Any song lyrics upset you? | Page 3 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Any song lyrics upset you?
No permission to create posts
19 September 2010
3.37pm
Avatar
Sunii
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 648
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

Ummm..... Sunii? Only guys can have those.a-hard-days-night-paul-4


That is when I didn't know what it meant.

Anyways, it's a myth. Girls can have wet dreams, too. End of discussion. It would be weird and awkward discussing wet dreams on a forum...

  Thursday night your stockings needed mending.
19 September 2010
3.39pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sunii said:

Dear Prudence said:

Ummm..... Sunii? Only guys can have those.a-hard-days-night-paul-4


That is when I didn't know what it meant.

Anyways, it's a myth. Girls can have wet dreams, too. End of discussion. It would be weird and awkward discussing wet dreams on a forum...


I did not know that. Lets end this.
Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
22 October 2010
5.51pm
Avatar
rocco
Brooklyn, New York
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 5
Member Since:
21 October 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Run For Your Life" sort of upset me. Then again, it was a different time. Unfortunately, there was a tacit social arrangement that permitted physical abuse to go unpunished. Twisted though it was, violence was seen as a kind of love. (During this time, a young Carole King wrote a song called "He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss".) In other words, you wouldn't hurt your woman unless you truly loved her. Demented, but it was what it was.

 

No lyrics really upset me. "Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye" disturbed me, but not upset me. I think it's to The Beatles' credit that they didn't go for shock value. They did, at times, go for the jugular, but it was done with intelligence and effectiveness.

 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

24 October 2010
3.53pm
Avatar
Chollie
in my tree
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 31
Member Since:
20 March 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrBig said:

Hello Goodbye is just a very very stupid song. It doesn't mean anything, whatsoever. I like the bass in that song, though.


Stupid in the ear of the beholder! A song of opposites, one would think!
A restless wind inside a letterbox
24 October 2010
8.35pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1080
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Chollie said:

MrBig said:

Hello Goodbye is just a very very stupid song. It doesn't mean anything, whatsoever. I like the bass in that song, though.


Stupid in the ear of the beholder! A song of opposites, one would think!
 

If your name is Chollie, perhaps your first name is Melon a-hard-days-night-george-8
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
10 December 2010
11.55pm
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6980
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

11 December 2010
12.23am
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 334
Member Since:
17 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Not a beatles song... But! John Lennon's God sort of upsets me.. Not the whole thing. Just the "God is a concept"a-hard-days-night-ringo-11  part. It makes me mad.

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison
11 December 2010
1.17am
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

kingjjj8 said:

Not a beatles song... But! John Lennon's God sort of upsets me.. Not the whole thing. Just the "God is a concept"a-hard-days-night-ringo-11  part. It makes me mad.


I agree, but the song that really boils my blood is "Working Class Hero." Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but the thing that makes me mad is that everything in that song is TRUE!
Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
11 December 2010
1.20am
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6980
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

kingjjj8 said:

Not a beatles song... But! John Lennon's God sort of upsets me.. Not the whole thing. Just the "God is a concept"a-hard-days-night-ringo-11  part. It makes me mad.


I agree, but the song that really boils my blood is "Working Class Hero." Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but the thing that makes me mad is that everything in that song is TRUE!
 

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Please explain

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

11 December 2010
1.58am
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Dear Prudence said:

kingjjj8 said:

Not a beatles song... But! John Lennon's God sort of upsets me.. Not the whole thing. Just the "God is a concept"a-hard-days-night-ringo-11  part. It makes me mad.


I agree, but the song that really boils my blood is "Working Class Hero." Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but the thing that makes me mad is that everything in that song is TRUE!
 

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!
Please explain

Ok I should be more clear...

"As soon as your born they make you feel small, by giving you no time in stead of it all, till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all"

You parent(s) watch you like a hawk for you to reach your milestones. They never let you do anything you want to do and hold you down. Everythink you go through will be painfull, it numbs you to the real pain in the world.

"They hurt you at home, and they hit you at school, they hate you if your clever, and they despise a fool. Till you so F**king crazy you cant follow their rules"

Teachers hate you, your parent hit you if you do something wrong. your peers hate you if your smart, and the hate you if your dumb. They feed you with pain and suffering till you are too numb to do much anthing right.

"Theres room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill. If you want to be like the folks on the hill"

Everyone thinks what you do isn't good enough, and you need to learn how to say "Your house has been forclosed, or yes, your brother is dead" with a grin on your face. You try to be the best you can be but its never good enough.

