7 April 2013
I've just listened to your remix. And i think its amazing! I particularly liked what you had done with Got To Get You Into My Life and how you combined Girl with the strings from Golden Slumbers, I think that should have been included on the main album rarther than the Junk track.
This is a great piece of work.
"We can do what we want, we can live as we choose"
17 December 2012
25 July 2013
Thank everyone, and I do apologize for posting in the wrong section.
I hope to manage and get the word of this project spread out to more of the Beatles community. As a treat I wrote out all of the edits I made in the album
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Backing track to "Baby You're A Rich Man"
- "Lovely Rita" isolated drums on the right channel
- John Lennon talk taken from the beginning of "Two of Us"
- "All You Need Is Love"'s intro brass
- Paul counting in taken from "I Saw Her Standing There"
- "Penny Lane" trumpet
- Percussion and drumtrack from "Strawberry Feilds Forever"
- "A Day in the live" Orchestral Climax
- "Don't Pass Me By" intro sounds
- John Lennon from "Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Anthology)"
- "Sun King" sound effects
Extra Notes: There isn't much going on in the middle which I'm sad to say. Fun fact is I actually attempted to put the short guitar solo from "Carry That Weight" when the start to sing "Sgt. Pepper's.. evening go." It did fit, but on pitch-wise (contrasting minor major stuff). Bill Shears is still introduced in a way as Ringo is the one who sings the next song.
- "Yellow Submarine in Pepperland"
- Unused "Yellow Submarine" intro
- Unused "Yellow Submarine" sound effects put back
- Beatles' Introduction from Live At The BBC
Extra Notes: The intendency with the intro was to emulate LOVE's "Octopus's Garden". When Ringo starts to sing the orchestral part was sped up a great deal.
And Your Bird Can Sing/Nowhere Man
- Beatle talk + count in from "AYBCS" early take
- "Here Comes The Sun" drum fills put into various parts through-out the song
- "Day Tripper" guitar riff
- Bass from "AYBCS" take 2 replaces before the break
- The instrument break pays tribute to how it was done in take 2
- "Good Morning, Good Morning" fill on top of "HCtS" fill
- "Nowhere Man" guitar Solo
- "Day Tripper" vocals
- "Nowhere Man" vocals
- "Nowhere Man" guitar
Extra Notes: Who would've known? Well my younger brother did as he was the one who noticed the similar chord progression.
- Drum beat increased
- "In My Life" vocal
- "Here Comes The Sun" moog synth
- "I Feel Fine" guitar riff
- "Sgt. Pepper" Brass
- "Helter Skelter" guitar riff
- Backwards final chord from "A Day In The Life"
- Sitar drone from "Within You Without You"
- Ontop of "I Feel Fine" feedback
- John Lennon's vocal from "A Day In The Life"
- Percussion from "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"
Extra Notes: Compared to the original stereo mixing, instead of the piano and guitar being in the same channel and spread them to seperate channels. The ending was in spirit of emulating LOVE's "Hey Jude."
- Large amounts of Beatles studio chatter
- "Within You Without You" Indian Drums
- "WYWY" Sitar
- "Love To You" Sitar
- "Something" strings
- "Tomorrow Never Knows" sounds
- "For The Benefit of Mr. Kite" sounds
- "Strawberry Feilds Forever" sounds
- "Revolution 9" sounds
- Backwards intro guitar feedback from "It's All Too Much"
Extra Notes: This is the intermission of the album. But instead of just putting in the chatter I did see to it that it would be a compositional remix. The indian instruments were added to it's seperate channel because that one didn't have much on it compared to the other. The ending of the track uses a lot of panning which I hope you can "trippily" enjoy.
Got To Get You Into My Life
- Guitar from "Getting Better"
- Guitar solo from "Drive My Car"
Extra Notes: This is Take 2 and the final take synced up and over dubbed. The biggest task here was balance.
- Take 1 count in
- "Birthday" drums
- "Oh! Darling" guitar
- "Birthday" guitar break
- "GTGYIML" brass
Extra Notes: This mix came about out of no where and made it's own way into the album.
"Save the Last Dance for Me" from the Beatles "Get Back Sessions"
Don't Let Me Down
- "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" moog synths
- "Sun King" drums, guitar, and bongos
- "Come Together" drums
- "Dear Prudence" drum fills, guitar part, piano
- "Octopus's Garden" lead guitar part
Extra Notes: First I'd like to apologize. Don't Let Me Down was the only track from the Get Back Sessions not over-productionized by Phil Spector and put on 1970's Let It Be album. But when things just fit, one must put it together. The ending of this song is definitely one of my personal high lights.
Audience sounds from "Sgt. Pepper"
- "Sgt. Pepper Reprise" Intro
- Lennon Interview from Anthology 1
- Lennon studio talk from before recording "Birthday"
- Drum fills from "Hello, Goodbye"
- Drum fills from "Good Morning, Good Morning"
- "A Day In The Life" orchestral climax and final chord
- More major chord taken from the Anthology 3 "The End Remix"
- Various Beatles chatter (from the end of certain songs)
Extra Notes: The introduction was cut up since it's not accompanied by the rest of The End medly. I hope I didn't offend anyone with that, but I understand and apologize if you are. The significance for John Lennon saying "Are you ready Paul? This is it!" is that not only is this the end but it's a known fact that all three Beatles alternate parts during the guitar solo. Paul is the first to start. Now the drum fills during the guitar solo could be imagined to have been incredibly tricky. It actually wasn't but it still amazes me how the fills work so well emphasizing the guitar solo.
Thanks for listening!
1 May 2011
1 November 2013
(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)
18 March 2013
17 December 2012
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Expert Textpert, IveJustSeenAFaceo, AbbeyRoadRage, Oudis, JauntyMonty, Sun King, Meowson, ethanland
Currently Browsing this Page:
mr. Sun king coming together: 6872
Ahhh Girl: 5925
Mr. Kite: 4693
Ron Nasty: 3331
Guest Posters: 88
Newest Members: jillbousquet, LennonGirl, PlasticSoul14, Pepper14, The John
Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5925, meanmistermustard: 10967, Zig: 4716, Joe: 3601
Administrators: Joe: 3601, Ellie: 1