Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
27 October 2012
2.59pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2061sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8What a great way to give directions. “Go down this road, take your first left and play Abbey Road . At the end of “Her Majesty ” you will have arrived”.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 October 2012
3.45pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228

ahdn_paul_06….And lo, a new and much improved version of Sat-Nav was born brian-epstein

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

27 October 2012
3.55pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2063sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore fan when… in talking about Saturday Night Live (and how it is fucking up my sleep schedule), at the first mention of my mother watching SNL in 1976, you ask her if she remembers the Lorne Michaels reunion offer.
(Best part – she does remember it, actually.)

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

27 October 2012
5.31pm
Mother Nature's Son
Find me in my field of grass.
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
2064sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you see a Beatles book in ASDA and excitedly buy it along with three packs of “Strawberry Fields” flavoured tic-tacs. a-hard-days-night-john-6

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius...I am one, and if there isn't, I don't care."
-John

29 October 2012
2.19pm
DearSirOrMadam
Finland, Scandinavia, Europe
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6
2065sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

You do something that is denied… then someone says “You can´t do that”… and you immadiately start to sing “Everybody´s green ´cause I´m the one who won your love…”

A man must break his back to earn his day of leisure.

1 November 2012
2.53am
Mother Nature's Son
Find me in my field of grass.
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
2066sp_Permalink sp_Print

You misread the word “ago.” as Ringo.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius...I am one, and if there isn't, I don't care."
-John

10 December 2012
8.48pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807

… you dream that Santa’s sleigh (reindeer and all) crash-lands on the roof of your house and you go on the roof and the Beatles (all around 9 or 10 years old) are in the sleigh (no Santa) so you show them around your house and let them listen to the music they’re going to make in about a decade or so and you find out that they traveled to the 21st century form 1951 or something but letting them listen to the music doesn’t mess up the fabric of time because there’s still a copy of them back in the 1950s doing whatever they’re supposed to be doing so you let the little Beatles stay at your house and you show them how to draw a really realistic picture of a unicorn.

Yeah.

And that’s not even the weirdest dream I’ve ever had. Not even close.

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

10 December 2012
9.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2068sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a Beatles fan when your friends constantly send you pictures of anything Beatles related they run into because they thibk you might find it interesting, even if it’s a mug or something.

11 December 2012
12.53am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2069sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) You never want to be sixty-four or older because you won’t be able to sing When I’m Sixty-Four without it being really weird…

“Hey, everyone, guess what? I’m a sixty-five-year-old Beatles fan! *singing* Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m sixty… er, five, no, six? When I’m sixty-six? *end singing* Oh, never mind.”

2) You just said to yourself, “Oh, no! I have to figure out how to stay young forever or I’ll lose the ability to sing a great Beatles song when I get older! Noooooooo!!!!”

3) You dream of naming your kids John, Paul, Ringo, George, Brian, Pete, Stu, Yoko, Linda, Maureen, Barbara, Olivia, Lucy, Prudence, Michelle , Julia , Maxwell, Bill, Jude, Julian, Cynthia, Winston, James, Richard, and Anna… Wow, you plan to have a lot of kids.

4) You always want to know What Goes On .

5) You know the track listing of every Beatles album ever made.

6) You listen to Revolution 9 for the first time and, instead of saying “What the heck was that?” like everyone else, you say, “Cool. Betcha anything John made that.”

7) You have used every smiley in all of your posts combined.

8) You have so many Beatles posters that it looks like your room has Beatles wallpaper.

9) Almost all of your dreams involve the Beatles in some way.

10) You’re constantly running for your life because John told you to.

11) Oh, no, I went over 9! *sobbing* I’m sorry, John, I’m sorry! Will you ever forgive me?

12) You drove a car before you got your license because the Beatles said you could drive their car. Then they told you that they didn’t have a car so you were like “Then whose car is this?” and you moved to different country so you wouldn’t get arrested for a) driving underage and b) stealing someone’s car.

13) You spent a whole day researching the Beatles and you now say random Beatles facts at random times, like when you’re driving somewhere while nobody else is in the car.

14) Everything on this thread applies to you.

~witty quote~

11 December 2012
5.41pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2070sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
You know you’re a Beatles fan when your friends constantly send you pictures of anything Beatles related they run into because they thibk you might find it interesting, even if it’s a mug or something.

My nan does that too!!

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 December 2012
8.02pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2071sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Egroeg Evoli Haha I was actually planning on calling my daughter Olivia or Maureen! But that’s coincidence, because I’ve been saying that for years. I’d never call my daughter Linda though. I’m sick of that name, since everyone always calls me Linda. Apparently it’s soo hard to remember my name ends with an E.

