your worst 10 | Page 4 | The songs | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  
 

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

your worst 10
5 November 2010
3.47am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2761
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
61

No, that's not a good thing.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

5 November 2010
1.10pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2261
Member Since:
1 December 2009
Offline
62

mr. Sun king coming together said:

vonbontee said:

And you really hate Indian instrumentation, don't you?


Yes I Do
The lyrics to all 3 are great but his choice of arrangement ruin the songs

Fair enough. I think you're missing out, but your opinion is your opinion.

Me, I'm thankful to George for getting me into Ravi Shankar! (To an extent.)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
5 November 2010
2.26pm
Decca
Forum Posts: 91
Member Since:
29 September 2010
Offline
63

Wow, what a tough question......!  Truly, I like ALL of their songs (as though I have to give this crowd a disclaimer! Ha!)  The ever-fluctuating list at the moment is:

Money--Like the song, but there's something unsettling about the irony of it....

Words Of Love--Love Buddy Holly but, well, yeeeeesh...

What You're Doing--Close call on this one.

Bad Boy--I mean, it's THE BEATLES, so how bad can it be?  Still.....<flush!>

Dizzy Miss Lizzy--I think I heard this one too many times or something....

Hold Me Tight--I know I'm just imagining that Paul's singing really flat towards the end......

Run for Your Life--Always gave me the creeps but the harmonies are cool....

Yellow Submarine--Sorry, I've heard it WAY too many times; WAY TOO MANY TIMES!

Dr. Robert--I "like" it sort of but it just doesn't seem up to par with the other work they were doing then.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer--I don't skip over it; I just don't really like it that much....

So, that's my 10......blue-meanie

5 November 2010
8.07pm
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 537
Member Since:
13 September 2010
Offline
64

Hmmm, that's pretty hard. But here it is. Also these are in no specific order. Just the ones I don't really seem to feel.

Revolution 9- Something about that songs just gives me the creeps. I normally can not listen to the whole thing without going into like a panic mode. I listened to it the whole way through 2 times and I had to focus on the guys voices to get through it. *shudders*

Mr. Moonlight- I just don't like it. A very very poor cover by them.

Dig It- It seems to have no point at all. Just some random rambling singing by them.

Wild Honey Pie- Same as above

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill- Another one I just don't really like. But it may be because of Yoko's backing vocals. Weak lyrics too.

Piggies- My least favorite Harrison song. Not very good, seems to have no point either.

Rockey Raccon- Don't like the sound. But I"m not the biggest fan of country either.

Why Don't We Do It In The Road- Repetitive. Another no point song.

Don't Pass Me By- Instruments aren't very good, Ringo's singing isn't very good either. Really the only part of that song I like is the fiddle.

Well that's all I can think of off the top  of my head. But this list will probably change in the future.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)
5 November 2010
8.17pm
DoctorRobert
Through the bathroom window
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 403
Member Since:
4 September 2010
Offline
65

MotherNaturesDaughter said:

Hmmm, that's pretty hard. But here it is. Also these are in no specific order. Just the ones I don't really seem to feel.

Revolution 9- Something about that songs just gives me the creeps. I normally can not listen to the whole thing without going into like a panic mode. I listened to it the whole way through 2 times and I had to focus on the guys voices to get through it. *shudders*

Mr. Moonlight- I just don't like it. A very very poor cover by them.

Dig It- It seems to have no point at all. Just some random rambling singing by them.

Wild Honey Pie- Same as above

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill- Another one I just don't really like. But it may be because of Yoko's backing vocals. Weak lyrics too.

Piggies- My least favorite Harrison song. Not very good, seems to have no point either.

Rockey Raccon- Don't like the sound. But I"m not the biggest fan of country either.

Why Don't We Do It In The Road- Repetitive. Another no point song.

Don't Pass Me By- Instruments aren't very good, Ringo's singing isn't very good either. Really the only part of that song I like is the fiddle.

Well that's all I can think of off the top  of my head. But this list will probably change in the future.


whooah, pretty anti-White Album. and Piggies is about the greed of man, so does have a point.
You all will have read that Dave Dee is no longer with us. But Mickey and Titch and I would like to carry on the good work that's always gone down in number two.
6 November 2010
6.36am
CranberrySauce
Sitting on a Corn Flake
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 402
Member Since:
4 November 2010
Offline
66

Let's see...

