The Light Song About Murder!!! | The songs | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Light Song About Murder!!!
20 February 2010
4.48pm
Lewis346
Penny Lane
Decca
Forum Posts: 93
Member Since:
24 January 2010
Offline

I was just wondering whilst listening to it if anybody in the forum can guess what song I am talking about!

Anybody got it?

?

Anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there.
20 February 2010
5.32pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

Hmm. Maxwell's Silver Hammer seems too obvious. I've heard that Yes It Is alludes to it, but I'm not convinced.

I'm voting Rocky Raccoon.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
20 February 2010
5.39pm
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline

skye said:

Hmm. Maxwell's Silver Hammer seems too obvious. I've heard that Yes It Is alludes to it, but I'm not convinced.

I'm voting Rocky Raccoon.


The 'light' bit is a bit confusing! I thought of both of the above plus Bungalow Bill ("He went out shootingtiger hunting with his elephant and gun") etc.

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
20 February 2010
6.56pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

I thought he had only killed tigers, which is sad but not murder. Their trip to India would have been very different if it had gone all Agatha Christie on them.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
21 February 2010
7.14am
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline

skye said:I thought he had only killed tigers, which is sad but not murder.


Crikes Surprised Don't let the Animal Rights brigade hear you say that Laugh

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
21 February 2010
3.11pm
Lewis346
Penny Lane
Decca
Forum Posts: 93
Member Since:
24 January 2010
Offline

Results will soon be in!

Laugh

Anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there.
21 February 2010
9.09pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

mjb said:

skye said:I thought he had only killed tigers, which is sad but not murder.


Crikes Surprised Don't let the Animal Rights brigade hear you say that Laugh


Pfft. I'll take my chances. Cool

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
21 February 2010
11.02pm
iCaramba
Guest

How about "Run for Your Life"… is that it? The singer is contemplating murder in that song…

22 February 2010
1.54pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3450
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline

My first reaction was Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Having written articles on every Beatles song I'm ashamed to say I can't really recall another about murder Surprised

(apart from Bungalow Bill, of course. John also said Happiness Was A Warm Gun was a shocking statement, as it meant you'd just shot something, but I wouldn't call that a light song.)

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

22 February 2010
2.36pm
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline
10

Well if Lewis doesn't soon confess then action must be taken LaughLaughLaugh

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
22 February 2010
5.04pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
11

iCaramba said:How about "Run for Your Life"… is that it? The singer is contemplating murder in that song…


I think that could be it. Lewis didn't say if it was accomplished or not.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
22 February 2010
6.51pm
Lewis346
Penny Lane
Decca
Forum Posts: 93
Member Since:
24 January 2010
Offline
12

Ok guys. Im seeing impatience! (Thats spelt wrong isnt it? oh well) and the song was…

It was a little obvious really!

Maxwells Silver Hammer

The winner was skye! as he got the closest! (He mensioned it and was going to vote for it. (Brackets in brackets. nice, eh?. My spelling is very off today!)

As skye was the winner he gets a prize!

A lifetimes supply of… Oxygen!

Congrats!

And thats "The End" (Booo! Get off the stage!)

Thank you and goodnight!

Anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there.
22 February 2010
7.01pm
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline
13

OK, maybe I'm being dumb, but what's THE LIGHT SONG part of Maxwell's Silver Hammer?

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
22 February 2010
7.07pm
Lewis346
Penny Lane
Decca
Forum Posts: 93
Member Since:
24 January 2010
Offline
14

mjb said:OK, maybe I'm being dumb, but what's THE LIGHT SONG part of Maxwell's Silver Hammer?


Its very upbeat and enjoyable. Im sure it was John who said it was light and fruity.Laugh

Anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there.
22 February 2010
8.07pm
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 401
Member Since:
21 August 2009
Offline
15

Lewis346 said:

mjb said:OK, maybe I'm being dumb, but what's THE LIGHT SONG part of Maxwell's Silver Hammer?


Its very upbeat and enjoyable. Im sure it was John who said it was light and fruity.Laugh


I believe what he really said was that it was more of Paul's "granny music" and he hated the, well, shit out of it. Cool

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!
22 February 2010
8.15pm
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline
16

Alissa said:

Lewis346 said:

mjb said:OK, maybe I'm being dumb, but what's THE LIGHT SONG part of Maxwell's Silver Hammer?


Its very upbeat and enjoyable. Im sure it was John who said it was light and fruity.Laugh


I believe what he really said was that it was more of Paul's "granny music" and he hated the, well, shit out of it. Cool


Oh he said that all right……………….funny thing is I've always liked it!

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
22 February 2010
8.21pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
17

Lewis346 said:

The winner was skye! as he got the closest! (He mensioned it and was going to vote for it. (Brackets in brackets. nice, eh?. My spelling is very off today!)


She gets the prize. :P

I always figured the judge in that song had it coming. Honestly, Max did it a court room with exhibit A.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
23 February 2010
1.00pm
MadiYasha
Granite Falls, WA
Abbey Road
Forum Posts: 99
Member Since:
11 February 2010
Offline

I killed you, in the courtroom, with the hammer :B

Best game of clue ever, no?

"I'd like to end up sort of unforgettable."
23 February 2010
7.30pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2288
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
19

Hmm… Beatle's themed Clue. I'd buy that! Much better than Beatles Monopoly. (Let's see, if we get the floor plans of Kenwood…)

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
24 February 2010
11.14am
mjb
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 536
Member Since:
14 October 2009
Offline
20

skye said:Hmm… Beatle's themed Clue. I'd buy that! Much better than Beatles Monopoly. (Let's see, if we get the floor plans of Kenwood…)


I was reading about Kenwood on Wikipedia at the weekend.  Lots of info on it.

"If we feel our heads starting to swell.....we just look at Ringo!"
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Bulldog, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
154 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9716

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5101

Ahhh Girl: 4937

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4105

Zig: 4099

Mr. Kite: 3647

Ron Nasty: 3025

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2589

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3162

Posts: 133696

Newest Members: estoreparka, mouse, ug3hp, tilt, JMF

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4937), meanmistermustard (9716), Zig (4099), Joe (3450)

Administrators: Joe (3450), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None