Have you ever learnt a Beatles Song for a special ocassion? | Fab Forum

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Have you ever learnt a Beatles Song for a special ocassion?
No permission to create posts
22 December 2010
9.13pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have you ever learnt/played a Beatles song for a special ocassion?a-hard-days-night-george-1

If so, you can write about it here, which song did you learn?a-hard-days-night-john-6, why did you choose that song?a-hard-days-night-john-5 anything related to the experience

I learnt christmas Time(Is here Again) for these special daysa-hard-days-night-ringo-7

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
23 December 2010
12.29am
Avatar
PennyLane
Sitting singing songs for everyone by the mountain stream
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1212
Member Since:
4 December 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Its not a Beatles song, but a long, long time ago in the 4th grade my school did this concert to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation, we sang Imagine. The teachers who set up the concert chose it. I knew it was John Lennon (I didn't know who the Beatles were then) who sang the song. Other than that, I've never performed a Beatles song for anything.

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Well we all shine on like the moon, the stars, and the sun.
23 December 2010
12.36am
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

PennyLane said:

Its not a Beatles song, but a long, long time ago in the 4th grade my school did this concert to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation, we sang Imagine. The teachers who set up the concert chose it. I knew it was John Lennon (I didn't know who the Beatles were then) who sang the song. Other than that, I've never performed a Beatles song for anything.

a-hard-days-night-john-1


That`s nice i hope everything turned out well and i hope you had fun singing it

I think we should extend this to solo Beatles songs

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
23 December 2010
12.43am
Avatar
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 537
Member Since:
13 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm most likely going to be learning the vocals for Money for our show choir auditions in April/May. I know that's a long way aways, but I want to blow them out of the water and get in.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)
23 December 2010
12.58am
Avatar
PennyLane
Sitting singing songs for everyone by the mountain stream
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1212
Member Since:
4 December 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Getting Better said:

PennyLane said:

Its not a Beatles song, but a long, long time ago in the 4th grade my school did this concert to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation, we sang Imagine. The teachers who set up the concert chose it. I knew it was John Lennon (I didn't know who the Beatles were then) who sang the song. Other than that, I've never performed a Beatles song for anything.

a-hard-days-night-john-1


That`s nice i hope everything turned out well and i hope you had fun singing it
 

I think we should extend this to solo Beatles songs


I don't remember much from the concert actually. I do remember singing it and enjoying it for the most part. For the charity aspect, I don't know who much we raised, but it was nice to sing for charity.
Well we all shine on like the moon, the stars, and the sun.
23 December 2010
1.03am
Avatar
StarWisher
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1159
Member Since:
25 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ages ago in school band, where I played percussion, we learned All My Loving. Now, there were 5 of us, and so there wasn't a kit to work off of. Someone had the snare, someone had the cymbal, and I'm sure the other two had something else to do that I don't remember. I was on the bass drum.

That song is kinda boring on percussion (or at least how it was adapted) when we played it.

Me: BOOM

Drummer: da da

Me: BOOM

Drummer: da

 

pretty much all the way through the song with someone else hitting the cone part of the ride cymbal pretty much straight through (maybe solid 8th notes?) the entire song.

It looks like it'd be much more fun on the kit! a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss
 
 
25 April 2011
10.23pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well i've been learning Let it Be and Hey Jude for pianoa-hard-days-night-paul-9 because of the event my music school will be doing this may, until now it's been a great experience also we are suposed to sing in the last part (na, na, na, na) most of the time we are nervous so we don't sing a lot, also in that part i play the harmonica.a-hard-days-night-john-4

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
25 April 2011
10.27pm
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6980
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WELCOME BACK!!!

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

26 April 2011
7.43pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

WELCOME BACK!!!

Thank you!, it`s just that:

"If this forum breaks my heart

i'll go

but i'll be back again"

On topic: i forgot to mention i am also learning "Baby you're a rich man", because i need a song for friday

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
26 April 2011
9.32pm
Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 8360
Member Since:
14 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

a-hard-days-night-paul-6Good luck with the songs, GB. Let us know how everything turns out!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth. Blessed is he whose fame does not outshine his truth. Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes
27 April 2011
12.42am
Avatar
StrawberryLakiesha
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 452
Member Since:
3 March 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I learned While My Guitar Gently Weeps on acoustic guitar and I was telling a kid in my History class and then other kids were telling me I should play it in History on the day before Christmas break, so I did!a-hard-days-night-george-8

 

*9*

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!
27 April 2011
11.55pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Zig said:

a-hard-days-night-paul-6Good luck with the songs, GB. Let us know how everything turns out!

Thank you!,and sure i'll try to do my best in telling you about it, i might as well try to make a video of the event and post it. I still have to wonder, should i play the organ in Let it be?(it's easy with a keyboard).

*9* looks like i really should play organ.

Edit:StrawberryLakiesha,I have also tried to learn how to play "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", it's a great song even for piano, that part is a bit difficult at first.

