Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The 007-ish intro to "Help!"
26 November 2012
9.20pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1898

It's only available, I think, on the "original soundtrack" LP.

http://swf.tubechop.com/tubech…..cid=701638

I always liked this James Bondy spy movie intro, then a moment of silence, then the beginning of "Help!" comes right in.  They should have kept that in subsequent albums.

P.S.:  I was amazed to find that on an Advanced Search of this forum "songs" -- I got ZERO results for "help"!!!

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
27 November 2012
1.33am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

Funny Paper, you can find that version in the Capitol Albums. I'm not sure if it was here or somewhere else, but that intro was my ringtone for many months until I changed it to Sherlock's BBC theme.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
27 November 2012
3.22am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9238

Its a cool piece and fits the opening of the US LP but not Help! when its on another compilation. It was included on the US Red Album LP in '73 but wisely not on the cd when released in '93 and its not on the remaster either.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
27 November 2012
4.19am
RunForYourLife
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 152

I believe that Vic Flick (the guitarist who played the 007 theme) actually plays the twangy guitar on the instrumental bits in A Hard Day's Night.

27 November 2012
5.19am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

mithveaen said
Funny Paper, you can find that version in the Capitol Albums. I'm not sure if it was here or somewhere else, but that intro was my ringtone for many months until I changed it to Sherlock's BBC theme.

Great ring tone -- did you include at least the first "Help!" too?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
27 November 2012
6.09am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

RunForYourLife said
I believe that Vic Flick (the guitarist who played the 007 theme) actually plays the twangy guitar on the instrumental bits in A Hard Day's Night.

Never heard of Vic Flick before.  I see now that he did the guitar work for the "James Bond theme" in the movie Dr. No (1962) -- three years before Help!

27 November 2012
6.45pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

….That's not "007-ish"- that is the Bond theme! Cheers for sharing though, I hadn't heard that before.

And sorry to derail this a bit, but Mith, I have some really, really bad news about Sherlock:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11…..on-3-date/

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

28 November 2012
2.10am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

ahdn_paul_06 I know! But Sue Vertue confirmed that the date of the shooting was delayed but not the release of Series 3. ahdn_ringo_09 Good because I was saaad!!

And now… stay-on-topic

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
28 November 2012
3.27am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 240

mithveaen said
ahdn_paul_06 I know! But Sue Vertue confirmed that the date of the shooting was delayed but not the release of Series 3.ahdn_ringo_09 Good because I was saaad!!

And now… stay-on-topic

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Before we get back to stay-on-topic, I thought the British release was still on track but the American release was delayed? The fandom on Tumblr is on fire about it all. I just got into Sherlock about a month ago, but I am hooked. I really hope you're right, Mith. I sooo don't want to have to wait until 2014 to see the next season! But I thought of the possibility that the production and release could be delayed because of Benedict's role as Brian in The Fifth Beatle. So if it's all delayed for The Beatles' sake, I think I could live with it lol. a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: MrMoonlight, Mimi, Bulldog
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9238

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4888

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4458

Zig: 3630

Annadog40: 3528

Mr. Kite: 3172

Ron Nasty: 2940

fabfouremily: 2926

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2496

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3184

Newest Members: tangerinetrees99, GeorgeLuvr, PauliesGirl, SamLucille, jfk3456

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4458), meanmistermustard (9238), Zig (3630), Joe (3404)

Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None