I'm sorry to say that I only own Revolver, Abbey Road Anthology 1 and bits from the Red and Blue Albums, so I can't agree or disagree with some of your choices since I haven't actually heard the tracks...(Hopefully I'll get the remasters come the holidays). Another note: the quality of many of my recordings is absolutely appalling (think record player--to tape--to computer 30 years later). So this list will most likely be altered once I hear the 'real' tracks!

 

But here's what I think, as of 11/5/2010 (different time-zone, fyi):

You'll be Mine: I just don't like the vocals on here. Everything about this song doesn't feel very Beatley.

 

Lady Madonna: Used to really hate this song; now I actually (maybe) like it. But it just doesn't feel as well done as their other songs.

 

Dizzy Miss Lizzy: I know it's cover and all, but this just sounded like they were trying to imitate every other Rock 'n Roller; I much prefer their distinctive sounds and those beautiful harmonies from the earlier years to their covers.

 

Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey: Just seemed like an awful lot of shouting without too many interesting details in the music.

 

The Night Before: Never really caught my attention.

 

Rocky Raccoon: Am I allowed to put this on here if I've only heard it once? This song just struck me as rather silly, and I didn't like the overall style.

 

Her Majesty: This is only on here because I am seriously running out of least favorites.... 23 seconds of a silly and sweet little ditty that didn't make a dent (pothole?)  in Abbey Road

 

Lend me your Comb: I find the subject manner very frivolous and altogether goofy. But then again, this was still the early years, when they were trying to project this kind of image. Still, if I'm looking for Beatle silliness, I'll start playing "Boys, what I was Thinking..." or their cover of "Twist And Shout".

 

Hello Little Girl: This song creeped me out just a little bit. First of all, the name alone makes it sound like some sort of stalker song, and hearing them sing it over and over again to music is just so disconcerting. Maybe it was there way of turning the tables on the obsessive fans...

 

How Do You Do It: If I recall correctly, this one wasn't actually written by them (George Martin...I think). It's pretty dull, repetitive and sounds like every other safe and boring song from family-friendly boybands of the early sixties. Come on, where are the rockin' Beatles that I have come to know and love? Gimme "Shout!" and "You Can't do That" and "I Saw Her Standing There"!

 

Yes, I do realize I have a thing against Anthology 1. And yes, I am planning on buying the remasters.

Because the wind is high, it blows my mind.
7 November 2010
10.44pm
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 537
Member Since:
13 September 2010
Offline
67

DoctorRobert said:

MotherNaturesDaughter said:

Hmmm, that's pretty hard. But here it is. Also these are in no specific order. Just the ones I don't really seem to feel.

Revolution 9- Something about that songs just gives me the creeps. I normally can not listen to the whole thing without going into like a panic mode. I listened to it the whole way through 2 times and I had to focus on the guys voices to get through it. *shudders*

Mr. Moonlight- I just don't like it. A very very poor cover by them.

Dig It- It seems to have no point at all. Just some random rambling singing by them.

Wild Honey Pie- Same as above

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill- Another one I just don't really like. But it may be because of Yoko's backing vocals. Weak lyrics too.

Piggies- My least favorite Harrison song. Not very good, seems to have no point either.

Rockey Raccon- Don't like the sound. But I"m not the biggest fan of country either.

Why Don't We Do It In The Road- Repetitive. Another no point song.

Don't Pass Me By- Instruments aren't very good, Ringo's singing isn't very good either. Really the only part of that song I like is the fiddle.

Well that's all I can think of off the top  of my head. But this list will probably change in the future.


whooah, pretty anti-White Album. and Piggies is about the greed of man, so does have a point.
 

It's just that I'm with George Martin that they should have just done one disc with it. It has a lot of pretty short and kind of pointless songs on it, but it also of couse has some gems. Happieness is a Warm Gun, Blackbird, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Julia, and I Will to name a few. But it really would have worked better as one disc.
"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)
7 November 2010
10.50pm
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1168
Member Since:
7 August 2010
Offline
68

I do agree with you. It should be on one disk. I dont like having to chang eit after Julia and put a new disk in. But thats just me being lazy a-hard-days-night-george-10

Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
8 November 2010
3.10pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2213
Member Since:
14 December 2009
Offline
69

Hmm, that sounds like a nice new twist on the old "prune the White Album" game: instead of a full LP's worth, eliminate 15 minutes worth of material to make a 79-minute album that'll fit on a single compact disc!

