “Postcards From Paradise,” “Right Side of the Road,” “Not Looking Back,” “Bamboula,” “Island in the Sun,” “Touch and Go,” “Confirmation” and “Let Love Lead.” More complete details on the tracks will be released in coming weeks, the announcement from the record company said.

The album release is not the only major event for Ringo in early 2015. On April 18, he will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland where he will receive the Award for Musical Excellence.

[x-posting, I’ll start a new thread for this album]

parlance

Expert Textpert, trcanberra

29 January 2015
3.14pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
2158sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, I’ve been looking for that news.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

parlance

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

29 January 2015
3.20pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

^^ You’ve very welcome.

Joe started a thread for a Help ! photo book, Eight Arms To Hold You – The Forgotten Archives, that’s being crowdsourced, so I figured a post the link.

parlance

trcanberra

31 January 2015
5.39pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

* 30 seconds of footage from the earliest known color footage of the Beatles, shot by Chas McDevitt have been posted at The Mirror. They’re up for auction along with never before seen photos by Eve Bowen taken in 1965 (a few of which are also posted at The Mirror). [x-posted at the auctions and 1965 photos threads]

* The Liverpool Echo posted a trailer of Come Together , a documentary on Beatles tribute bands. [x-posted to the Beatles tribute bands thread]

* Paul will be making another go at performing in South Korea in May. [x-posted to the Out There thread]

parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690