@fabfouremily Haha awesome! My grandma would never do that. She doesn’t even know how the remote control works.

12 December 2012
3.14am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2072sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
I’d never call my daughter Linda though. I’m sick of that name, since everyone always calls me Linda. Apparently it’s soo hard to remember my name ends with an E.

I thought you said the ‘e’ makes an “uh” sound. Did you mean “ey” or something, because the ‘a’ in Linda makes an “uh” sound.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

12 December 2012
12.58pm
Ben Ramon
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 613
2073sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you open Google for some net surfing and without thinking you automatically type the name of a Beatle, a Beatle album or a Beatle song. I do this a worrying amount, considering how much about them I already know. I’m just too hungry for Fabs knowledge.

SHUT UP - Paulie's talkin'

12 December 2012
3.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

When you listen to a documentary about the Beatles christmas records and they play part of the ’64 disc when talking about ’63 and you get annoyed. Doesnt help that Lulu is presenting and that the first thing she says is that the beatles had 4 consecutive christmas #1’s in the singles and album charts. No they didnt, they had 4 christmas number #1 singles but not in a row and Oldies but Goldies failed to reach top spot in ’66 and they had no christmas album in the charts in 1970.

Its hard being a beatle fan and people get things wrong. Sigh.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 December 2012
4.46am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2075sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is Lulu your classmate? You should give her a little more slack. She picked to do her presentation on The Beatles, and you’re probably the only kid to notice anyhowdy. That’s not too bad, I wouldn’t say.

You know that you must be a hardcore Beatles fan when you get exited when you’re doing the crosswords and there is a Beatles question on it.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

14 December 2012
11.52am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
2076sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lulu is a Scottish singer who’s been around since the 60’s. She sang Shout (slighty different to the beatles version on Anthology 1 ) which is probably her most famous song and one of the worst tracks ive ever known to exist. Every song she’s sung is horrendous on my ears, pure torture. The media hold her up as some sort of Scottish icon, why, i dont know.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 December 2012
4.08am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2077sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) You go to the store and walk inside and the song playing is “Sleigh Ride,” being sung by a girl, but at first you think it’s either a Beatles song or a John Lennon song because you thought the voice was John’s.

2) You see a person who works at the store out of the corner of your eye and you think it’s Ringo at first.

3) You see a lipstick called “Red Revolution ” and you buy it because you thought it said “Revolution 9 ” at first.

4) You see a sign in the refrigerated aisle and you think it says “Frozen Beatles” but really it says “Frozen Breakfast.”

I bet I’m going to read a book someday soon and I’ll think every word is a Beatles reference. God , I’m obsessed.

(Please, in your mind, insert an appropriate smiley here, because I have no idea which one fits best.)

I’ll just go with my standard George-winking face.

a-hard-days-night-george-10

P.S.  5) You act like finding an appropriate smiley is a life-or-death situation.

Maybe I should stop listening to the Beatles for a week or so. Wait , how could I even suggest that?!?!?!?!? paul-mccartney

~witty quote~

15 December 2012
5.01pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
2078sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you bought the last edition of the Dandy, just because Paul was in it.a-hard-days-night-paul-8

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

17 December 2012
2.11am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2079sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you have a conversation that goes something like this:

Me: Hey, guess what? I found this really cool website about the Beatles! It’s got facts and a forum and it’s awesome!

Friend: Right. A website… about… beetles?

Me: Yeah, and I already have almost 100 posts!

Friend: What is there to say about beetles?

Me: A bunch of stuff! You know, talk about their music, their lives-

Friend: Their music and lives? What… oh, the Beatles, as in, the band?

Me: Yeah, what did you think I- Oh! No, it’s not about beetles!

*Laughter*

:D

~witty quote~

17 December 2012
2.39pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2080sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Linde said
I’d never call my daughter Linda though. I’m sick of that name, since everyone always calls me Linda. Apparently it’s soo hard to remember my name ends with an E.

I thought you said the ‘e’ makes an “uh” sound. Did you mean “ey” or something, because the ‘a’ in Linda makes an “uh” sound.

It does. No, I don’t mean ”ey”. It’s really ”uh”. Even more ”uh” than in Linda, lol. Over here the A in Linda is really pronounces more as ”aah” though, not ”uh”. 

Anyway, I was zapping through channels and somewhere this movie called ”Rango” was on. You all know what I thought it said.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694