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
8 November 2010
8.12pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
70

Taking out rev.9 takes away over half of what you need

Also, does anybody own a bootleg including The whole "Can you take me back" which follows Cry Baby Cry? Thanks

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
9 November 2010
11.02am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3601
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline
71

If you want me to, I will.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

12 November 2010
9.15pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline

vonbontee said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

vonbontee said:

And you really hate Indian instrumentation, don't you?


Yes I Do
 

The lyrics to all 3 are great but his choice of arrangement ruin the songs


Fair enough. I think you're missing out, but your opinion is your opinion.

 

Me, I'm thankful to George for getting me into Ravi Shankar! (To an extent.)


vonbontee, after hearing your line about I think you're missing out ringing in my heads for weeks, I re listened to Within You Without You and Love You To today at school and decided that the Indian instrumentation was a nice touch

oh and Thanks Joe for the video

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
4 February 2011
9.58pm
deboraht
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
4 February 2011
Offline
73

I think Tomorrow Never Knows and Baby You're a rich man are two of the BEST !

 

You can't count cover versions, Anna is a brilliant old soul song, Til there was you is from the Music man, Money is a great version writeen by Berry Gordy and Janie Bradford.

 

My least fave beatles songs are (can't find 10)

Blue Jay Way

Run for your life (because the lyrics are so lennon violent)

4 February 2011
11.54pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
74

deboraht said:

My least fave beatles songs are (can't find 10)

Run for your life (because the lyrics are so lennon violent)

You aren't alone. Two of our posters re-wrote the song independently from one another.

 

*17*


I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
5 February 2011
1.29am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1345
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
75

Reading through this post, I think Zig said it well that this list would change in a few months. Since June, I rather enjoy Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Revolution 9, so I'm not sure what my least favorites would be.

Definitely Matchbox, just awful. The two Harrisongs off of Help just are never going to grow on me, neither will Tell Me What You See and I'll add Dizzy Miss Lizzy to the list. Interesting that I haven't seen anyone mention Slow Down, although John is pretty funny on that song. I don't really like Piggies, I just don't, sounds too arrogant. And Two of Us, yuck. a-hard-days-night-george-10

What ever happened to Mr. Big? I kind of miss him, there I said it.mal-evans

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
12 March 2011
9.21pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
76

GniknuS said:

Reading through this post, I think Zig said it well that this list would change in a few months.

I agree. Mr. Sun King Worst 10, Take 2: (In no specific order)

  1. Revolution
    9
  2. Sie Liebt
    Dich
  3. Flying
  4. Magical
    Mystery Tour
  5. Matchbox
  6. Can’t
    Buy Me Love
  7. Wild
    Honey Pie
  8. Dig
    It
  9. Maggie
    Mae
  10. A
    day In The Life….Kidding!!! Mr. Moonlight

 

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
12 March 2011
9.26pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2761
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
77

mr. Sun king coming together said:

  1. A day In The Life….Kidding!!! Mr. Moonlight

 Thanks for the heart attack!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

13 March 2011
2.07am
Nothing Is Real
Nowhere Land
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
3 January 2011
Offline
78

Why Don't We Do It In The Road? - I find it rather annoying how there's only like twelve words in it, which are repeated too many times
One After 909 - I'm not a big fan of the Let it Be version, although I do like the version on Anthology 1
Wild Honey Pie - I don't really think this one needs an explanation..
Dig It - (See above)
Flying - It doesn't sound very Beatley, does it?
Matchbox - I don't really know why
Dizzy Miss Lizzy - This song just annoys me, and is actually the only one I skip when I'm listening to my iPod
Revolution 9 - I like the beginning of it, though
Mr. Moonlight - (See above)
Boys - (Sorry Ringo)

Living is easy with eyes closed misunderstanding all you see
13 March 2011
2.25am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
79

Nothing Is Real, did I tell you I love your Avatar?

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
13 March 2011
3.26am
Nothing Is Real
Nowhere Land
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
3 January 2011
Offline
80

Now you did. And thanks, me too!

Living is easy with eyes closed misunderstanding all you see
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Atlas, Long Tall Sally
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10925

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5895

parlance: 5755

Annadog40: 5170

Zig: 4715

Mr. Kite: 4682

mithveaen: 4645

Ron Nasty: 3329

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2761

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3204

Posts: 144309

Newest Members: hark.theangelscome, harktheangelscome, Paperback Writer 1971, kristen12356, glaszwiebel

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5895, meanmistermustard: 10925, Zig: 4715, Joe: 3601

Administrators: Joe: 3601, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mistermark21
Upcoming: None