She Said She Said | The songs | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
She Said She Said
30 June 2010
2.11am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1366
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

The "official" lyrics are "and she's making me feel like I've never been born" but I'm listening to this song and there's no way that those are right! It sounds like "and she's making me feel like I'll never belong" or even "and she's making me feel like I've never been wrong." This has been driving me crazy for years and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts. Maybe that's how the scouse accent pronounces born, but it just doesn't sound right to me.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
30 June 2010
2.36am
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 379
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline

In this Beatles chordbook I have, the lyrics are "been born", and in this book I'm reading, The Beatles and Philosophy, it also says that the lyrics are "been born". I just gave it a listen and I think it sounds like "born"… I used to think it was "belonged", though. It's probably "born"…? a-hard-days-night-paul-2

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
30 June 2010
2.37am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline

CANNOT

UN HEAR

Damn you, Gnik Nus!

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
30 June 2010
2.47am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1366
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Alright well I just listened to the demo on youtube and it's much clearer that he says born, but still, it does sound like belong on the actual song.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
30 June 2010
2.49am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1366
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Although I don't understand why he didn't keep the "and he's making me feel like my trousers are torn" line in there.a-hard-days-night-john-7

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
30 June 2010
1.59pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator
Forum Posts: 3298
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

30 June 2010
8.46pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


You have John's humor. Refrigerator.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
30 June 2010
11.40pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator
Forum Posts: 3298
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

MrBig said:

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


You have John's humor. Refrigerator.

 

Thanks?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

30 June 2010
11.41pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline

Zig said:

MrBig said:

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


You have John's humor. Refrigerator.
 

 

Thanks?


Baseball cards.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
1 July 2010
2.17am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2803
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
10

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 That's MY favorite web site, too! 

It always sounded like "Never been born" to me. But then again, I also always thought John sang the "Aaaahs" in "A Day In The Life." I also think rain is wet, so obviously I can't be trusted. (Anybody spy the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" reference?) 

But "She Said She Said" is my favorite composition of John's on Revolver, so I pay extra special attention.  

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

2 July 2010
11.12am
sevenlevels
A town in Colorado
The Kaiserkeller
Forum Posts: 50
Member Since:
5 April 2010
Offline
11

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 That's MY favorite web site, too!
 

 

Me three! We should all start a forum there.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Anyways I've always thought it was "been born" as well. Of course, it could be "cranberry sauce".

I now declare this bridge open!
2 July 2010
1.08pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1115
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
12

One part I thought was "Uno somor those things in your head"

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
2 July 2010
8.20pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2803
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
13

sevenlevels said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 That's MY favorite web site, too!

 


 

Me three! We should all start a forum there.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Anyways I've always thought it was "been born" as well. Of course, it could be "cranberry sauce".


That's a great idea! 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

2 July 2010
10.18pm
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 491
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline

 

 

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


 

Never hear about it. Thanks!

 

When I heard it for the first time, I heard clearly "… been born" and I thought: "Man, she (he, in fact, Peter Fonda) made him (Dr. Winston O'Boogie) feel that way? How's that possible? Wow!" That's f*cking genius!"

 

And because this kind of things, I fell in love with the Beatles.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
2 July 2010
11.01pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2803
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
15

Marcelo said:

 

 

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


 

Never hear about it. Thanks!

 

When I heard it for the first time, I heard clearly "… been born" and I thought: "Man, she (he, in fact, Peter Fonda) made him (Dr. Winston O'Boogie) feel that way? How's that possible? Wow!" That's f*cking genius!"

 

And because this kind of things, I fell in love with the Beatles.

Well, they WERE on LSD….a-hard-days-night-paul-11


If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

2 July 2010
11.51pm
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 491
Member Since:
27 February 2010
Offline
16

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Marcelo said:

 

 

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


 

Never hear about it. Thanks!

 

When I heard it for the first time, I heard clearly "… been born" and I thought: "Man, she (he, in fact, Peter Fonda) made him (Dr. Winston O'Boogie) feel that way? How's that possible? Wow!" That's f*cking genius!"

 

And because this kind of things, I fell in love with the Beatles.

Well, they WERE on LSD….a-hard-days-night-paul-11



 

Yeah, I know that now…two-virginsa-hard-days-night-ringo-15brian-epstein
Nevertheless, I still think these are great lyrics.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
2 July 2010
11.59pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2803
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
17

Marcelo said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Marcelo said:

 

 

Zig said:

Here is a great article about the lyrics. I found this on my favorite web site.


 

Never hear about it. Thanks!

 

When I heard it for the first time, I heard clearly "… been born" and I thought: "Man, she (he, in fact, Peter Fonda) made him (Dr. Winston O'Boogie) feel that way? How's that possible? Wow!" That's f*cking genius!"

 

And because this kind of things, I fell in love with the Beatles.

Well, they WERE on LSD….a-hard-days-night-paul-11



 

Yeah, I know that now…two-virginsa-hard-days-night-ringo-15brian-epstein

Nevertheless, I still think these are great lyrics.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


Yeah, I wasn't demeaning them, just saying that it's probably easier to feel like you've never been born when you're on LSD than when you're sober. a-hard-days-night-john-3

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, 12StringKing
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Ahhh Girl
Upcoming Linde

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7181

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3645

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

ZiveJustSeenAFaceo: 1945

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Posts: 109967

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3340), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)