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
28 April 2011
5.31am
Avatar
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 500
Member Since:
13 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

StrawberryLakiesha said:

I learned While My Guitar Gently Weeps on acoustic guitar and I was telling a kid in my History class and then other kids were telling me I should play it in History on the day before Christmas break, so I did!a-hard-days-night-george-8

 

*9*

Good for you! And for everyone else who performed to a lot of people. It takes a lot of guts for that.

I organized a bunch of people from all over the world to sing Hey Jude and play it on guitar at a culture fair last year. The whole audience was singing along by the end! I felt like Paul, even if just for a tiny bit. Cool way to bring people together, it was a good feeling.

*17* the universe thought so too, because the universe was singing along

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
28 April 2011
10.31pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JET! said:

StrawberryLakiesha said:

I learned While My Guitar Gently Weeps on acoustic guitar and I was telling a kid in my History class and then other kids were telling me I should play it in History on the day before Christmas break, so I did!a-hard-days-night-george-8

 

*9*

Good for you! And for everyone else who performed to a lot of people. It takes a lot of guts for that.

I organized a bunch of people from all over the world to sing Hey Jude and play it on guitar at a culture fair last year. The whole audience was singing along by the end! I felt like Paul, even if just for a tiny bit. Cool way to bring people together, it was a good feeling.

*17* the universe thought so too, because the universe was singing along

That is great, Hey Jude is great to sing along, even in my music class where we all have a problem about singing we sing along.About performing for people it is quite difficult, more if you are alone but i you have a little help form your friends it's a great experience.

One question:

What does everyone here think about "Hey Jude" on harmonica?a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
28 April 2011
11.00pm
Avatar
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 500
Member Since:
13 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes it was quite a bit easier With A Little Help From My Friends! I have a problem with heart rate when I perform solo. It's like everything slows down, but my heart's going like a jackhammer. I don't feel nervous mentally, but that's my physiological reaction to going up there like that. It does not make for good performances. Any suggestions on that one?

Hey Jude on harmonica... If it feels good, do it! Well, if it sounds good. Has it been done before?

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
28 April 2011
11.22pm
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6980
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jet, it's the same with me when I have all the eyes on me. And yet, I seem to thrive in the limelight.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

28 April 2011
11.39pm
Avatar
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 500
Member Since:
13 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well the limelight certainly loves your song rewrites! I wonder if JPG and R ever experienced this feeling in the beginning...
*17* hmm maybe they did.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
29 April 2011
5.25pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JET! said:

Yes it was quite a bit easier With A Little Help From My Friends! I have a problem with heart rate when I perform solo. It's like everything slows down, but my heart's going like a jackhammer. I don't feel nervous mentally, but that's my physiological reaction to going up there like that. It does not make for good performances. Any suggestions on that one?

Hey Jude on harmonica... If it feels good, do it! Well, if it sounds good. Has it been done before?

That`s true, i have a similar problem, when performing alone i usually get nervous and start to forget the notes or just playing it faster than normal.

Hey Jude feels great in harmonica, i don't really know if it's been done before but there's a lot of harmonica tablatures for it, but i'm playing it with my own tablature i made from the notes on piano. It's also quite exciting because it's a new sound for the group, but when i finish i usually have to breathe a lot. Looks like my teacher approves the idea of Hey Jude on harmonica, i asked him last wednesday, i just have to see if i can do it in the event.

Also "Baby you're a rich man" will have to wait a week or more, more time to practice.

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
29 April 2011
6.00pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 4630
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm so jealous of people who can performe their favorite songs. If you post videos of Hey Jude with harmonica, please share them!!

 

Break a leg in your event! apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
29 April 2011
7.11pm
Avatar
Getting Better
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mithveaen said:

I'm so jealous of people who can performe their favorite songs. If you post videos of Hey Jude with harmonica, please share them!!

 

Break a leg in your event! apple01

Thanks for the support,i'll probably practice for the event today.

I found this video on you Tube

someone is performing the whole song,the strange part is that none of the videos i've seen they perform the na-na-na Hey Jude part, which is the only one i've been planning to do.

a-hard-days-night-john-5(I wonder what John would think about harmonica in Hey Jude)

OH! i forgot to ask my teacher about organ in "Let it be"

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles And i buried Tulio!
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Starr Shine?, Bongo, Silly Girl, Evangeline, Gagamee, Eleanor Macca, sgtpepper63, Meanmustard
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 11583

Silly Girl: 7670

parlance: 7095

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6133

trcanberra: 5776

Ron Nasty: 5352

Necko: 4822

mithveaen: 4630

AppleScruffJunior: 3997

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3491

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3931

Posts: 218443

Newest Members:

Meanmustard, Aristovaniax, jeff.maxfield, GoodDaySunshine, witchiemum

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 11770, meanmistermustard: 18431, Zig: 8349, Joe: 4474

Administrators: Joe: 4474, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: U.C.Nothing