Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
14 November 2014
1.42am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2061sp_Permalink sp_Print

* It turns out Yoko secretly bought John’s childhood home, Mendips, last year

* Speaking of Yoko, a 45 of “Open Your Box,” of which only six copies are known to exist, sold for over $1700

* Louise Harrison will appear at the Kentucky Book Fair tomorrow

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

14 November 2014
2.07am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

parlance said

* It turns out Yoko secretly bought John’s childhood home, Mendips, last year

@parlance, it wasn’t Mendips that this story is about. She bought that many years ago. The house they are talking about now is the one where Julia lived when John was born. Someone, and they speculate it is Yoko, bought the house and is fixing it up to look like it would have in the 1940’s when John lived there. Yoko bought and fixed up Mendips and gave it to the National Trust so that’s why there is specuation that she is doing the same with this other house.

14 November 2014
2.17am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2063sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the correction.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

14 November 2014
2.56am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2064sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m kind of glad Yoko bought it considering what she did with Mendips. Yeay Yoko (and that’s not something i say often, actually i don’t think i’ve said that before).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatleva

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 November 2014
12.35pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

If we ever find out it is definitely Yoko who bought it and is restoring it, we can make a post about it in the Yoko Ono appreciation thread.

15 November 2014
11.42am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509

Father loses wife, sings to dying son…

A truly heartbreaking video showing a new father peacefully singing the Beatles “Blackbird ” to his dying son in a hospital intensive care unit has gone viral.

Chris Picco had experienced tragedy just days before, when his wife, Ashley, tragically passed away in her sleep shortly after delivering baby Lennon by emergency C-section at 2 weeks.

Read the article here.

15 November 2014
12.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2067sp_Permalink sp_Print

This video is also discussed in the Rest in Peace thread. There is one post about it in the Beatley Moments thread too. It is a big enough story to have in multiple locations so I will leave C.R.A.’s post here.

18 November 2014
2.04pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2068sp_Permalink sp_Print

UK fans have a chance to attend a talk with Paul about “Hope For The Future tomorrow here.

[x-posted]

parlance

18 November 2014
2.39pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2069sp_Permalink sp_Print

Daily Herald interview with Glyn Johns.

parlance

19 November 2014
3.11am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2070sp_Permalink sp_Print

* From The Examiner:

VH1 will air an exclusive special, “A Very Bonnaroo Thanksgiving,” at 9 p.m. ET/PT Nov. 27 with live performances by some of the biggest names in music, including Paul McCartney , the network announced in a press release on Nov. 17.

[x-posted to Upcoming TV and radio]

*From the Liverpool Echo:

Liverpool’s Cavern Club will set sail for the first time when a replica of legendary home of The Beatles is installed on a giant cruise liner next year.

Norwegian Cruise Line, which is one of the world’s leading brands, has just signed an exclusive deal with the club’s owner, Cavern City Tours, to recreate the Mathew Street basement club onboard its 4,100 passenger liner MS Norwegian Epic.

parlance

22 November 2014
3.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2071sp_Permalink sp_Print

From RTT News:

The Beatles and the Who are among the artists who have vinyl releases scheduled for Universal’s “12 Days of Christmas” promotion. The promo sees 12 artists dripping exclusive records at indie retailers in the U.K.

The Fab Four will release a seven-inch version of “Long Tall Sally ,” while the Who will release a “Be Lucky” seven-inch.

parlance

22 November 2014
5.15pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494

Have to admit that Parlance never takes a day off informing us about beatles . This thread has over 2000 posts, most of the contribution to this thread is by her. If there will ever be a “Beatles Bible Hall Of Fame” , Joe should must make Parlance the first inductee. Parlance you have got all my respect and here have an apple01 as a gift. You Da The Real MVB 

(Most Valuable Beatlemanic)

The following people thank Hey Jude ! for this post:

parlance
22 November 2014
5.21pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2073sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was a period of about a month or two last year where parlance had exams and she decided to take a break off the forum to do her work. This section was practically dead without her and she got an honorary award in our annual prize-giving celebration. I think there should be a new title for this thread: 

