Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The 007-ish intro to "Help!"
3 February 2012
2.01am
Tubescreamer
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

note: meanmistermustard moved two threads on the 30th July 2014, i thought it better to have both together but due to a large overlap with post dates i haven’t detailed which posts were part of which thread.

Hello Beatlepeople!  

I’ve been trying to find a downloadable version of this without buying that whole box set.

Any advice? 

3 February 2012
2.15am
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979

Never realized the James Bond theme was on Help !

Depending on where you live, it might be very easy to get hold of the vinyl record.

Then, if you know someone with a “digital” turntable,  it's relatively easy to convert to digital format.

If you're not getting anywhere, let me know.

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

3 February 2012
2.44pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

You can always download it from youtube, video2mp3 media converter is just one of a number of online places that convert youtube videos to mp3 files. I have no idea where else you can download the individual song.  

The James Bond Intro Help ! is currently on The Capitol Albums Volume 2 not the 2009 Stereo or Mono boxsets. It was the opening to the US Help ! Original Soundtrack album and later on the 1973 US release of 1962 – 1966, tho i think it was omitted in subsequent reissues. Not sure if it was on The Beatles Box lp set released in 1982.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 February 2012
3.45am
Tubescreamer
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Thank you, meanmistermustard.

5 February 2012
4.01am
RevolvingPiggies
a place where I can go
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
[Image Can Not Be Found] 
I won the vinyl, got it for about $12 in a record store. Here’s the outside and inside (I love the inside!)
[Image Can Not Be Found]

I am very happy, and one reason is because I have The Beatles. Thank you!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

6 February 2012
1.56am
robert
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 415

uhm, I have the original one I bought in 1965.

"She looks more like him than I do."

26 November 2012
9.20pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

It’s only available, I think, on the “original soundtrack” LP.

I always liked this James Bondy spy movie intro, then a moment of silence, then the beginning of “Help !” comes right in.  They should have kept that in subsequent albums.

P.S.:  I was amazed to find that on an Advanced Search of this forum “songs” — I got ZERO results for “help”!!!

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

27 November 2012
1.33am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

Funny Paper, you can find that version in the Capitol Albums. I’m not sure if it was here or somewhere else, but that intro was my ringtone for many months until I changed it to Sherlock’s BBC theme.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

27 November 2012
3.22am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

Its a cool piece and fits the opening of the US LP but not Help ! when its on another compilation. It was included on the US Red Album LP in ’73 but wisely not on the cd when released in ’93 and its not on the remaster either.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 November 2012
4.19am
RunForYourLife
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 153

I believe that Vic Flick (the guitarist who played the 007 theme) actually plays the twangy guitar on the instrumental bits in A Hard Day’s Night .

The following people thank RunForYourLife for this post:

Tubescreamer
27 November 2012
5.19am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

mithveaen said
Funny Paper, you can find that version in the Capitol Albums. I’m not sure if it was here or somewhere else, but that intro was my ringtone for many months until I changed it to Sherlock’s BBC theme.

Great ring tone — did you include at least the first “Help !” too?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

27 November 2012
6.09am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

RunForYourLife said
I believe that Vic Flick (the guitarist who played the 007 theme) actually plays the twangy guitar on the instrumental bits in A Hard Day’s Night .

Never heard of Vic Flick before.  I see now that he did the guitar work for the “James Bond theme” in the movie Dr. No (1962) — three years before Help !

27 November 2012
6.45pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228

….That’s not “007-ish”- that is the Bond theme! Cheers for sharing though, I hadn’t heard that before.

And sorry to derail this a bit, but Mith, I have some really, really bad news about Sherlock:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11…..on-3-date/

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

28 November 2012
2.10am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

ahdn_paul_06 I know! But Sue Vertue confirmed that the date of the shooting was delayed but not the release of Series 3. ahdn_ringo_09 Good because I was saaad!!

And now… stay-on-topic

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

28 November 2012
3.27am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238

mithveaen said
ahdn_paul_06 I know! But Sue Vertue confirmed that the date of the shooting was delayed but not the release of Series 3.ahdn_ringo_09 Good because I was saaad!!

And now… stay-on-topic

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Before we get back to stay-on-topic, I thought the British release was still on track but the American release was delayed? The fandom on Tumblr is on fire about it all. I just got into Sherlock about a month ago, but I am hooked. I really hope you’re right, Mith. I sooo don’t want to have to wait until 2014 to see the next season! But I thought of the possibility that the production and release could be delayed because of Benedict’s role as Brian in The Fifth Beatle. So if it’s all delayed for The Beatles’ sake, I think I could live with it lol. a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

8 March 2013
7.51am
Hoozat
L.A.
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Google search and find the video.

Then use Firefox add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-…..oadhelper/

Video DownloadHelper 4.9.13

The easy way to download Web videos from hundreds of YouTube-like sites.

This works also for audio and picture galleries.

then use AppGeeker to convert the youtube files (often ends as .*flv) to any other common format for suitable your devices. 

i.e. How to convert .flv files to .mp4 format

This guide will walk you through the conversion process.

I try this one and it’s very goood.

Hope it works.

18 March 2013
5.40pm
Yhaal House
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15

Who played the James Bond theme then.

One assumes it’s not the Beatles (as no such session has ever been documented).

Where was it nicked from?

Is it the original Vic Flick (John Barry Orchestra) version?

18 March 2013
10.03pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

I had started a topic on this in November of 2012 (called “The 007-ish intro to Help ), not knowing there might be another topic covering it.  Anyway, someone there answered that it was Vic Flick:

RunForYourLife said

Never heard of Vic Flick before.  I see now that he did the guitar work for the “James Bond theme” in the movie Dr. No (1962) — three years before Help !

16 September 2018
3.27pm
ptfitzy
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I could sure use some help. I’ve been looking all over for the Soundtrack CD “HELP” originally on the Capitol label in Mono.

I found a CD of the Soundtrack on “Discogs”. I am particularly interested in the James Bond intro to the song HELP. When I asked the buyer, he said it wasn’t on there. It’s in Mono but is on “Apple” I believe. Would there be anyone who could possibly record that particular song with the James Bond intro? It would be greatly appreciated. I would pay all expenses for the Disc and mailing. I also have several groups with concerts and outtakes. Pink Floyd, YES, RUSH, and Beatles.

Thanks, ptfitzy

17 September 2018
5.58am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

Hi @ptfitzy. We don’t do trading on this forum, sorry.

You need the “Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” version, which has HELP! across the middle in red/orange letters with a yellow background. It was included in the US Albums box set, and the second Capitol Albums box set too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…..ol_release

Here’s the master release on Discogs, which lists the CD versions:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Be…..ter/557656

The ‘normal’ UK Help !, mono or stereo, doesn’t have the James Bond intro. 

Here’s the audio. On the album it goes straight into the song Help ! at the end, as part of the same CD track. You can probably grab the audio from a web service if you search for one.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5515
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691