Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
21 October 2014
6.21pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2021sp_Permalink sp_Print

georgiewood said
parlance said
:-) I posted about it at the Paul interviews thread. 
parlance

Oh crap. ahdn_paul_01

Don’t worry about it.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

21 October 2014
6.45pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2022sp_Permalink sp_Print

George’s old home at 25 Upton Green in Speke has sold for £156k. The Liverpool Echo has the report and footage of the auction.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 October 2014
7.55am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2023sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rolling Stone article on Shepard Fairey (the artist responsible for the Obama campaign ‘Hope & Change’ posters) and his love of George Harrison , including some new rendered artwork on The Quiet One.

Image Enlarger

22 October 2014
7.57am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2024sp_Permalink sp_Print

A handwritten note from John Lennon to a New York radio host urging him to listen to wife Yoko Ono’s “far out” music is has gone up for auction, according to this Telegraph article.

22 October 2014
2.48pm
She_is_leaving_home
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 175
2025sp_Permalink sp_Print

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/…..ompetition

Chance to win Apple Years box set a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Come on nowhereman we will take you somwhere!

23 October 2014
12.11am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

From Rolling Stone –

“In Roy Kafri’s innovative music video for “Mayokero,” we discover what your album covers do when nobody’s looking: They form an all-star beatboxing posse. The video seamlessly animates classic covers like the Beatles’ Revolver , David Bowie’s Aladdin Sane and Bob Dylan’s Nashville Skyline and Highway 61 Revisited to give the appearance that they’re collectively singing the Kafri track (via A.V. Club).”

(the full article is at the link)

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 October 2014
1.53am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2027sp_Permalink sp_Print

* Article on a production of The Tempest using Beatles music.

* Shirley Bassey has a cover of Hey Jude on her latest album.

* A chance to meet Paul in North Carolina is going up for auction. [x-posted to the Out There thread]

* A leather jacket John wore during Mad Day Out (in ’68, not ’69 as the article states) is up for auction [x-posted to the auctions thread]

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

23 October 2014
6.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Number 01 of ‘The Beatles’ (aka ‘The White Album ‘) is going into auction reports Wogblog writing

“But it’s not No. 00000000001, it’s actually No. 01!
It’s a 1st pressing of The Beatles (White Album ) UK 1968 mono album, complete with poster and photos, and the sleeve is marked No. 01, a rare number variant.
When purchased by the current owner, the previous owner said that this album had been given to him by an Apple executive who had worked for The Beatles.
This apparently mis-pressed sleeve was subsequently gifted to him by one of the group.
It is believed that The Beatles did not like the first sleeve enumeration system as they wanted more digits to allow all covers to be numbered and not just a batch with double figures up to 10, which Apple had delivered to their offices in Saville Row for the group.
Subsequently it is believed that the printers added more 000s to accommodate the Beatles request and sent another batch to Apple, leaving the first run as very rare anomalies. “

Additional details and a picture of the album cover is at the link.

Wogblog also reports that Olivia Harrison appeared on the BBC Radio 2 show ‘Jools Holland‘ last Monday (20th October 2014) for an interview and also aired 60 seconds of a previously unheard demo of George’s, ‘Fear Of Flying ‘. You can hear the full show, or just skip to the demo’, on the BBC iPlayer where its available for four weeks but availability depends on where you are in the world.

24 October 2014
3.40am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2029sp_Permalink sp_Print

WogBlog post on Olivia’s guest spot on BBC Radio, during which she played a minute of a demo of George’s “Fear of Flying .”

Here’s a YouTube video of the demo.

[x-posted to the Fiendish Thingies thread]

* Joe posted at the Record Store Day thread, but in case you didn’t see it:

The Long Tall Sally EP is being reissued for RSD in the US (28 November). Apparently it’s limited to 7,000 copies

parlance

24 October 2014
11.36pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul‘s been sighted in Florida.

* From The Macca Report:

Paul, Nancy and her son Arlen have been in Orlando since Monday visiting the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. No waiting in line for Sir Paul at Disney World. He and his family were given the VIP treatment.

