Ringo Tour 2014 (contains spoilers) | Page 2 | Ringo Starr | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Ringo Tour 2014 (contains spoilers)
31 January 2014
5.42pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1443

If you look at the setlist for his tour last fall (which is with the same lineup) it's about 50% Ringo/Beatles tunes and the remainder are his band. But they're all songs you'll know from the radio so it should still be a blast!

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

31 January 2014
5.44pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5925

DrBeatle said
Not bad at all...it depends on venue, though. For the show I'm going to the top tickets were only $120 but on some other messageboards I'm on, people are saying their venues are charging upwards of $250 for the top tickets!

Our venue had VIP area tickets for $85, but they were all gone when I went onto the site 1-5 seconds after they went on sale. Anyway, we got tickets in the next seating area.

Some second-hand sites are selling seat around ours for $255+ now.

@Ex Tex, promise I won't sing over the band. :-)

31 January 2014
5.52pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1443

That's crazy! We ended up getting the most expensive seats, "Golden Cirlce" seats at this venue, fantastic seats, only $120 each. It's a smallish theatre, too, so we should have an awesome view of the stage.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

31 January 2014
5.55pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1248

Ahhh Girl said

DrBeatle said
Not bad at all...it depends on venue, though. For the show I'm going to the top tickets were only $120 but on some other messageboards I'm on, people are saying their venues are charging upwards of $250 for the top tickets!

Our venue had VIP area tickets for $85, but they were all gone when I went onto the site 1-5 seconds after they went on sale. Anyway, we got tickets in the next seating area.

Some second-hand sites are selling seat around ours for $255+ now.

Lol, how did you know what I was thinking? ;-)

"This Beatles talk bores me to death." --John Lennon

31 January 2014
6.25pm
Ahhh Girl

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

:-) Wild guess, sir. I'm not sure I can promise that there won't be much wiggling of excitement. ;-)

31 January 2014
6.38pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

:-) Wild guess, sir. I'm not sure I can promise that there won't be much wiggling of excitement. ;-)

Just to warn you...I never react to anything.  I once brought my car in for service and the dashboard caught on fire.  I just stood there and watched for a minute or so before I said, "Is the covered under my warranty?"  They really enjoyed telling that story at the dealership!

Wiggle away!  I will be standing still and observing.

31 January 2014
7.46pm
Ahhh Girl

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Just to warn you...I never react to anything.  I once brought my car in for service and the dashboard caught on fire.  I just stood there and watched for a minute or so before I said, "Is the covered under my warranty?"  They really enjoyed telling that story at the dealership!

Too funny, Expert Textpert. I bet they wish all their customers were that calm, cool, and collected.

Ah, the things we learn about people. I will try to contain my enthusiasm a wee bit. :-)

31 January 2014
9.06pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2105

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Dude I don't know how people can do that.  I was losing my shit the whole time when I saw Paul both times!!!  Sang to everything and danced etc.  My husband almost matches my energy, it's fab.  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

31 January 2014
9.16pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1836

When I saw Ringo almost two years ago I moved and sang a little bit, but most of the time I was just stunned that I was seeing a Beatle.

1 February 2014
10.30am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2950

Sky999 said
When I saw Ringo almost two years ago I moved and sang a little bit, but most of the time I was just stunned that I was seeing a Beatle.

That's how I'd be, I think. And probably so intent on trying to capture each little detail and moment to lock away for future reference, that I'd forget to actually relax and enjoy it at the time. It must be so weird to see someone who you've read so much about in the flesh.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

1 February 2014
5.23pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

Sky999 said

That's how I'd be, I think. And probably so intent on trying to capture each little detail and moment to lock away for future reference, that I'd forget to actually relax and enjoy it at the time. It must be so weird to see someone who you've read so much about in the flesh.

Emily, have you not seen a Beatle before?

2 February 2014
9.03am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2950

^^ Nope :(

I'm still waiting for Paul to come to the UK, but y'know....

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

2 February 2014
7.24pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
^^ Nope :(

I'm still waiting for Paul to come to the UK, but y'know....

Well neither have I yet (until Ringo in July). Hopefully you and I will both get to see Paul.

2 February 2014
7.29pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2671

If Paul tours, I hope he comes to Pittsburgh. I didn't have as much of an interest when he came in 2010, didn't even try to get tickets. Would be great to see him now. Ringo'd be nice too, to stay on topic.

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

2 February 2014
11.33pm
Ahhh Girl

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Ahhh Girl said

Wiggle warning! I'm listening to Ringo's Choose Love cd for the first time. The song "Choose Love" came on, and the wiggles just started...they just took over.

Ringo & Co. said (well, not here on the forum, but in the song)

The Long And Winding Road ... is more than a song
Tomorrow Never Knows ... What Goes On

3 February 2014
3.06pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

I don't think I've heard Choose Love yet.  It's on my iPod.

3 February 2014
5.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Expert Textpert said

Let us know when you've had a listen and what you think about it. To sort of stay on topic, I wonder if there is any chance he'd sing it for us at the concert?

3 February 2014
5.22pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1836

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Let us know when you've had a listen and what you think about it. To sort of stay on topic, I wonder if there is any chance he'd sing it for us at the concert?

Here are a list of the songs for his concerts.

3 February 2014
5.46pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10966

Ahhh Girl said

Expert Textpert said

Send him a tweet. He wouldn't do a Beatle song request but he might do a solo track as he would get a kick out of folk asking for more obscure [non-Beatles] songs of his. Wouldn't do any harm.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
3 February 2014
6.24pm
Ahhh Girl

I posted the question to his FB page. Ex Tex, do you tweet?

Thanks for that link, Sky999. I see that he has done the song in concert before. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, LongHairedLady, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, georgiewood, Merch, PlasticSoul14
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10966

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5925

parlance: 5758

Annadog40: 5187

Zig: 4716

Mr. Kite: 4692

mithveaen: 4645