‘Beatles news (In parlance we trust)’.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Mr. Kite, meanmistermustard, parlance, Hey Jude !, HeyTrud

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 November 2014
12.09am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2074sp_Permalink sp_Print

*blush* It’s my pleasure. I’m a news junkie.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Joe

23 November 2014
5.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Rolling Stone article on the new cover of ‘Imagine ‘ for UNICEF featuring a whole host of artists including Katy Perry, Nicole Kidman and Will.I.AM singing but in a twist from the norm they use John’s original version and John is in the video. It is really well done.

(x-posted to ‘Beatles covers news (other musicians covering Beatles songs)‘)

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 November 2014
3.59pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2076sp_Permalink sp_Print

From Billboard:

Late last week, their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at their official London residence, Clarence House, to celebrate 100 years of U.K. collection society PRS for Music

Sir Paul McCartney , Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Ray Davies, Brian May, Lily Allen, Laura Mvula and Spandau Ballet’s Gary Kemp were among the attendees, alongside a small selection of PRS’ senior management team and key licensees. Billboard was also there to witness a jovial Prince Charlesacknowledge some of the U.K.’s best known songwriters and composers. 

“All of you play such an incredibly important part in this country’s artistic, cultural and economic life, that the least I could do would be to hold a small party to celebrate the PRS centenary and also celebrate what all of you contribute to this country, and all around the world,” Prince Charles told guests at the Nov. 20 event.

“My wife and I salute you and thank you for the extraordinary talent and creativity you give to our country,” he went on to say, adding: “I want to thank you for what you do economically, culturally and artistically, and also thank the PRS, who tries to make sure all of you get what you deserve at the end of the day. So happy centenary.”

More at the link.

The following people thank parlance for this post:

HeyTrud

2 December 2014
12.33am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2077sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul is the second richest recording artist, after Madonna and just ahead Dr. Dre, according to a new study.

It is noted by the study that McCartney only made $7 million of his fortune during the Beatles years.

The rest of his fortune was amassed during his later solo career.

McCartney does hold one top distinction, however – at 72, he is the oldest member of this top 10 list.

parlance

2 December 2014
3.59pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2078sp_Permalink sp_Print

From The Examiner:

Event organizer and peace activist Jerry Rubin has written to let us know today, November 30, 2014, that the John Lennon Annual Public Memorial Candlelight Remembrance will take place Monday, December 8, 2014 at Lennon’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Rubin wrote, “Lennon and Beatles fans are invited to bring candles and flowers to place around the star. Fans are also invited to perform music and poetry and share remembrances at an open mic set up at the event.” John Lennon was shot and killed outside his home December 8, 1980 as Lennon and wife Yoko returned home from a recording session.

Rubin continued, “The event emcee will be Chris Carter, radio host of Breakfast With the Beatles.Guest speakers will include Instant Karma correspondent Harry Bluebond and longtime fans Pat Tyson and Nancy Hutchins. Dedicated star-polisher Dennis Garling will arrive a bit early with an assistant or two to clean and polish John’s star. Lennon’s star is located in front of the Capitol Records Tower Building at 1750 North Vine Street.”

See the new Facebook page for Beatle memorials

The annual events for John Lennon and George Harrison at the Walk of Fame stars are organized by dedicated fans who have been promoting and attending the annual public memorial remembrances for many years.

George Harrison memorial:See the link below to our report on George Harrison ’s memorial event yesterday at his Walk of Fame Star, with many photos submitted by Pat Tyson.

parlance

2 December 2014
6.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2079sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s “Hope For The Future ” will be released Dec. 8, according to The Examiner.

[x-posted to the Paul collabs thread]

parlance

2 December 2014
6.53pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

From George’s official store:

For those of you who missed out on the limited edition “POSTER FOR GEORGE” prints last month we offer you the opportunity to get this great image at an affordable price.

That price is $35!

[x-posted to the Fiendish Thingies thread]

parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691