Thursday Paul was a guest speaker at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida where he talked to 600 students about his career in music and The Beatles. Nancy’s son attends the college.

* Instagram video

* News 13 report on Paul’s talk at Rollins College.

parlance

25 October 2014
3.03am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2031sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m leaving Florida Sunday… Must track down Paul!!

Even though I’m not near him…

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

25 October 2014
6.34am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

From the Grammy Museum:

Sound Man: Glyn Johns
Monday, November 17, 2014; 7:30 p.m.

Glyn Johns was just sixteen-years-old at the dawn of rock and roll. His big break as a producer came on the Steve Miller Band’s debut album Children of the Future. He went on to engineer and produce such iconic albums as Abbey Road with The Beatles, Led Zepplin’s and the Eagles’ debuts, Who’s Next by The Who, and many others. In his memoir, “Sound Man,” set to be released on November 13, 2014, Johns take the reader on a tour of his world during the heady years of the sixties. He was there during some of the most iconic moments in rock history including the Stones’ first European tour, Jimi Hendrix’s appearance at Albert Hall in London, and The Beatles’ performance on the roof of their Savile Road studio. Over the last two decades, Johns’ career has shown no signs of slowing down. He has worked with Crosby, Stills and Nash, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Band of Horses, and most recently, Ryan Adams. Please join us in welcoming Glyn Johns to the Clive Davis Theater for a discussion about his book and prolific career with Vice President of the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares Scott Goldman.

BUY YOUR TICKETS
Doors open at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in person at the Museum Box Office or online. All proceeds benefit The GRAMMY Museum. For more information, please call (213.765.6803) or visit grammymuseum.org.

[x-posted to the Let It Be thread]

parlance

25 October 2014
6.52am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Article on a woman who’s selling a pair of glasses she got from John after pinching his rear in a nightclub. [x-posted to the fan encounters and auction threads]

* From Billboard: The Beatles’ ‘All You Need Is Love ‘ Back in Top 10, Thanks to Dave Koz (& Friends). Here’s the cover. [x-posted to the Best Covers thread]

parlance

27 October 2014
4.39pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
2034sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles facebook page has shared BBC’s link asking for Beatley references in the BBC music God Only Knows.

27 October 2014
5.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2035sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFieldsForever said
The Beatles facebook page has shared BBC’s link asking for Beatley references in the BBC music God Only Knows.

Would that mean i’d have to listen to the cover again? If so i’m not getting involved as its not very good at all. 

27 October 2014
5.37pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2036sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner article on Paul’s talk at Rollins College.

parlance

28 October 2014
3.40pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Chubby Checker’s ‘The Twist’ has been revealed as the number one song in Billboard’s Top 100 Songs of The Sixties beating ‘Hey Jude ‘ which is second. ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand ‘ is at #5.

29 October 2014
2.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Wogblog has posted that French and German Amazon stores are accepting pre-orders for new vinyl editions of ‘1962 – 1966’, ‘1967 – 1970’, ‘Love’ and ‘1’. Scheduled for release in those two countries on the 21st November 2014 the US and UK releases are expected to be a few days later but no official announce has yet been made.

[x-posted to ‘The Vinyl Thread‘]

29 October 2014
3.36pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Paul’s made an exclusive download of “Letting Go” available for free in celebration of the reissues.

[x-posted to the Archives thread]

parlance

30 October 2014
1.42pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2040sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wogblog reports that Universal Japan are releasing 16 Beatles albums (the standard ‘Please Please Me ‘ thru to ‘Past Masters ‘ + the Red and Blue albums) on the SHM-CD format on the 17th December. Also coming in the same format but a little earlier (3rd December) is ‘”Photograph:The Very Best of Ringo Starr “. More details at the link.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690