2009 Revolver Remaster- Ringo Start | Fab Forum

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
2009 Revolver Remaster- Ringo Start
No permission to create posts
31 July 2010
8.03pm
Avatar
RedLennon
Whitewater WI
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 195
Member Since:
5 July 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The back of the Revolver 2009 Stereo remaster names the lead singer of every song.  They mispelled McCartney on all 5 of his songs, Harrison on 2 of his songs, and Starr on YS  (McCariney Harrisun and Start respectively.)  What is with the Typos?  Are they intentional?  It seems intentional, I don't know how they would screw up  times on the back of an album.

 

http://social.entertainment.ms.....st=1563827

 

It appears as if I got a fake Boxset….  (I got it for 70 bucks off Ebay)

 

Edit:  After Finding out that the box is actually counterfiet, which is why the spelling error are there.  I suppose the only point of this thread now is a warning to not by your box sets off Ebay.

31 July 2010
9.27pm
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1331
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

RedLennon said:

The back of the Revolver 2009 Stereo remaster names the lead singer of every song.  They mispelled McCartney on all 5 of his songs, Harrison on 2 of his songs, and Starr on YS  (McCariney Harrisun and Start respectively.)  What is with the Typos?  Are they intentional?  It seems intentional, I don't know how they would screw up  times on the back of an album.

 

http://social.entertainment.ms.....st=1563827

 

It appears as if I got a fake Boxset….  (I got it for 70 bucks off Ebay)

 

Edit:  After Finding out that the box is actually counterfiet, which is why the spelling error are there.  I suppose the only point of this thread now is a warning to not by your box sets off Ebay.


Yikes, that's pretty awful. I thought ebay had pretty strict rules for the sellers, but I guess not strict enough.
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
31 July 2010
11.27pm
Avatar
skye
AZ
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 2269
Member Since:
12 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Where did it ship from? Because that might have been your first clue. But I bought a questionable copy of Yellow Submarine from some one in the US, so it's not a guarantee authenticity. Sorry you were scammed.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
31 July 2010
11.49pm
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 2722
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Oh no! 🙁 I just ran and checked mine. They're all authentic. (Whew!)

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

1 August 2010
12.29am
Marcelo
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 482
Member Since:
27 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Redlennon: Sorry to hear that...

 

MeanMrs.Mustard: How do you know if it's authentic or not?

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
1 August 2010
2.55am
The CREeK
A Small Town 22 Miles South of Oregon
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 109
Member Since:
18 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Marcelo said:

MeanMrs.Mustard: How do you know if it's authentic or not?


 

Well, a big hint is if everyone's name is spelled correctly.

1 August 2010
3.24am
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 2722
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The CREeK said:

Marcelo said:

MeanMrs.Mustard: How do you know if it's authentic or not?


 

Well, a big hint is if everyone's name is spelled correctly.


And if you didn't get it off eBay. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

1 August 2010
7.45am
Avatar
RedLennon
Whitewater WI
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 195
Member Since:
5 July 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I bought it off Ebay like a month ago.  It shipped from a US location, meaning, he bought it from China for dirt cheap, and sold it for a little bit more claiming it was authentic. 

 

Besides the Revolver errors, 2 other signs of counterfeit is if sgt peppers is printed like "Sgt Pepper'S Lonely Hearts Club Band" (note the capital S), and Wild Honey Pie is listed twice on the White Album.

 

Everything works fine at least.

7 August 2010
4.28pm
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 329
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Few! I just checked mine and its all spellled correctly. Can you believe that some people have the nerve to misspell a Batle's name!?!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison
7 August 2010
5.12pm
Avatar
Sunii
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 646
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

kingjjj8 said:

Few! I just checked mine and its all spellled correctly. Can you believe that some people have the nerve to misspell a Beatle's name!?!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-14


You mispelled Beatles, kind of bothered me. What the hell is a Batle? a-hard-days-night-paul-11
  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
7 August 2010
10.09pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 4630
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sunii said:

kingjjj8 said:

Few! I just checked mine and its all spellled correctly. Can you believe that some people have the nerve to misspell a Beatle's name!?!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-14


You mispelled Beatles, kind of bothered me. What the hell is a Batle? a-hard-days-night-paul-11
 

A Beatle with a desire to fight? (Batle--Battle?)

 

Ok insert here Ringo drums to indicate lame joke..... a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
8 August 2010
6.48am
Avatar
Paulrus
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 892
Member Since:
8 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Battle Beatles sounds awesome! We should make action figures! Each Beatle has their own special attack, of course.

We just need to decide on which costume they have, and the special attacks, of course.

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
8 August 2010
6.51am
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1068
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paulrus said:

Battle Beatles sounds awesome! We should make action figures! Each Beatle has their own special attack, of course.

We just need to decide on which costume they have, and the special attacks, of course.


George's would be an Apple gun.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
8 August 2010
6.55am
Avatar
Paulrus
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 892
Member Since:
8 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ringo would be a ninja, but he'd use drumsticks instead of shurikens

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
8 August 2010
6.57am
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1068
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paulrus said:

Ringo would be a ninja, but he'd use drumsticks instead of shurikens


Unrelated: You're profile pic doesn't work, it says Bandwidth exceeded.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
8 August 2010
6.58am
Avatar
Paulrus
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 892
Member Since:
8 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm gonna need to replace it with something

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
8 August 2010
6.27pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 4630
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Mhhh Ringo sounds more like throwing holes like freesbies. Man, we need a Beatle Battle action figures. John fits better with the ninja skills..... and George sounds great with an apple gun apple01
 

Hey but why not having them attack with their instruments like in Kung Fu Hustle?? Wearing their Sgt. Pepper coats? That would be AWESOME!!

 

Yeah yeah I know Beatles = Love but that doesn't mean they can kick ass!!

 

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
8 August 2010
6.59pm
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1331
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paulrus said:

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm gonna need to replace it with something


That avatar is awesome!
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
10 August 2010
11.53pm
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 329
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ha! I think paul should just beat the crap out of people with his violin body bass!a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, AppleScruffJunior, O Boogie, Don.W, gembo555
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 18174

Ahhh Girl: 11591

Starr Shine?: 11259

Zig: 8151

Silly Girl: 7424

parlance: 7095

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6132

trcanberra: 5776

Ron Nasty: 5285

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3463

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3913

Posts: 215362

Newest Members:

billgra, 20_forthlin_road, 24maxiaan, Day Tripper, joe4

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 11591, meanmistermustard: 18174, Zig: 8151, Joe: 4447

Administrators: Joe: 4447, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: None