If this stuff isn't true, I dont know what is.

Dear Prudence Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.
11 December 2010
3.15am
Avatar
StarWisher
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1159
Member Since:
24 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Dear Prudence said:

kingjjj8 said:

Not a beatles song… But! John Lennon's God sort of upsets me.. Not the whole thing. Just the "God is a concept"a-hard-days-night-ringo-11  part. It makes me mad.


I agree, but the song that really boils my blood is "Working Class Hero." Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but the thing that makes me mad is that everything in that song is TRUE!
 

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Please explain


Ok I should be more clear…

 

"As soon as your born they make you feel small, by giving you no time in stead of it all, till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all"

You parent(s) watch you like a hawk for you to reach your milestones. They never let you do anything you want to do and hold you down. Everythink you go through will be painfull, it numbs you to the real pain in the world.

"They hurt you at home, and they hit you at school, they hate you if your clever, and they despise a fool. Till you so F**king crazy you cant follow their rules"

Teachers hate you, your parent hit you if you do something wrong. your peers hate you if your smart, and the hate you if your dumb. They feed you with pain and suffering till you are too numb to do much anthing right.

"Theres room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill. If you want to be like the folks on the hill"

Everyone thinks what you do isn't good enough, and you need to learn how to say "Your house has been forclosed, or yes, your brother is dead" with a grin on your face. You try to be the best you can be but its never good enough.

If this stuff isn't true, I dont know what is.


Oh, wow. a-hard-days-night-ringo-8And you'll be 13 soon? I always took the song as it's OK to be a mechanic. It's OK to be a waitress, but speak up to be counted, because no one else will be listening to you. You don't have to slit someone's throat while smiling if it becomes the unacceptable thing to do by making an racket over it and refusing to be that person. Unfortunately, lots of people have to act that way, (make a huge collective racket) to get anywhere in terms of bettering their own condition.
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss
 
 
11 December 2010
3.18am
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11 December 2010
4.51am
Avatar
parco63
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
27 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Some of George's strike me as mean-spirited and holier than thou.

His contributions to "White Album" are quite strong, but really, Piggies and Savoy Truffle do more for me musically than lyrically.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a little sick lyrically.  Sounds great, though.

I definitely find Run For Your Life to be the weak link on Rubber Soul.  No way is it in the same rank as the classics on that disc, lyrically or musically.

Ringo hasn't a cruel bone in his body, so he's off the hook.  Sweet guy, had a terribly tough upbringing, I saw a special on him and his recent music on PBS a while back and was quite moved by songs like "The Other Side of Liverpool."  He's having a bit of a career renaissance, 70 years young.

two-virginsa-hard-days-night-john-6

Power To The People

long live the Lennon legacy

11 December 2010
3.31pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11 December 2010
4.31pm
Avatar
parco63
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
27 November 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello Dear Prudence,

Considering Richard's upbringing and environment, I'm inclined to say his "gangster" status had everything to do with survival and little or nothing to do with meanness...

In some situations, what looks like a gang to outsiders is a surrogate family to those who live in desperate conditions.

In other situations, the line between "gang" and "band" is mighty fine and dangerous indeed.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

15 December 2010
10.59pm
Avatar
Number Nine
Number Nine, Number Nine...
Royal Command Performance
Forum Posts: 121
Member Since:
12 December 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I like Run For Your Life.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

 

 

 

Please don't eat me...

hari_girl asks: what do you think of eminem's grammy nomination? george_harrison_live: What's eminem? george_harrison_live: aren't they chocolates or something?
15 December 2010
11.00pm
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6980
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Number Nine said:

I like Run For Your Life.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

 

Same

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

15 December 2010
11.05pm
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2730
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Number Nine said:

I like Run For Your Life.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

 

 

Please don't eat me...


*reads line about liking "Run For Your Life"*

*faints*

*recovers*

*reads line about not eating Number Nine*

*falls off chair laughing*

*gets up to post*

*gets 17 for sums*

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, Merch, ewe2, Silly Girl, JPM-Fangirl
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17171

Ahhh Girl: 10762

Annadog40: 9782

Zig: 7567

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5846

trcanberra: 5550

Ron Nasty: 4952

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3336

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3820

Posts: 202478

Newest Members:

Mercury7, babapez, tom_pw, beatlezoe, nicklav99

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 10762, meanmistermustard: 17171, Zig: 7567, Joe: 4392

Administrators: Joe: 4392, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: DrBeatle
Upcoming: None